Thursday, August 17, 2006

I can Breath

...yes things have been hectic this past week.  Spreadsheets, word documents, power point presentations, access data reports, client set ups, client changes, data base maintenance, sales pitches.  I think I've been working in each and every program you could find on a PC, both for personal and business reasons.  I'm caught up now, and have a sense of accomplishment.  Caught up but not completely done, yet it is refreshing to be able to just play.  To sit back and listen to the nearby brook as it weaves through the countryside.  The subtle noise as it finds its way around the bend and over the pebbles and stones in it's path.  The church bells ringing in the distance.  Smell the fresh summer air.  Fresh cut grass, sweet scents from the garden.  Watch the sun as it sets and throws glorious colors over the horizon.  :::pinch:::  Wake up, you're dreaming, that is not your house!  Just a place to go in your thoughts to relax after a hectic week.

 

Years ago when I got my first computer I was virtually a spazz with it.  I had no idea what anything was and used it basically for email and chat.  How things have expanded.  As my son got older we worked together to figure out programs and the how to's.  Sure it was nice to have it to play games, and draw in the paint program pre-installed.  Is that even still on here?  I'd have to look.  My son drew so many pictures in BMP format but neither of us have even touched it in years.  We both decided we needed to learn what we could and make this more than a toy or hobbie.  It's nice to know that he can now find his way around and do what he needs to do as a young adult.  LOL sometimes I even have to call him to ask, 'how do I?'  What a difference a few years make.  My great nephew, and great niece for that matter both have some skill on here and can't wait to help teach them the finer points of a computer. 

 

What do you use your computer for?  Is it just a toy?  Do you use other programs?  Do you know the programs you have?  Curious.....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use it mainly to play around on and I figure as the kids get older it will come in handy for school reports and stuff like that. Have a great weekend

Hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

Luckily for me the project my company has assigned me to for the past 3 years is a web based (Internet) project......so that makes my work environment totally mobile. As long as there's a computer, I can work anywhere. So I often work from home using my home computer (because I prefer the big screen of my personal desktop computer over my company issued laptop). Some of the other programs I use are Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Word (I should be using Microsoft Project but I don't). And I use a lot of travel industry software.

I frequently need multiple computers so I work in a computer lab moreso than my office and only work at home when I don't need to look at our product in the  7 languages that we support.  OK that's a long way of saying....I mostly use my computer for pleasure, but it does double duty when I need to work from home.

Love the graphics in the entry above!

Vivian

Anonymous said...

Ooh, interesting post!!

I use my computer for many things.

Obviously, I make my videos and come online a lot, but I also use it to make the music for my songs which I then record vocals too. It's VERY important to me.

I couldn't live without my computer now..It's been a door to getting to know MANY great people, one of which is yourself!

Lv Stevie
xxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I bought mine last year, I'd never touched one before! I wanted it to download my pics on and make picture CD's to store them. I taught myself just about everything I needed to know, with help from my J-Land friends when I got stuck! I also use it to look things up on the internet, download music to my MP3 player, write letters and keep in touch with friends and make new friends in J-Land!

Anonymous said...

i can email and IM....i know how to go to websites....i have NO clue how to do anything in PSP...i do not have a program for that.....and i wish for it SOOOOOOOOO badly....i want to create. Maybe someday. I am half PC illiterite.
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

well I dont use ita w much as my kids do! but theyare fun Donna! thanks for an interesting forum!
love,nat

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

My computer was always used for school. I have MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Etc. ( haven't learned Powerpoint yet) The internet is for research; especially the news lately. I have a photoshop I really  don't use anymore since I got psp.  I have other programs I don't use very much anymore. I'd have to say my computer is used for both work and entertainment.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

h