Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sunday

Woke up this morning about 5:45.  My son asked for a little help, and of course I couldn't turn him down.  His schedule changed this past week so he was working 7am-7pm today.  That after the same shift yesterday.  Last evening he called about 11ish to ask if I could call him just in case.  He had been out and wanted to make sure he didn't sleep through his alarm.  I logged on the computer and waited until 6 to give him a ring.  He answered, but sounded so very groggy, saying 'I'll get up in a minute.'  I played a bit and called back in about 15 minutes to make sure he didn't fall back asleep.  He's a lot like me in that regards.  If I don't get up and move it is very easy to just doze off again.  Well he was up and moving, as a matter of fact he was getting in his car to go.  He's doing so good with the new job.  He will be getting a raise in a week or so and then a cost of living increase mid September.  Not bad!  Not bad at all.  I am extremely proud of him and how he has grown into a responsible young adult. 

 

Since I knew he was off to work I shut down the computer and went back to bed.  It is so very nice to have that luxury.  I did my job of getting up at the crack of dawn to take care of children.  Fixing breakfast and making sure all was ok.  Now I just get up on occasion to make a call.  LOL  It was pretty chilly this morning and it was wonderful to climb into bed and pull the comforter up around my chin.  The fresh air made it's way into my room through the open window and smelled so clean.  I could hear the birds and a few passing cars but it didn't deter me from falling back into a slumber.  Like an early fall morning.  Relaxing as hell!

 

I really don't have much planned today.  I took care of my errands during the week, so I thought I would just relax around the house.  Maybe do a bit of laundry.  It's Sunday you know and football has started.   So, yes, there is a game on in the background.  A jock at heart, but I prefer my hockey.  The temperatures warmed up a bit and it has turned into a beautiful day.  A bright blue sky with only a few clouds to be seen.  None of them the same by the way :)  The leaves on the trees are dancing in the soft breeze and I have birds and butterflies moving about in my front yard.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw a flutter fairly close to the window.  I jumped, even knowing bats don't visit during the day.  To my delight it was a hummingbird.  It was small and moving rather quickly from flower to flower.  I grabbed my camera in an attempt to snap a shot, but no such luck.  The swift flutter of the wings were nothing but a blur and the screen in the window made it non recognizable.  Damn! 

 

Ohhhh... I got a great alert, yesterday I think, and I wanted to spread the word.  Linda is back!  She has changed her username and journal title but she is back.  She is doing as well as can be expected but surely could use some words of encouragement through this rough time.  If you have a moment drop by and welcome her back :)

 

Well I'm off to enjoy some free time.  Happy that I can sit back and reflect on how well my son turned out, that I have a clean and happy home, that I have so much to give and live for, for all my friends here and in the real world, and my family.  Ahhhh Life is good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll go over abnd visit Linda, I've been so worried about her. Glad you got a lazy Sunday, pity about the hummingbird, I didn't know you had them that far north! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I loved that ,that is just the sort of thing I did for my kids ,lovely ,pleased hes doing well ,bet you are so proud of him , .............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You are a great mom.....congrats on an awesome young adult son who you are proud of! Maybe you could share some parenting tips...my son is 14 and quite the handful.

Wow, your son works long hrs..i am glad he is doing so well. I hope you have had a good Sunday and have a great night.
Hugs,lisa

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a great entry!!

You're such a good mother....Your kids are blessed with you, and you with them, and us with you, and you with us..no wait, that sounded wrong..LOL!

Love ya MB,

Stevie
xxxx