Friday, September 15, 2006

Helluva Week

Thank God it is Friday!  I've had one helluva week.  The emotional drain from Monday and all the 2996 entries carried through the entire week.  Along with so much drama and bullshit at work, the week couldn't end quick enough!  I really can't go into details here, as co-workers do read and I am not going there!  Lets just say it HAS to get better, right?  Thirteen years there and I will not let this crap turn me sour.  Not if I can help it!  Hopefully Monday will start with the sun shining and the new week will shine bright.  Thought this graphic was soothing and it surely calmed my frazzled nerves.

 

No word on the strike at my son's job.  Still rumbles and rumors.  Typical contradictions in cases like this.  He'll just have to wait it out, and save his money!  Christmas is coming and I'm expecting big things.  ROFL!!!!!  Mr. Moneybags    To clarify something I wrote in an earlier entry about our heart to hearts.  It's not that we had a rift between us.  It's just that he is a 20 year old living on his own.  Mom doesn't need to know everything.....   When he was growing we were extremely close.  Then he hit his teen years and that just wasn't cool.  Didn't matter that his friends liked me, he hated it.  Having a close relationship with 'mom' was not cool around his buddies, it was private.  We always joked, poked fun, wrestled (yes even when he was a teen- hell we still do!), and had good talks, no secrets.  It's just now he is at the age where it is back to not being so private with me, if that makes sense. 

 

As you've noticed by my previous entry, Thursday was such a bright spot in the week.  Hell, in my life.  Sounds corny to some of you, I'm sure, but I mean it.  All my interactions with Ste have been extremely special, but this was an experience I will treasure my entire life.  Ste, you rock!  Thanks babes!

 

No major plans for the weekend.  I will be heading downtown tomorrow to the hockey arena.  Oh yes, training camp has started and I am stoked!!  First pre-season game is Monday, seems like forever since I've seen my boys!!   There is an open practice tomorrow morning and they will be unveiling their new logo.  I will be going after the fiasco!  LOL  There have been reports they expect close to 20,000 there.  I'm not sure that will transpire, but since I'm only going to get a new t-shirt I will wait.   The new logo has caused some controversy.  Originally our colors were blue and gold.  Then in the mid 90's they changed it all up, logo and colors to black, red, and white.  Folks wanted blue and gold.  Well, we got blue and gold but there have been major complaints about the logo.  Folks are calling it the slug.  My opinion is, and has been, I don't care what is on the jersey but what is in them.  And I don't mean cute guys,,, but it doesn't hurt :)~   I mean talent!  Anyway, bits and pieces have been leaked but we get to see the uniform in its entirety tomorrow.  I absolutely love the blue and gold and will get over the slug, or  the Barney Rubbles toupee, no doubt.  I never liked the current one... it reminded me of a mad goat head!   Soooooooooo yes I will go and get a t-shirt... or two.  I will wait on a jersey for a bit... I have an original and the goat head, I don't need another just yet. 

 

EDIT:  Someone asked for a picture.  This is what was leaked and on the net.  The blue looks a bit distorted and the pictures are not great but it will give you and idea.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand about the week!! I have had one of those too....Glad it is over.... But I still have to deal with it next week too, unfortunately....:( Tawnya

Anonymous said...

LOL LOL LMAO...Like I said..I believe it is something in the air!!!
Read my journal...
http://journals.aol.com/tendernoggle/HORSESHOEBEND/
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,

Hope things improve at work....at least you have the weekend to rest up, huh?  I LOVE your graphic in this entry...it's beautiful!!  Wish I could be there in it! (ha)

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the weekend is finally here too! Your graphic is so beautiful! You're right about the shirts, doesn't matter what's on them, it's who's in them that counts! Good luck to them this season. Have a great weekend! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Yes Im sure you are pleased to see the end of the week ,though the video,with Stve and his parcel was megga ,thanks again for sharing ,and yes the graphic was relaxing ,lovely ,have a nice weekend ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

This is one week that I'm glad has drifted away ....

Anonymous said...

cool jersey...hope you work week is better next week...love the graphic...take care and have a great weekend...TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

love your graphic!  i can see why you'd pick it after the week you've talked about.  hopefully, things will be better next week.  i like your positive attitude that you won't let these past events sour you!  hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend.
gina

Anonymous said...

yes, the graphic is calming. hope you enjoy your weekend. ((((hugs)))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I love your graphic reminds me very much of England and is very calming.  I too had a  week I would dearly like to forget.  Also my son and I are very close and shared everything as well but lately he is much more closed, although a lot older than your son.  His love in his life is the Buffalo Bills.  He got rained out at work on Wednesday and came home then disappeared, turns out he went over to Buffalo and bought every ticket he could to go to the Bills games.  There are always controversies at work I believe, we had many before I got sick and had to retire, but hopefully for you Monday will bring a better day at work.  Have a good weekend and god bless.  I actually like the new sweater, my friend here says ohhhhhhh, lol.  She used to handle all the NHL shirts for Nike and all the hockey players skates and sticks, but Reebok bought the contract for the shirts now so she does not do that any more.  Take care.

TreesRGreen78

Anonymous said...

Sorry I havent been by in awhile....hope you havent forgotten about me....lol.  Have a great weekend!!!

Liz

Anonymous said...

I had a week from hell too....it continued into this morning...SIGH.

I live in Ohio and my city is getting ready to build a HUGE ice arena where an old huge block long office building was. Most in my city wonder WHY as ice hockey is not huge here but i am excited.
I hope your work troubles diminish. I know how upsetting they can be.
Love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE A HELLUVA A WEEK...LOL...I WILL HAVE A COCKTAIL FOR YOU THIS EVENING IN YOUR HONOR...LOL...HOPE NEXT WEEK IS BETTER 4 U

SMOOCHES,
KISHA
MY BLOG-http://journals.aol.com/dotcomdiva831/SoYouWannaKnowHuh/
MY WEBSITE- WWW.KISHAGREENONLINE.COM

Anonymous said...

hope you had fun this weekend! good luck for "your boys"!
hugs,nat