Monday, August 21, 2006

My Past Year in J-Land


I moved into the neighborhood back on June 18, 2005.  I quietly unpacked and looked around the neighborhood.  I was so busy getting things settled in my own place but I wanted to see my neighbors, find out what I got in to.  Everything appeared to be perfect!  I started a little decorating and a few neighbors stopped by to say hello and welcome me.  It was great getting to know them as they helped me around.  Showed me the 'cool' spots, gave me tips on the how 'to spruce up.'

 

It wasn't long and I was addicted.  I wanted my own graphics to match my entries.  I got hooked on PSP and things took on a life of their own.  One thing led to another and I was having a blast with my new found hobby.  Never did I think I'd change the world or folks outlook on life, but it was fun to be part of the neighborhood.  Then it was time for the Vivi's.  I was a newbie and had no clue what it was.  Then the whirlwind.  Nominees, votes, parties, winners.  To my amazement I was nominated and more and more neighbors stopped by.  It was so much fun entertaining.  I had no expectations of winning but it was so much fun to partake.  Then the winners were announced.  I was shocked!  Being so new and I had won.  Not only new to the neighborhood but new to making the graphics that won me the award.

 

Time went on and I got comfy. I noticed the neighborhood was just like others.  You have the neighbor who throws late night parties.  The one down the street who knows everything and sees it all, and just as quickly jumps on the phone to spread the word.  The old crank around the block who doesn't want you on his grass, but comes to yours and, well, lets his dog do his duties.  It's what you make of it.  It's what you put into it. 

 

I've watched anger spoil things but it cannot over shadow the good.  The genuine caring, the love for folks, and the ability for folks to share.  I don't think anyone here thinks they'll change theworld or bring world peace, but it's so nice to be part of a community that tries to make a small portion of the world a good place to be.  The friends I've made are endless, and I enjoy each one of you!  You've made my move in special and I don't foresee moving again for some time.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna
What a great entry!  You are such a welcome addition to this community, I'm glad you are not going to move again.  You've really captured the essence of J-land in this post.  Great to have you here in the hood!
Sam

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what you have acomplished in so little time, keep up the good work.Managed to watch  the Cafe talk a little last night, you all seemed to have such a good time and to get on really well. Love Pat x

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Oh Donna I thought you must have been doing graphics for years ,now I'm even more in awe  of you  and your lovely graphics ,as I have said before a couple of times YOU ARE SO CLEVER ,thankyou so much, with love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Howdy Neighbor! What a great entry I'm glad you moved in... it's been a joy having you here.

Hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

See Donna I knew you can scrapbook!! You just do it well online than in a book. LOL. Nice graphics. From you know who..

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Well, that's the way it goes, doesn't it. Whether it be in physical life or in cyberspace. It still works the same. Enjoyed the chat last night, a whale of a time!

Anonymous said...

JLand is a good place to be.

Robin

Anonymous said...

Ahhh that's a lovely entry Donna and so nicely put :-)  I think we all owe you so much for the lovely graphics you make for us to share - thank you xx

Anonymous said...

Awwww....C'm ere MB...*BIG HUGS*

We loves ya hun!

Lv Stevie
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, D!  I changed it and finally got my entry done although this one was a little difficult for me...not sure why.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna, what a gret post, are ther any vancanies in your neighborhood, I want o move in. Thanks for letting me read your journal for the last year.

Anonymous said...

It's been nice having you as a neighbour and watching your talent grow! You've been so generous with your graphics, J-Land is a better place with you around! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

THE NEIGHBORHOOD IS A NICE PLACE TO BE WITH YOU IN IT.
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SHARING AND CARING.
~CONNIE~

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think I *can* bring world peace or give it one hell of a try! LMAO

This is a beautiful entry and I love your "neighborhood" analogy!
Thank you for all the graphics you make and thank you for all the times you have helped me!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

D, you are the best!!  I can't thank you enough for all the help you've provided and all your beautiful graphics.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

The words you have written here are beautiful,just as your graphics are.I can feel the warmth of them coming through.Congratulations you well deserve the award.Being new to J/Land is very hard,but I will follow with interest all I can,it seems in the short time I have been reading entries,I  do not feel half as lonely now.Also they say laughter is the best medicine, and I have certainly had plenty of those since joining J/Land.LOL!! Feels Good.Take Care God Bless You.
Astoriasand.

Anonymous said...

D, sometimes I try to remember 'where' or how I met a fellow j-lander.  I remember specifically how I met you.  We met through Sam, aka GABoatman just after the 'ads' when you put up your lighthouse beacon for our friends who moved on ... So glad you're here and glad you plan to stick around!

Anonymous said...

Won't ya be, won't ya be my Neighbor. Hi Neighbor!

I am so fortunate to be your neighbor hun and glad to have meet ya in J-land!

Hugs,
Chelle

Anonymous said...

OMG  you got Stevie singing Imagine to work!  he sounds great!

Vivian

Anonymous said...

Hugs and well written....glad to have visited your hood...hugs,TerryAnn