Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Yeouzer!

I can't believe it is Tuesday already!  Not that the days have been flying by or anything it just seems odd.  I feel like I missed a good portion of Sunday and Monday.  I went around reading a lot of the 2996 entries and I have to say it was emotionally draining.  All the memories came flooding back, and I felt like I was on a roller coaster.  The ups and downs of emotions, tears and laughter.  I had to take a break as my head nor heart could take any more.  I will go back and read more later.

 

I've commented a little about the specials that have aired regarding 9-11 and will probably get into it in another entry down the road.  It's not bad, but it gave me a different perspective, that of the children of the victims.  I swear cutting my heart with a spoon would have been less painful.  It must be so hard for them to deal with the grieving in such a public forum. 

 

Thank you all who stopped by and commented on my entry, I appreciate it.  I also appreciate the fact that so many got involved in the project.  I want to give a proper shout out to Ste for doing the audio of Amazing Grace for me.  I am so honored that he accepted my request and sang his heart out for the entry.  I will leave the song up a couple more days, but will eventually take it down.  Not because I don't love it, I do.  Ste.. you did an amazing job!  I just think it's a bit emotional to have on this journal.   Maybe I can get him to sing something else for me to put up, eh?  Whatcha think?  Should I beg?  Should I whine?  Bribe him?  Pay him?  I'd try fluttering my eye lashes while looking at him with puppy dog eyes, but... well... I don't think that would work.  But... but.... I may just know of someone that could do that and have it work!!  ::wink:: ROFL  Love you babes, you know it!!!

 

My son Steve and I have been having some good heart to heart chats.  He's growing up and feeling more at ease giving Mom his personal business.  I like it!  One thing we've talked about recently is the possibility of a strike.  He only just started that job in March and he loves it.  At this point he has no choice but to join the ranks of the Union.  He can't cross the picket line and really can't afford to be without a paycheck.  They have been working on a day to day contract and it is looking more and more like a strike is imminent.  They will get 48 or 72 hours notice, and apparently this has happened in the past and the strike never took place.  Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer.  I'd appreciate it.

 

Ok, for those of you that read Ste's journal.   The Donna he references is not me.  I am so touched by the comments and emails and do so appreciate it, but I am fine.  The comment from my username that was signed Karen was me, not my sister.  It's an inside joke between he and I.  I know he never thought we'd be confused nor did I.  I'm sorry for the distress, but again, I am fine.  It is no laughing matter but I will admit I chuckled and got teary eyed over the outpouring of concern.  Thank you!  Please keep Donna in your thoughts and prayers, she no doubt has a wave of emotions going through her right now.

 

:::sigh::: well I've written enough for tonight.  I hope everyone is well. 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just couldn't bring myself to read a lot of the 911 stuff....so i understand where you're coming from.  good luck to son re his job...that has to be tough!
http://journals.aol.com/rbrown6172/Ginasspace/
gina

Anonymous said...

Bless ya!! Thanks a lot hun, and yeah people, sorry for the confusion.

Donna, of course I'll do you another song..I LOVE SINGING..or at least TRYING to sing..LMAO!!!

I'm glad you and Steve can have heart to hearts....you're such a great family!

Lots of love,

Stevie
xxxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Yes I think all our hearts have been heavy this last few days.Lots of us with lots to catch up on here in the UK.The responce was fantastic and enties were just so heart rendering I too felt emotionally drained.Hope your sons job is safe Take Care
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Got my prayers out and fingers crossed.We went through strikes and lock outs when my hubby worked in a steel mill,raising three kids.It made it rough.
Hugs to you both

connie

Anonymous said...

When I read Stevie J's. i knew it wasn't you and thank goodness. This pass weekend has been strange. Looking forward to see what song you put up next. Have a good one.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

i dont know what you are refering to with Ste...but whatever it was i am glad you are ok.
I am also glad your son and you are so close....that shows you were a good mom as he grew up.....i do hope he does not have to strike.
HUGS, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was one of those, huh? (ha)  So glad when you let me know you were okay!  Having a close relationship with your children is one of life's real blessings....I read many tributes and also watched TV shows about 9/11....I was emotionally drained by night time.  So sad, and so horrific.  I also had such a feeling of impending "doom"....my BIL works for the gov. homeland security....anyway, I was glad for the day to be overwith.  Can't wait to hear what Ste sings for you next!!

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

hugs Donna! I wish you some great days coming up!
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

The tributes were truly amazing werent they ?yes I agree they did get too you didnt they ?I found my entry drained me in a way I wasnt prepared for ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,
I also thought that everyone did a brilliant job with all the tributes, glad to read that you and steve are getting along great now, and hope that they dont strike,
Love the graphic that you have done for this
take care Lynne xx