Thursday, September 27, 2007

~ He's an Animal ~

DsDesignsDerekRoy.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


LOL, ok well know he's not, but last night he played like one.  Like a wild man.  A man on a mission.  In game 4 of the preseason the boys traveled across the bridge their rivals home.  The Toronto Maple Leafs were playing host.  So it's only preseason, who cares?  Apparently these two teams.  LOL  With only a couple preseason games left these guys played for bragging rights.  Both teams had most of their main roster in place.  Well, the Leafs seemed to be carrying more 'regulars', but who is counting?  I am damnit!  LOL  A little over a minute into the game we scored and I think it was just a glimpse of what was going to happen.  By the end of the second period Buffalo was up 2-0 and Derek Roy had assists on both goals.  That in itself is a nice stat.  The second period started and 37 seconds in the boys score again.  Jason Pominville buries it and then less then a minute later Vanek makes it 4-0, Roy assisting again!   A few minutes later there is a scrum, Toronto trying to light a fire under their butts.  While we are up on the power play the coach plays with the line up and puts more forwards out then normal.  It backfires and the Leafs score.  Making the score 4-1.  Ten minutes later, again they score while we are on the power play.  I like the aggressiveness of the coach, but I sure as hell hope he doesn't do that in the real season!  It's nice to have all offense on the ice, but it sure leaves you vulnerable if you make a mistake.  LOL  Before the period can end Derek Roy scores.  What a game he is having.  Four points, and I'm thinking he is an animal.  Period ends 5-2.  Third period, and less then 2 minutes in he scores again.  Holy Shit!  He is on a mission.  He wants more ice time, he has a point to prove.  He is on the way to ending the media frenzy over his new contract in the off season.   Five minutes later he scores again.  A natural hat trick!  Yeah baby!!  A hat trick is when a player scores 3 goals in a game.  When this happens generally the fans will throw their hats on the ice.  A natural hat trick is 3 goals in a row with no scoring in between.  The game wasn't on TV so not sure if any hats flew, but I doubt it we were on enemy ice :)  Way to go Derek a 6 point game and a Sabre win of 7-2.   Two more preseason games and then the real season starts.  A week from tomorrow.  I'm stoked and it can't get here soon enough for me. 


 

It was announced today that Tep was released from the Cleveland Clinic after his heart surgery.  He is stating he wants to come back and is targeting December.  Damn what a love for the game, eh?  Surely he wouldn't be thinking that if the Doctors thought it not a good idea.   Time will tell if he can do it. 

 

On a personal note I want to thank you all for your kind words regarding my last entry.  I'm still in a bit of a fog and trying to understand things, but my mouth is fine and work is fine.  Now if I could just make my sister fine I'd be thrilled.  The good vibes, thoughts, and prayers are so welcome.  I so appreciate the candles being lit as well.  As I read the messages I was brought to tears.  You guys rock.  Kim... thank you so much for including the gal pals.. you have no idea how wonderful that feels.  All these years and they have never let us down.  It brought me back to the day Gage was born they all rallied for him... and still do, they so rock.  You rock my friend!!!   Thanks again folks I so appreciate it.

 

Hugs

~d

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will do what I can for you. Pray and good thoughts always worked for us. No thanks needed your friendship is worth a million. Rest and catch your breath. We are always in the palm of His Hand. Take comfort.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{~D}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Anonymous said...

Glad you are loving your favorite game!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers and good vibes your way.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Sending good thoughts and prayers to you and your family ....what a joy it would be to attend a hockey game with you ....I would probably enjoy watching you more than the game!!

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

Hope, positive thoughts and prayers will continue to go up for you and yours! Boy are looking pretty good so far! Have a happy Tomorrow,
Katie

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))Have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your guy did so well in the game and that the other player is doing better after surgery.  Hopefully he will be able to come back soon.  Just wanted to say that all of us go through good times and bad times, but judging on how many people are here for you whether it be good or bad you are surely very loved.  Stay positive and keep a smile on your face.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Glad to read that you are feeling better. I hate when I get down in the dumps. Love the hockey graphic....now if I could just get you to be a football fanatic LOL

Blessings,

Tia

Anonymous said...

I'm not too sure about Tep.  If he was my son or husband I would be dissuading him about returning.  
I love reading your commentary.   Its brilliant!

Hugs
Jeanie   xxx

Anonymous said...

I am pulling for the buffalo sabres---I hope this season is sweet for them...thanks for the hockey run down...
take care
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to catch another game this year right here in BeanTown!  I'll be able to think of you the whole evening.  :)

Anonymous said...

i hope that you have a happy weekend...love,lisa

Anonymous said...

You make me miss hockey.  For years me & my cousin went to almost every Bears & Flyers game.  I miss those days.  Have a great weekend!
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

Anonymous said...

After reading about hockey through your eyes, I would love to go to a real game.
Hope you have a great weekend...hugs and love,
Joyce