Friday, September 1, 2006

Emotions

It's been so weird the last few weeks.  My emotions have been on a wild roller coaster ride and I've yet to figure it out.  Not sure if I really want to, and I am not even sure it is a bad thing.  I find myself overwhelmed at times and tears just flow.  Not heavy sobbing tears, just the emotional ones that well up in your eyes and trickle down your cheek.  I've always been the sentimental type and could cry over a silly commercial with kids and animals.  This is almost an extension of that I think, but it's for all different reasons. 

 

You are supposed to cry at weddings, or that's what they say, but I usually don't.  I did this past wedding.  Not sobbing, but I did get all teary eyed as I watched the bride dance with her dad.  Trish is the niece of my brother in law and I barely know her.  It was odd to have that reaction.  I thought it must be because my niece will be married in Feb and I fast forwarded my heart. 

 

I've read journals and had tears flow and some weren't even sad entries.  They just touched me in a way I can't explain.  I've read articles about strangers in the paper and tears flowed.  One comes to mind that I recently read about a local boy who has been signed by the local hockey team.  It was a feel good story about 'local boy makes good' and will be giving it his all to live out his dream, tears flowed.  When JP signed with another team, even though I knew it was going to happen, I cried. 

 

The other night I had a conversation about some things in my past.  Not all bad things, but happy times too.  When I was done I had tears in my eyes.  For no reason.  It didn't hurt to talk about them, it didn't even seem to phase me.  After, I felt overwhelmed, and I can't figure out if it was because I was glad to talk about it or something else.  It was nice sharing the stories, so I don't get it. 

 

It's not about sadness, it is not depression, I couldn't be happier.   I feel as though something was lifted from my soul, my heart to set me free.  A door opened and I walked through it and I now have the ability to let emotions out.  I've never really been a 'cold' person, but this is so different.  I laugh as I cry because I find it humorous that I'm reacting the way I am.  It feels good, feels so right.  Feels so sappy!  LOL

 

Then on the way home from work today I heard a song that I haven't heard in a very long time.  It's always been one that I sang to, off key and all, but today I cried.  A good cry.... and I wonder......

 

 

                  DsDesignsStevieNicks.gif

 


Landslide
(Stevie Nicks)

 

I took my love and I took it down
Climbed a mountain and turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow-covered hills
'Til the landslide brought it down

Oh, mirror in the sky

-What is love?
-Can the child within my heart rise above?
-Can I sail through the changin' ocean tides
-Can I handle the seasons of my life?
I don't know

Well I've been afraid of changin'
Because I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder, even children get older
And I'm getting older too

So, take my love, take it down
Climb a mountain and turn around
And if you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well the landslide will bring it down


And if you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well the landslide will bring itdown
The landslide will bring it down

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Women carry so much weight on their shoulders sometimes we just need a good cry. Do we really have to have a reason? Absolutely not, yet letting the emotions out instead of keeping them in is healthy, I just hope there are more happy tears than sad ones. Sometimes all we can do is cry..... sometimes there just aren't words for the feelings whether happy or sad.
Hope your doing ok, sorry Im so behind on alerts.
~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

I too am a very sentimental person and cry just as you have explained about yourself,I do not know the answer why I do? Most of all when people are kind to me,and when I see children perform in shows etc.Be them funny or sad I still cry.Crying is good let it all out .Take Care.
Astoriasand

Anonymous said...

Dearest Donna,
hugs! we all have these moments (well sensitive people do!)
and you put them in words so well! thank you!
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi, as long as there is no depression you will be ok.I cry a great deal around the time of my monthly, soaps on the tv, kind words in conversations, i cry at the drop of a hat, its good too cry
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Good morning my friend, you are such a delight, one page I am laughing till I almost P myself and the next you have those little quiet tears running down my face ~ I love riding this roller coaster with you.  Never change.  BE HAPPY

Anonymous said...

Mornin' Donna,

Well, I've got to say, I enjoyed your entry.  I love the way you can express yourself so well.  I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one who does this! (ha)  I'm very sensitive and cry easily....sometimes my husband just doesn't know what to do, but guess he's used to it after all these years!  Hope you have a great weekend.  Also, I love all the "pretties"you've been busy making!

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that, Donna - emotions are funny things, and nobody should be ashamed of them

Anonymous said...

Hmm, well, i am truly happy that you feel free and able to express yourself and feel different now!! I mean that. I want to get to that place someday. How awesome to feel HAPPY. Happy is not an easy emotion.
Me? I am so full of rotten sadness and i am so sensitive that i weep all the time and baby, it aint good. LOL
HUGS, XO,
lisa

Anonymous said...

Awwww, bless ya!!

Emotions can be a strange thing. I often become overwhelmed with them!

Great entry, and OMG, 'Landslide' is a song that I was practising earlier this year!!!!  lol!

Lv Stevie
xxx

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with shedding a few tears, we all do it at some time. It's a way of releasing emotion, my cats do it all the time!! I've never cried at weddings either! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I was organizing my classroom this afternoon, pulling things out of the boxes and crates and placing them into closets, on shelves, in cabinets... this is day 2 of my moving into my classroom... and as I emptied one small box, out fell three little paper squares. I picked them up. They were photos of three of my former students. As I set them up on a shelf, I burst into tears of sadness, for I had left them to come to this new school. They were huggers, these three, and I missed them so much. No one knows me yet here at the new school, none of the kids have grown fond of me yet, none have bonded with me yet. It's been a week of trying to establish rapport with them, to win their trust, to gain their confidence. I had forgotten how hard that could be when you are the stranger in their world. Anyway, I understand the tears, and it's good that you can let them fall freely like that. Especially when it's over a good feeling... it shows sincerity. It comes from the heart, and that is a good place to come from! It's good to show it to others. It endears you to them. bea