Saturday, September 30, 2006

Saturday Morning/Afternoon

Another graphic I had done awhile back and thought it fit this morning.  Not the saying really, but more the 'look'.  At the moment it is not raining, but it has been for the past few days.  They are calling for 'lake effect' rain the entire weekend.  Grrr  well at least it isn't lake effect snow!  For those of you not familiar with the term, it basically is the effect of cold air passing over the warmer water.  Where the moisture lands is anyone's guess, depending on winds etc.  Usually lake effect is hard and furious. 

 

It is pretty chilly here this morning.  My hands are like ice and I will not turn on the heat, it's still September and I refuse!  I will add sweatshirts, socks, blankets, but no heat, not yet!  Looking out my back window it looks pretty gloomy.  Dark skies with gray clouds scattered about.  The mixture of colors in the trees, which aren't bright today as there is no sun.  Some trees already exposing their bare branches.  Leaves that have already fallen are scattered amongst the deep green grass, each dancing to it's own tune as the wind blows.  The sound of ducks and geese as they make their way south.  Why am I thinking of turkey?  LOL

 

I got some interesting news while at work yesterday.  I was talking to my Mom when she informed me my brother had a broken jaw.  I rolled my eyes and cussed under my breath, for I knew we'd never really get the true story about what happened.  His version is he tried to break up a fight and someone came up from behind him and sucker punched him.  Either way the truth of the matter is his mouth is wired shut and will be for 4-6 weeks.  I am not talking little wires holding things together, I am talking lots of silver in his mouth.  His teeth are bonded together with what looks like silver caps.  Who is the guy from James Bond? Jaws? 

 

                          DsDesignsJaws.jpg

 


Yeah, a little like that, but he can't open it at all.  Not even a bit.  He can barely talk, and anything that goes in his mouth has to go down.  No solid foods, no brushing teeth.  Natta!  The break is actually below the hinge and may have done nerve damage too.  He won't know for sure until he starts to heal, but as it stands now the left side of his chin and jaw line has pins and needles as though Novocain is wearing off.  Mom was a bit upset and was telling me he had nothing to eat and only milkshakes to drink since Thursday.  So I promised her I would stop at the drug store on the way home and pick up some Ensure, Boost, Gator Aide, something to get nutrients in him.  If anyone out there can think of anything else for him to drink that would/could help, let me know.  I don't always get along with my brother, which could be a gazillion entries in itself, but I do feel bad.  He generally has only bad luck, usually brought on by himself, but this truly sucks.  He just started a new job and now has to take time off, can you say 'goodbye'?  With any luck the wires and metal will be taken off by Thanksgiving.  So if you could find it in your heart to say a little prayer for him I'd appreciate it. 

 

Have a few things to do around the house, and laundry will probably take me all day.  LOL  My room has been taken over by the dirty clothes.  Some how I have more of son's clothes in there then I did when he lived here.  How is that?  ROFL!!  For those of you curious, no call yet.  LOL  nor have I made a decision.  :)~

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the graphic and also the poem, you know I have to snag. Sorry about your brother, I do not know suggest for him to eat because you have very different things over there.

Anonymous said...

Love the graphic. I love the rain. It's pretty much the only thing I can do good where water is concerned, lol. Wish I could get those rolling water effects that you get in your other graphics :o(
That stinks about your brother. Me and mine are the same way but I love him regardless of his terrible life choices. Maybe try some smoothies, those are packed with vitamins. Chicken broth, pudding or yogart for the sweet tooth.....those are a little thicker, but they are do-able. I'll keep him in my prayers, hope all turns out well and he heals quickly with no further reprocussions.
(((Big Hugs)))
Angel

Anonymous said...

I would have suggested Ensure but see you have added that ,poor fellow ,We have had rain here too ,and yes its turned alot cooler ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

ovaltine is good also, drank it when i was going through cancer treatments, and having teeth pulled. (((hugs)))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

also try broths with noodles (small) and try mashed potatoes. when i worked at the nursing home they would puree food so some of the residents could eat it. i think you can puree any food. when the kids were babies i got a baby food grinder (like a ricer) and they would eat what we ate. hope this helps. Try and have a good weekend

Deb

Anonymous said...

If he has a juicer he could get fresh fruit and vegetables, there's no better vitamins or minerals about than fresh ones out of fruit and veg. I'm hooked on pineapple, mango and banana made in mine! I hope he gets better soon and keeps the job. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Keeping your brother in my prayers!
Love the tag above..snaggable..?? It's a must have ya know..hehe   No decision yet ehh..?  
<<tick tock tick tock>>...haha j/k
Have a great weekend
Hugss.~Terri~

Anonymous said...

when my Mom's jaw was wired shut (auto accident) in the mid70's she put a lot of stuff in a blender. She did a lot of Smoothies (before we called them that <LOL>), and even did watermelon, which she loves. Basically a blender and a juicer are probably the best bets.
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Donna
I'm so sorry to hear about your brother.  Yes, I'll be glad to say a little prayer for him.  You have some good ideas for nourishment in the previous comments.  Sorry it has turned so cold up your way so early this year.  You may want to rethink your decision not to turn on the heat, LOL.  Still in shorts down here in Savannah!  ;)~  Yes, I was one of the curious ones.  You never know, the weekend isn't over yet!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh that has to be awful.Lots of prayers and Hugs for him .You take care ...
P.S.Hope you meet with your old beau....

~connie~

Anonymous said...

It is still 85 here in good ol' Fla...My favorite time is coming, and that is winter, when it is 70 in December and we go to the beach...Hey you Northerners get to be happy in Summer so now it is our time!

That does suck about your brother...maybe he could suck down baby food?  Just a guess...

Anonymous said...

your brother is not bad looking! Sorry to hear he got himself in this pickle...you are a great sister to go help out, you know. LOVE the graphic....your work is amazing. Cold and raining here, ugh. Makes a person want to sleep!
love, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Wow..sorry to hear about your brother...I am going to see the Rolling Stones tomorrow night and it is an out side concert...Luck for me the weather is to be around 69 for the low...I am so glad..it hurts to be cold...and the sun will be shining...that is soooo awesome!!  Not bragging just happy cause I paid some much to go...Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h