Tuesday, September 18, 2007

~ 7 Minute Robbery ~

    DsDesignsRobbed.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


Depending on what report you might read, it could have been as long as 20 minutes.  Yeap, at 7 minutes after 10 this morning all ticket outlets were reporting no tickets for the Ice Bowl.  Seven freakin minutes and 74,000 tickets gone.  So those of you that thought it was nuts to sit outside in Buffalo in January, think again.  Don't always believe what the media says about our weather, last year it was in the 60's during the month.

 

So......... with that said I was robbed.  I did not get tickets.  I am currently on a waiting list for the several thousand that they are holding for season ticket holders, but I am not optimistic about getting any.  Totally bummed.  I'd like to say I'm proud that the city of Buffalo came thru and bought them all up but I can't, not yet.  Though I know that stadium will be full.  The team owner is not really putting this on, the league is.  So I'm thinking Gary Bettman has screwed this city once again.  He was more concerned over the publicity for the league, and did not put a cap on the number of tickets available.  Go to any ticket broker on the net and you will see who got most of them, and of course selling them at a profit.  Tickets originally sold for $39 are now being sold for $250.  In the upper deck no less.  I don't think so!!  It's being said during the sale they realized what was happening and put a cap on the number, and it's said the most bought together were 34, but I'm not sure if I believe that.  I can't imagine the tickets will go at that price and there is a chance something might open up later......  The good and bad about the internet. 

 

This is good for the sport and great for the city.  I'm looking forward to it, but I was a bit bummed.  Well, a lot bummed!!   That was 'til late in the afternoon when I was handed an envelope.  In the envelope was a check for $100.  Yeah Baby!!!  Someone I referred to join me in my fake job has been there over 60 days and the company had implemented a referral program just prior.  So I got credit.  Now my niece starts part time tomorrow so if she stays for 60 days I get another $50.  I'll take it!  I guess I will go shop and drown my sorrows.  LMAO  And no that had nothing to do with the meeting with the VP.. this was a surprise.

 

Hope everyone had a good day!

 

Hugs

~d

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Donnia I am sorry you did not get a ticket ..but will hope you do get one on the waiting list ...you are their diehard fan!!

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

ok, just because 74,000 people were stupid enough to buy tickets....doesn't mean it's still not nuts!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,

I'm so sorry about this.....hope something comes through so you can get tickets.  Keep referring people and you could get season tickets? (ha)

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Damn!  You WERE robbed.  Elvis didn't even sell out that quick!  I love your little skull backgroud on your graphic though.  

Anonymous said...

sorry!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Donna! I still hope you'll be able to get a ticket somehow.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

sorry you didnt get your ticket :(
but hey the money is nice i'd go shopping too
i really need to get a job :(
sigh
ttyl
hagn
emily

Anonymous said...

Awwwww Donna, sorry you did'nt get the ticket, have fun shopping, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

wtg donna on fake references lol

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Yes, it sounds like there is something fishy there.... Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh!  That's not fair!  I sympathise with you and wish it could be different.  
I feel let down now too, as I was looking forward to reading and seeing what you though of it once you had been.  I love your commentaries.  They are so brilliantly written.
Well...I hope they televise it.  Then I'm sure you will crack on and let us know the real life ins and outs of the match.

Oh heck!  I'm so sorry you have been disappointed like this.  Maybe..just maybe..you will be on the list of those given a ticket?

(((hugs)))) and commiserations.  <sigh>


Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Something is just not right...I agree, you were robbed...hope you have a great midweek...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Well congrats on your good fortune, but don't get me started on tickets for ANY event.  Grrrrrrrr

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about you not getting tickets....that really sucks the big one......
HOWEVER congrats on the extra money---now that is a great surprise.....I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you do get tickets...you just never know.
take care
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

Shopping cures all. Sorry to hear you didnt get the tickets. Fat chance they any cheaper around here. check craigslist? Have fun shoppin

Anonymous said...

congrats on that $100! You go, girl. Maybe you'll get a hockey miracle and a seat will become available for a price you like!! love that tag!
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

I know you were looking forward to the Ice Bowl - Sorry it didn't happend for you today, but you never know what the future holds - Congratulations on the surprise envelope and what was waiting for you inside. Take care with hopes the rest of your day becomes brighter. Take care,
Katie

Anonymous said...

oh man, i am so sorry you didn't get a ticket. that sucks. ((((((((hugs)))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

That sucks Donna...wish you had gotten a ticket.

Thats great about the extra $100....go spoil yourself =)

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

couldn't you have bought them online or at a ticketron?
I figure that is how they get sold out so quick.
Connie

Anonymous said...

That happens to us with concert tickets too.  Everybody hogs them up them sells them on e-bay for 10 times their value.  It's sickening.  

I hope you eventually get seats!!

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

So sorry  you didn't get your tickets.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you didn't get your tickets Donna, that happens all the time over here. I'm glad you got your niece a fake job with you! Have fun spending the money! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

When I went to work on the day the Sabers Tickets went on sale, we had a guy come into our store in the afternoon to buy some tickets. Either the games were totally sold out, or you couldn't get more than one seat together in a certain section, because the tickets went on sale there at 8am I think. I heard that a few people waiting at our store only got what they wanted. What makes things worse is that Tickets.com starts selling tickets online before we actually can make a sell. Then there are those people who are waiting in line at the box office. So getting tickets is next to impossible. I don't remember Sabers tickets being sold out for nearly every game before.

Anonymous said...

WOW............. and i thought ickets went fast over here...lol

Sorry to hear you couldn't get a ticket D.
but
Congrats on the bonus :o))

Jayne