Sunday, August 27, 2006

Keeping Up with the Brits!

No offense to my friends from across the pond.  You have videos and music, and whatever else your little heart wants so I wanted to try.  LOL ok so I'm an ass, what can I say!?!  I went out and bought a new headset/microphone for another purpose but got to thinking, yeap, that can be dangerous!  If I can get music files on my journal, why not record my voice and see if that would work.  I know AOL has a feature for audio files/entries, but you have to pay for it.  Not that $5 a month is bad, but I won't use it enough so why bother.  So I get everything set up and record.  OMG!!!  Voice is horrendous but ohhh well, it's me.  I save the file and upload it.  Wow!  It worked!  Well, sort of.  Apparently the file was too big so it kept cutting me off.  I couldn't convert the wav file, not sure why, but I will work on that if I decide to do it again.   So back to record again, something shorter.  Me the talker?  With a time limit?  This should be a trip!   And it was, but I did get a little bit of a voice entry.  Good gawd, I said I was an ass!  ROFL but it was fun. 

 
Keeping up with the Brits! click here

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Nope I knew you weren't singing (this time). But loved hearing your voice, it's delightful...now waiting for you to sing!!! :)
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

You're the very first American I've ever heard use the word 'bloody'!  Is it in common use or have you picked it up from Brits?

Anonymous said...

Second thoughts - why not use UTube and put that in your Blog like this guy does?  Have a looksee  :O)
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sdrogerson/SpecimenDays

Anonymous said...

So now I have a voice to go with the face...cool....and I thought your voice sounded lovely...huggies...TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Donna,
Everybody's horrified on hearing their on voice, so stop moaning. Did I expect you to say anything? Nope, so I'm not bloody nuts :-x

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

LOL...what no singing? Cute D...I love it.  Hugs and GbU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Who are you calling nuts?  he hee heee ,no you dont need to sing you have a lovely accent ,so nice to hear your voice ,go on tell us a story ,thats was lovely Donna ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Though i dont understand how you did it, i loved hearing your voice..how cool! You had written that you thought you knew why i cant get music in my J...when you have time would you please email me and tell me? i sure want music in my journal and its driving me insane.
XO lisa

Anonymous said...

Bloody nuts sound painful.   You sould just like I would imagine you to sound.    :)

Robin

Anonymous said...

nice entry!
hugs,nat

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

lovely to hear your voice ~ Look forward to some more video's from you ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I WILL HAVE TO DO THIS LATER AS IT SAID OVER 6 MINUTES TO DOWNLOAD. BY THE WAY, WHAT ALL DID YOU DO TO GET IT ON HERE AND IN HYPERLINK EVEN?? INQUIRING MINDS WANNA KNOW.~CONNIE~

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not singing?  I think?  LOL ... you are a hoot!

Anonymous said...

LOL...sing, D, sing...I'm not hearing the accent I thought I would..Love it.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

That is so cool :-)  

Anonymous said...

I'll have to come back later. I still have dial-up.
LOL
Dianna

Anonymous said...

I'll have to come back later. I still have dial-up.
LOL
Dianna

Anonymous said...

here is what I do for voice on aol journals. You can go to windows media player and if you have a microphone that plugs into your pc (like seven bucks at wally world if you dont) then just put a few pics in or even dont use pics but it will make a voice thing and save it to your audio files if you dont have pics in it. But its always neat to add a few pictures (graphics you made or what ever as I know you make neat graphis) and then do a voice over. Its also how I do my videos with music on the pics or videos. I love windows movie maker and save the cute little things on cd to share with family and for furture. I tell you Im so having fun with this. I cant scrap book but this lets me do scene transitions and do neat things with the photo and I m having so much fun withit for a year now. by the way LOVE your voice.