Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thinking...... thinking some more...

                         DsDesignsWaiting-1.gif


The week pretty much went by without incident.  A little drama here and a little drama there...  Work was busy but nothing out of the ordinary.  Today was a long day though!

It was raining when I go up and it is still raining now.  Coming down in buckets at times and others just a steady fall.  I actually had to pick up my sister on the way home from work tonight and since she needed an extra 1/2, I just rearranged my schedule and went in a bit late.  Stopped at the Post Office on the way and when I got out of the car I immediately cursed.  I didn't look where I parked and as I stepped out, I promptly landed in a puddle.  Great, a hot foot on the way to work!  I was successful in getting my package sent though, so that's good :)

 

That slight change in hours about killed me.  What a difference a half hour at the end of the day makes.  I suppose the picking my sister and getting her home didn't help as that added on to the end of the day and I didn't get home until almost 6.  Arggghhh  By the time I got home I didn't feel like eating.  Well, I felt like eating but I didn't feel like making anything.  The day had taken it's toll and I was exhausted.  Surely the dark gloom didn't help either.  We ended up doing soup for dinner.  It took the chill off the inside but made me shiver as I was eating it.  Very odd experience!

 

After dinner I was sitting minding my own business when the phone rang.  Must have been really concentrating on the graphic as I jumped about 5 feet off the chair.  It was my nephew calling for a ride.  My sister got her coat and went out the door.  Not two seconds later the phone rang again.  I jumped again thinking it was my nephew calling to tell his mother never mind he found a ride.  I said hello and there was silence.  Well, somewhat silence, I knew someone was there.  Thought to myself, great a telemarketer and was about to hang up when I heard, 'Donna?'  It was my turn to get silent. I knew the voice.  It was a bit softer then I remembered, but I knew it.  I replied with a yes and tried to keep my emotions in check.  It was not a voice I thought I'd hear again so soon.  I normally don't get scared or nervous over interaction with folks, but today I did.  The palms of my hands got sweaty and I swear I heard my heart as it started beating faster and faster.  I even started to shake slightly.  I don't even recall the beginning of the conversation. 

 

When we turned and walked away from each other a couple of weeks ago I thought it would be another twenty years, not less then fifteen days.  After what I assume where pleasantries (I swear I can't even remember) he went on to say how good it was to see me.  How he often wondered, thought, wished, missed.  My head started to spin, I actually felt hot, like I was going to pass out.  He asked if I was mad that called.   I wasn't sure how to answer that.  Mad?  No, not really we shared so much together.  I just didn't know what to say.  I mean he obviously thought about calling for the past two weeks so he had a chance to think things through.  What to say, what not to say.  I was caught completely off guard, and believe it or not speechless! 

 

Even as I sit here I'm at a loss.  What the hell!?!  As we ended the call he asked if he could call this weekend and maybe do something.  Take a ride, get a cup of coffee, just talk for a bit and caught up on our lives.  I thought the best possible answer would be no I didn't think it a good idea, but before I knew it I said sure.  Now I'm not getting a head of myself, or reading anything into it, but damn... twenty years!!!  We'll see what happens if he calls.  I'm thinking I will probably back out.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...sorry I haven't been keeping up...Who is this guy?
~*~Carolyn~*~

Anonymous said...

I think that maybe you should go and see what he has to say. Couldn't hurt right? He might surprise you. Never know. Tawnya

Anonymous said...

Hey, give him a chance... you never know, he might be the person you didn't even know you were looking for <g>. That's usually howit happens. If you TRY to find someone it never works. But when you AREN'T trying the right person sometimes falls right in your lap <LOL>

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

A blast from your past, huh?  I always love to see them. To catch up.  I think you ought to go and just see what he has to say.  Why not?  
And if you do....we want DETAILS!! EVERY DETAIL DONNA!!!  
Ok Ok....YES I am nosy! LOL!
All kidding aside....I think it's good to see some people from the past.  Especially if he's still got that much of a hold on you to cause that kind of physical reaction.  Hmmmmm....
Pam

Anonymous said...

Oh go out. Wax his eyebrows. Open some buttons with your teeth ;']  Oh wait. That is me. Nevermind. :'} ~Mary

Anonymous said...

WOW...That must've been weird...I can kinda understand after MY call the other day, but it's only 5 years since I saw him last..NOT 20!!

Follow your heart hun. I say, at least meet up and see if he's changed. Time does funny things to us.

You never know, you might even end up back in a broom cupboard..;-)

Good luck...lv ya,

Stevie
xxxx

Anonymous said...

It can't hurt to meet up aand catch up Donna can it? Go on, give him a chance, poor guy's obviously got some spark left there for you! Maybe when you do catch up you'll realise you've both become different people to what you were but if you don't go then you won't ever find out. Don't spend the rest of your days regretting it, give it a chance! We won't let you back out of this one!! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Better to go and regret it rather than regret not going for years after.Although you can't turn the clock back and both of you are different now just enjoy the moment. Pat.

Anonymous said...

Like everyone else I think you should go , What a shock getting his call after two weeks ,proves he's been thinking of you ,take things nice and slowly ,nice to have a male friend ,think of it that way ,go ,enjoy ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Follow your heart Donna

Anonymous said...

I'm like you after a long days work...who feels like cooking...UGH!  I think you should go and see what he has to say Donna....i'm kinda lost though...forgive me...is this your ex hubby...?  Like another commenter said...follow your heart.
Hope you have a great weekend
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

oh my.
I am not a good person to answer this because it takes everything i have to not go to Allen, the one that got away for me, even to this day and i know better. But i am ruled by my heart but any sense. I say go for it unless you can be hurt badly. I dont want you hurt badly.
love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

I think it's a good idea to go.  What do you have to lose?  Unless this is an old flame..an ex hubby...and if you feel that you may get hurt along the way, then it's not worth it.  But if you are over all that, then what's a day out for coffee?

Go with your gut!

hugs
Dana

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Ohhh D I think it is kismet!!!
HUGS
Connie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I think that's wonderful! Hope the meeting goes well.
Lori
http://beta.journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages/