Friday, September 15, 2006

It arrived! YEAH!!!

Well folks... I'm honored that Ste sent me the information to post the video of him opening the package I sent.  He's taking a break from journaling for a bit yet he promised to share so we decided to put it here.  Please just keep him in good thoughts and send him as many good vibes as you can muster!  Thanks

 

Just a bit of background so some things make sense to you.  Bless him, he got the package early in the day and waited until I got home from work so I could 'be' there when he opened it.  What will power he has for I'd have ripped into that package hours earlier!  There was some limitation on what we could do.  Ste could either video and let me watch as he opened or we could talk and he could tape without me seeing.  I wanted to talk, so that is what we did.  That should explain some of the comments made regarding what he is actually doing.  The tape was actually much longer but YouTube has limitations as well, so he had to edit a bit to get it small enough to upload.  I sound horrible, but it was such fun.  Even as I watch it, over and over again, I still crack up.  I will treasure this always Ste!!  Love you babes!

 

The package was to be a surprise, tho Mum knew.  I had sent the package using the US Postal Service.  Big MISTAKE!!!  They told me it would be there within 4-10 days.  I knew Ste would tell me immediately that he got it, and when the days went by I got concerned.  Nothing... natta!!  I called the post office and it was a joke to say the least.  They had no idea and wouldn't even look until it had been 10 business days.  So on the 10th 'business day' I talked to Pat  and we made arrangements for her to contact me during the following day if he hadn't gotten it.  We both knew he'd call and tell her as well.  This would assure that I could call, set up a track on it, and bitch before they closed.  Well later that same evening while talking to Ste he made a comment about getting a letter a few days earlier stating they tried to deliver a parcel.   The next day he got one so he thought it was the one they left a note about.  Then a couple days later, another note.  I knew what it was so I told him I had sent something little just to be silly.  So he didn't really spoil anything, I'm just thrilled the package got there. 

 

Ste and I talk a bit.  LOL, ok so a lot.  We've talk about everything, including local customs etc.  So what I sent was just a bit of 'my home.'  Nothing big, nothing extravagant.  It actually all started with the celebration chat.  Robin (robinngabster)  had asked him about Underoos and he had no clue.  The conversation went in all different directions, including me teasing about sending him some and he could wear them on his head and sing YMCA.   (though I wanted him to sing his version!)  It went from there, tidbits bought, packaged and sent.   So there you have it... a little bit of our silliness and friendship.

 

 
          

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

This gives a whole new meaning to  R.O.F.L.M.A.O   :)

I loved it!

Vivian

Anonymous said...

Girl!  I cannot belive you sent him under-roos!!!   That is great!   What a sweet friend you are..chocolate, mustard, hot wing sauce and undies!   Very cute video...hope he is feeling better.

Robin

Anonymous said...

I loved the video. He looked so happy to receive such wonderful gifts. You are truely a remarkable woman for doing such a nice wonderful thing for him. And I do believe he loved those chocolates, lol. You may have to send him some more, lol. Oh but they looked sooooooooo good. What a nice surprise. (((hugs))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

that was great, I love his accent, he is a good guy I can tell.
I hope he feels better..

Anonymous said...

That was too cute.... He was a really good sport!

Anonymous said...

OMG, how cute is he?!

That video is so awesome, thanks for sharing it with us!

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

You outdid yourself on that gift....lots of goodies and good laughs.  Darling video too, such fun to watch.  Thanks for sharing.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Oh Donna that was great thankyou so much for sharing ,Ido hope he feels better soon ,lovely to hear your voice too,and yes I would have been tempted to have a peep too! ,.,,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

That was a great video, laughed loudly at all that banter. You're great, thanks x

Anonymous said...

Oh too funny!  So glad you both enjoyed the 'making of'!  I certainly did!

Anonymous said...

aww that was brilliant well done all round peeps xxzoexx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/DomesticAbuse/

Anonymous said...

Loved that video ~ nice to be able to hear you ~ thanks for sharing it both of you ~ I hope Stevie will be feeling better soon ~ he has become quite a big part of our lives ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

i loved the video but there is no sound!! UGH. I swear to God i live Murphys Law.
I hope he feels better soon!!
hugs, lisa

Anonymous said...

OMG, that was hysterical!!!!!!  Your laugh had me laughing over here and the kids came down to see what was so funny!!  Emma asked me "Who is the guy talking funny?".  LOL!  You are such a wonderful person for sending Ste that package!  What a great relationship you both have.  To watch how he savored each and every thing in that box made me smile from ear to ear!  I think we should all send him a package from our little corner of the world.  Thank you so much to the both of you for sharing!  Only Ste could make Spiderman Underoos look GOOD!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

LOL Stevie is something else.
We should all send him crazy stuff from the USA
We should get on your mailing list too!!! Great stuff you sent him.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Donna
This was fun to watch and a very nice thing for you to do for Stevie.  I love seeing J-Landers interacting like this.  Now, get yourself a WebCam so we can see more, LOL!
Sam

Anonymous said...

That is so cute Donna!  I just love it! : )  Ok, going to bed now!  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

So cute, D...the underoos were a hoot.  Praying that Ste recuperates and feels better soon.  HUGS  chris

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet of you to send him the package and the video was funny :-)

Jen xx

Anonymous said...

h