Saturday, September 2, 2006

Time of Year?

Well, I woke up this morning fairly early and the sky was dark with clouds.  There wasn't a spot of blue sky to be seen.  I could hear the wind as it made its way through the leaves on the trees.  The rain fell soft but steady.  I thought about making coffee and getting started with my day, but that lasted only a second. 

 

As I looked out my back window, I could see the fog dance with the grass.  Since the earth was warmer then the air the steam looked as though fog was settling.  The leaves on the trees were all turned light side up to protect themselves.  The breeze was twirling them in time with the music of the rain.  A steady dance in early morning.  My feet were cold standing on kitchen floor and I decided I was going back to bed!

 

I fluffed my pillows and crawled under my comforter pulling it up to my chin.  My window was opened a crack and I could hear the rain splash outside.  The air was crisp and cool and felt more like a fall day then the beginning of September.  I could smell the moist dirt of the garden below my window, the faint scent of left over flowers, as well as the grass.  It was so clean it tickled my nostrils as it lulled me back to sleep.

 

When I woke up later I had hoped the day would have cleared, but I could still hear the rain falling and feel the crispness in the air.  I ran to do some errands and of course got caught in a downpour as I left the grocery store.  My feet were soaked from trying to dodge the puddles, and the ends of my jeans were soaking up the water as fast as it fell.  A chill right to my bone!  I said to hell with the rest of my errands and came home.  I quickly got out of my wet jeans and put sweats on.  Pulling off my wet socks I could see I had wrinkly skin and they were so cold.  I dug through my closet and got my fuzzy winter slippers and slid my feet in.  It was refreshingly warm.  The temps never got out of the 50's and as I sit here and type it's 53.  Brrrr that is down right cold for this time of year! 

 

My windows are now all closed and the rain still falls.  It's been dark and dreary all day and as it gets later I can see and feel the cool dark blanket covering us for a long evening.  What time of year is it?

 

Tomorrow they are calling for the same.  Maybe if I venture out I will dress like this :)

 

                                            DsDesignsRainyDayGirl.gif

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is the same here in Michigan. I totally understanding wanting to climb back into bed..... Tawnya

Anonymous said...

And how beautiful you would look, I'm sure the smile on your face would be even brighter. Your description of the morning made me feel I was there watching it with you. The weather here in England has changed early as well, today has been so windy and cold it makes you want to turn the central heating on. Love Pat x

Anonymous said...

This sounds like ideal weather to curl up with a good book and a cup of hot cider.  You are right, though, it does not sound like what we would normaly expect on a Labor Day weekend.  I would love to have a break from the heat, though.  It's still in the nineties down here in Georgia!
Sam

Anonymous said...

{{{{{Donna}}}}}

I loved this entry. I felt like I was reading a novel. You write as well has you create graphics!  We're finally getting a break from the oppressive heat here. The 100+ degree temps have broken. It's in the high 70's here today which is quite cool for us. We've had over 40 days of 100+ degree weather this year and the summer isn't over yet.  We are expecting much needed showers tonight and tomorrow. My lawn is eagerly waiting that!

Vivian

Anonymous said...

It has been raining here as well....one of those almost fall days if you will...grey but my airconditioner has been out for the last week and a 1/2 so this feels so good....have a great rest of the weekend...hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe it IS that time of year.There is so much left undone outside.Blame it on laziness.Enjoyed reading this and looking at your pretties.
Hugs :-)
~connie~

Anonymous said...

Bundle up warm hun!! hehe!

Lv Ste
xxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Fall is arriving in NH...our leaves are slowly changing and we have very cool morningd and nights.
Betty

Anonymous said...

Yay, it's warmer in Stornoway than over at your end - 60F on Saturday LOL - and we're on latitude 58N!

Anonymous said...

I am not getting any alerts, (good old AOL)so I came here all by myself,I would be sorry to have missed this ,as I have said before ,your words create pictures every bit as well as your graphics ,'the fog dancing with the grass ',.,.Stay dry and warm ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

that si very cute! I loved Stevie's comment! lol hey Donna isnt hat the salt girl???
:) grins
natalie

Anonymous said...

oh LEIGH ALWAYS wins!!! lol.... thanks for ur welcome.....will be adding a design of my own to my piccies soon ...watch out for it lol
                          shaun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx