Saturday, September 2, 2006

Awards?

It's hard to believe a year has gone by since the last J-Land Awards.  I suspect it has always been a huge undertaking by the folks who put it together and pulled it off, but there is a volunteer out there that said they'd head it up this year.  Viv has put up a poll to see what kind of interest is out there, so stop by and let her know.  Keep in mind this is for all of J-Land.  There is no clique, and no time frame that you had to have your journal for.  Sure, there has been some negative talk in the past about being a personality contest, paying for votes (ROFLMAO!), even sexual favors (ROFLMFAO!), but don't let it scare you off.  Instead of being negative about the event, a positive influence will spread the word and give those who thought they'd been left out in the past some recognition if deserved.  You still here?  Go tell Viv what you think, she will be taking the poll down in a week.  She has more information about past awards if you are not familiar.  Now go!  LOL

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok hun I voted yes and thanx for asking to go on my petition,of course its ok for you being across the pond,im sure if you came here to holiday,heaven help you lol,that youd expect cleanliness and no problems in buying your souveniers,thanx again love zoe xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I voted YES because of the positive outcome of last year's awards - networking.

Anonymous said...

I voted yes for the exact same reason that pharmolo did.  I met so many great people through last year's  contest and was introduced to so many good journals I had not even heard of before.  Thank goodness someone has volunteered to run it again this year.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Love the tag, D!  I have to go back and put up the revised version.  I suppose that's after I put my trailer up on the blocks to keep the heavy rain waters from flooding.  (I'm sure you know who flaps about this.)  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

What an elegant award!  I love it!  Thanks for posting this entry {{{{{Donna}}}}}  I'm looking forward to it...the awards have always been fun and a great way to meet new people and discover some great new writing, graphics, photography and this year there have been some wonderful videos and some awesome vocal talent in J-Land...I smile as I type that while I'm listening to Stevie sing Imagine here in your journal!

Vivian

Anonymous said...

I voted yes, cos it sounds like good fun!!

Lv Stevie
xxx

Anonymous said...

yeah..yeah...yeah..I got left out and had to take xanax for it! (is that a depression pills? I honestly don't know..I just write the first name that comes to mind! ) LOL!
>paying for votes and sexual favors! ROTFLMAOLOL!!!
Gem :-D
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours

Anonymous said...

oh..on a very positive, happy thoughts..WOW! that is an elegant award design! I wouldn't mind that to decorate my journal! LOL! (hint, hint!)
LOL! LOL!
Gem :D