Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Good Morning

Another quick entry.  Yesterday was a blast and I will share more with you later.  Unless I go back over to my sisters tonight after work to cool down.

 

Karen and I told our story from the night before and everyone got a good laugh.  Her son Mike decided he would stop on his way home later in the evening and see if our bird was in the basement and get it out.  Now, Mike is 25 and a big guy, well over 6 foot.  He loves to tease his aunt and is regularly trying to scare me or get me on some practical joke.

 

He went into the hall and told his Mom and I he could hear it in the basement.  We walked out our door to listen at the basement door.  We heard nothing.  Karen came back in to turn off the fan and that's when it happened.  Mike squealed like a little girl and cowered in the corner of the hall.  I thought for sure he was trying to get my goat and I was determined to be strong.  That was until the damn thing flew by my head and back in my house.  WTF!?!  It was not a freaking bird, but a bat!  My instincts the night before were correct but I believed Karen.  Or.... I just wanted to believe her. 

 

Karen hid behind the door in the living room, I hid in the kitchen with a towel over me.  I've always heard those damn stories about bats getting tangled in someone's hair.   Mike cursed and chased the damn thing through our house.  Closing doors so not to let it get in the bedrooms.  What a site.  The ladies hiding and this 6'5', 300 pound guy chasing a bat with a broom trying to get it out of the house and out the front door.  Which we were smart enough to open first. 

 

Our friend apparently didn't go it the basement last night, but found a comfy spot in the upstairs hall to rest for the night and all of yesterday.  I am not real sure what brought him out last night, maybe the lights in the hallway.  Either way, Mike was able to finally gather it in a toweland get it outside to set it free. 

 

I didn't sleep for shit last night, I kept thinking I had bats in my belfry.  I did finally dose off, but I liked it a whole lot better when I thought it was a bird!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor you! I can just see this happening. We had a bat once flying in my dining room and living room and it got stuck in my drapes and i took Chad who was about 3 (now 14) and ran outside screaming. A neighbor had to get it with a towel.
HUGS,
lisa

Anonymous said...

OMG, I'm so sorry I made fun of you with the bird incident!
I LOVE animals, but i'm TERRIFIED of bats..oh god, my skin's crawlin at the mere thought...euukkghhhhhuuggkkkeeww!!

OMG, if a bat flew into my head, I'm afraid I'd need a swift change of undies right there and then!

Lv Ste
xxx

Anonymous said...

It crossed my mind when you told us about it ,it might be a bat ,oh you poor things I'd have died .I'm backtracking I coudnt get to so many entrys yesterday,so its taking time checking what I've missed .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Poor little bat! He was probably hungry, they come out at night to eat. It's a myth they get tangled up in hair, they have a very sophisticated sonic radar whatsit. I used to love to sit in my garden at dusk and watch them swoop all around me! Last yesr when I was in Borneo they had huge fruit bats bigger than crows, now you wouldn't have liked one of them in your house! Glad Mike rescued him/her and set it free! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,

I've been MIA, but trying to catch up.  I read your past entries and enjoyed them.  This incident would have terrified me though!  Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~