Saturday, September 29, 2007

~ Work or Pleasure ~

DsDesignsBuffaloBills.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


Good Morning!  I can't put into words just how glad I am this week is over.  It hung on like a spider to it's web.  Spinning out of control and weaving a mess of bad news and exhaustion.  It's time to step back and take a breath, try and get back a positive outlook.  Your support, good words, prayers, and private emails have lifted my spirits beyond belief.  Thank you!

 

I'm much better.  I am not sure what kicked my ass more.  The infection, the antibiotics, or the news.  All I know is I wasn't myself all week.  The other day driving into work I was minding my own business on the route I have taken for 15 years.  Yeah, I've been fabricating the job that long.  LMAO!!!  The red lights on the street I was on are timed.  I headed down the road and before I knew it I heard tires squealing.  In the intersection I realized I just ran a red light.  I don't mean a yellow that turned, I mean a red light!  No accident but I started to shake.  What the hell was I thinking?   What was I doing?  Where the hell was I?  I got to work and sat in the parking lot thinking I had to pull things together before I completely lost it.  I cried.  I took a deep breath and told myself this was doing no one any good.  Positive thoughts!!  My sister was told on Tuesday that she has pneumonia, she needs a break from chemo so things could clear up.  Then the bomb was dropped.  Her scan from the week earlier showed things are not improving but growing.  When she goes back on her treatments they will be changing her 'chemo cocktail'.  If I could will it to work I would.. I'm trying.  It is draining to say the least.  She's a trooper and fighting.  I talked to her again yesterday and she sounded better.  Can I have my sister back?  Completely back?

 

This weekend is going to be busy.  Work or pleasure?  I'm not sure.  LOL  A client of mine will be arriving in town later this afternoon.  Her husband and son.  We will go out to dinner for Italian.  YUM!   Maybe a few drinks and call it a night.  Should be a blast.  I've worked with her for years and have spent time with both her and her husband in the past.  Over the years we've become great friends.  This will be the first time meeting her son.  He was in the service and did several tours in Iraq and overseas.  Tomorrow we will be using the company club seats and going to the football game.  Bills vs Jets.  Work or pleasure?  LOL  If anyone knows football or has been paying attention, my Bills are in a state.  Eleven starters are out.  We are playing back ups, to back ups, to back ups.  You almost have to feel sorry for them.  No team can overcome injuries like that, but as fans we hope.  The day is suppose to be a gorgeous fall day.  Blue sky, sun, and temps in the mid 70's.  I hope so.  If today is a sign, the weathermen are right :)  I know being with my friends will be a blast, but the game seems to be out of reach.   Hoping they can at least keep it close.   I will take my camera, of course, we'll see how the shots come out.  So though it is work related it will be pleasure.  :)

 

Last night the boys played another preseason game.  They traveled to Pittsburgh to play the 'Guins.  Aaah the proclaimed God of hockey, Sidney Crosby.  He's a great player and I agree, but watching some of the game on the net was a little disturbing.  The league markets him and really goes out of their way to give him an extra advantage.  It may sound like sour grapes, but I swear it's true.  The officials have put him in a bubble and if anyone even goes near it a penalty is called.  GRRRRRRRR  In spite of it all the boys came out on top.  Once again Derek Roy played like a wild man, getting one assist and two goals.  One of those goals was with 28 seconds left in the game giving the boys a lead of 6-5.  The 'guins did not give up.  They swarmed the net and actually put the puck in the basket, but fortunately for us it was after time ran out and the gamewas over.  Final score Sabres 6, 'Guins 5.  The two match up again tonight here in Buffalo.  It will be the last preseason game...  and the real season begins on Friday.  YEAH BABY!!

 

I do hope everyone is having a fabulous day so far and I wish you a magical weekend. 

 

Hugs

~d


 

PS...  Trees... Charles... feel free to snag the Bills graphic.  :)  Hell anyone who wants it can snag it... just know you two :::grin:::

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling better! :)
Have had you in my prayers, have your dear sister in my Prayer Box to be prayed over morn & eve. Also light candles for her. Just wanted you to know she is not & will not be forgotten. {{{}}}
Hope the weekend goes smoothly (have a nice dinner out with friends).
Huggles,
Sug

Anonymous said...

Donna.
I can feel your sadness as you talk about your sister. I have been through what you have been through..it wasn't my sister but a friend who was like my sister...
It is so hard, frustrating, I wanted to scream and yell and cry ... I didn't understand it....I just wantedit back to the way things were...
She<your sister> has been a constant in your life... you love her like noone can..
you question your life and everything...
keep feeling each and every feeling.. do not hold it inside it will eat you up...let it out so you can be present for you sister....
This probable doesnt help...sending prayer your way
Donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

Donna....You and your sister are in my prayers. I will also send you some good vibes! My heart just goes out to you and your sister. I hope so much, that you have a great day today! Many hugs to you my friend.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am happy to read you are feeling much better Donna,your sis is still in my prayers and always will be.I am sorry but i tried three times just now to place this comment.I am having probs with my pooter myself just now,and I too will be happy when this week is out.Please Take Care God Bless have a nice week/end yourself .Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLRHYMES

Anonymous said...

it has been a terrible week for you!  and that driving thing is scary! any chance of you taking some time to yourself this weekend?

Tina

Anonymous said...

Dear Donna,

I have lit another candle for your darling sister. I hope her antibiotics clear up her infection soon and then she can get back to fighting her cancer.  Your mind is naturally in a whirl when you have so much going on in there.  It's such a worrying and stressful time for you all at the moment.  I so wish I could magic it all away for you and bring back everything as it once was.
Enjoy your evening out with your friends.  You need to switch off and change your mindset for a little while at least.
I worry about you and hope you keep recovering from your illness too.
Have a good weekend and come back refreshed and a little bit more settled..please?  <smile>
Big Hug my friend

Jeanie  xxx

Anonymous said...

Donna, glad you are feeling better, sending up prayers for your sister, enjoy your weekend, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Take it easy, Donna, is all I can say. Sit back, take stock, the works. You had a lucky escape there. Your sister remains in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I agree.....I'm glad this week is over too!  I've had a bad week but nothing like yours.  I'll go light another candle for your sister.  Gald your are feeling better but sorry to hear about your sister.  My prayers go out to you and your family.
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the news on your sister. Will keep her in my prayers.
Hugs..Pam xoxox

Anonymous said...

Donna  ...your sister is included in my prayers .....prayers do work.  Have fun at the football game.

Big hugs sent to you

Mari

Anonymous said...

Hi sweety, *hugs* aww god bless ur heart. That must have been so scary running thru the red light like that :( Im glad ur ok though thats what matters,. Hun dont be so hard on urself. I know u try to be so strong for ur sis, family, friend but sometimes we all need a good vent and cry. Im very sorry about ur sister. I have been praying for her daily and im just at a loss of words of what to say about her news. Ur right though being positive, optimsitic will help, have ur faith, never lose sight on that ok? Ur sister is a fighter she will get thru this. Im praying so hard for her and will light a candle for her. It sounds like ur going to have a great weekend too. Wow having italian with good friends, seeing a football game fun times. Sounds definetly more exciting then my weekend haa, lol. have a blast hun. Look fwd to hearing about it. Im glad ur boys came out on top at the game thats great news hun. Anyway hun, take care. Have a good weekend and ttys! Love, Leslie

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh so now we are the Guins' LOL. Hey that boy has one cute smile. and we need protected from your guys LOL.

Anonymous said...

(((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))Have a nice day and its a nice onne to.

Anonymous said...

I am really glad you weren't hurt, I think sometimes we all get lost in thought while driving.  I lit a candle for your sister, sending prayers to you both.  I think it is great you are working so hard to keep positive thoughts, sometimes that is the hardest thing to do.  Enjoy your weekend!!

Hugs,
Veronica
Scoobyness@Aol.Com

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Oh Donna I am so sorry about the news on your sister no wonder you are having trouble focusing. I sincerely wish and hope that her condition improves please send her my best wishes. I know only too well the pain of watching a loved one suffer and not being able to do something about it, you amaze me with your strength. Take care
Love
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your sister.  Perhaps the new cocktail will work and start to kick butt.  Prayers & hugs to you.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Donna,  I am praying for you and your sister.  I went and lit a candle for her.  I hope your feeling better.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh babe.  I'm so sorry to hear your sister's therapy has been ineffective thus far.  :(

I will definitely keep the two of you in my thoughts.  

I think this past week must have been jinxed...truly.  It was one of the longest weeks of my life.  

Let's put our chins up and march forward.  We're tough.  We can do it. :)

Love ya,
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

i pray for your sister and YOU every day......there is hope, always hope!! Cute tag of your team up above.....i root for the Cleveland Browns and they SUCK...always suck.....but again, i can hope! I hope next week brings blessings and laughter to you every day.
love you
lj

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time at the game tomorrow... a great way to see the game in the box and have a mix of personal enjoyment with the business... that is good.

Look at Kim... on her third chemo cocktail and still fighting.  Your sis is a warrior and so are you... and so are we, so candles lit, prayers said, your tears are shed and now it is fight time, girlfriend!  And, we are here for you to lean on and vent with when you need to do so.

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna!  I know I posted earlier today but I just finished reading your journal and wanted to say a few things.  Yup...started on day one...took most of the day...LoL.  You are just so talented, it was great watching how your graphics have changed over the last two years...all fabulous might I add.  Your great niece & nephew are adorable, I love your pics...your sceneries are amazing.  I don't get snow here in FL so I am living vicariously through your graphics...hehe.  I love PSP...have been a PSP bug for almost 9 years now.  I just can't ever find the time anymore to play.  Enjoyed your bumper sticker greatly...was funny...reminded me of when my daughter was younger...LMBO...long story!!  Last thing, I was a Compuserve Wowie too...loved it...was sad when they closed it down.  Got to go to bed...my eyes are on fire...it is very late...or early depending on how you look at it.  Take care!!

Hugs,
Veronica

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, D, the pressure is really building up for you.  I will definitely light a candle for your sister and continue praying.  I'm glad you're getting out on Sunday.  Sounds like a blast.  Sometimes, I get so lost in thought it's scary.  It doesn't seem to get any easier.  Enjoy the beautiful weather.  LOL at Sidney Crosby.  He sort of takes a seat behind Big Ben here in the Burgh.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Too much thinking will cause us to not be aware of everything going on around us..but you gotta be more careful in the car..We get so used to going the same route that it becomes automatic...
Enjoy the game, enjoy your friends..Keeping you and your sister in my prayers.
Tons of hugs to the both of you!
Sheri

Anonymous said...

I'm praying that your sister will get over the pneumonia so she can get back on course for her chemo. No wonder you can't concentrate on your driving with all this going on. I hope the meeting with your client and her family went well and gave you a much needed break from all you're having to deal with. I hope this next week is better for you. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that your sister much have her chemo upped.  That is when your heart dropped I am sure.  I am going to the site now to light a candle for her.  But be careful when approaching red lights.  I do think that heavy thoughts can be distracting and family members have to be extra careful when one of them is going through trauma or treatment. And I am watching the Cardinals!  Gerry

Anonymous said...

I somehow missed this entry ,I am sorry to hear your sisters news ,I hope she gets better soon ,and  I continue to pray for her ,with my love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h