Sunday, August 13, 2006

Life is a Treasure

... and should be treated as such.  I had an absolutely glorious day.  The mood around my house was light and full of humor.  Phone calls to family members and friends full of good topics and lots of laughs.  Seems no matter how much time passes in our busy lives we still treasure the time spent together or just talking on the phone.  Funny we finish each others sentences and always seem to know what the other will say. 

 

Then there was time on here.  IM's and email threads that went on for sometime, it brought me to tears.  I swear had I not got up I would have pee'd myself laughing.  Spewing coffee all over seemed to be the 'norm.'  What a treasure to have such confidence in a relationship that you don't hold back, but you can be yourself.  No cover up, nothing fake.  Genuine caring.  One of the many things J-Land has brought me, a treasure chest full of friendships that span the globe and grow each day.  Thank You!  I was going to leave the celebration out of this entry, but while on the topic how can I?   Ste's video is worth a thousand words.  He did an awesome job!   What a great tribute to the community and the love and friendships it shares. 

 

I also did several graphics today.  Time did allow for me to play a bit.  It's so nice having the time but will admit on occasion I do miss the hectic schedule of being a single Mom.  Today while the football game was on I remember all the practices and games I attended while my son was young, from little league, to modify in middle school, to JV and Varsity.  I remember the loss I felt when it all ended.  First he was driving himself and I would only go to games, then it was completely over.  He grew up.  He has since moved out and has his own.  Supports himself rather nicely.  Yes, I am proud.  He stopped by earlier and it was nice to chuckle about a few things, talk about serious plans, and then it was time for him to go.  Still breaks my heart when he walks out the door even if he only goes a few blocks.  He is my greatest treasure and I cherish him with all my heart.  I can't imagine days going by without seeing him or talking to him.  For all you Mom's that deal with that, my thoughts are with you, I can't even imagine the ache in your hearts.  Hugs to you!   Life is a treasure!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the graphic of marine life. I will have to show it to rebecca being she is such a turtle hog, lol. She will love it, i'll leave you a comment from her on what she says about it. I just want to tell you I love how you word your entries. They are always so heart warming and detailed. I can tell you are very happy in JLand just by what you write about and also how great a life you have. So glad you had a wonderful day and was able to have a visit from your son. Have a great evening. (((hugs)))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I love the graphic and I loved Ste's vid too!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Awwww, that almost had me in tears!!
You're such a good mother..*HUGS*...*wipes tears*

And thanks for the compliments on my video. I'm seeing it mentioned everywhere. I can't thank people enough! I'm sooooooooo relieved that people actually like it! PHEW! lol!

But I just know I'm gonna have missed at least 1 person out by mistake..grr..lol!

Lv Stevie

xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Yes Donna we are so blessed to have our wonderful children ,and family ,and friends the list goes on ........Thankyou for making me aware of this ,my friend ....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm happy you had a great day. It's good to see friends, or if you can't get out be surrounded by them here in J-Land! You must be so proud of your son, he sounds like he's doing so well in life. I often wonder what my two boys are doing, they haven't spoken to me for over fourteen years. They don't like me being with a black person, thing is they've never even met Andy so can't judge him. Have a great week. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I often wonder how i will make it when Megan leaves for college next year...she is starting her senior year....Chad is 14 and going to be a freshman....and he says he is moving out when he is 34. LOL          I know they can stay forever if they want! Glad you had such a wonderful day! I hope your week continues in that happy vein.
HUGS, lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the day of all days, doesn't it. You're absolutely right, life's a treasure.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

love you Donna!
love,natalie