Saturday, September 1, 2007

~ Saturday Morning & Some Snags ~

      DsDesignsOgdensburg-OttawaBridge.gif picture by 55hockeyfan


Another picture of Steph's.  She needs to get into some contests or something, don't you think?  This is up at the camp as well as the last one.  Not far from the camp, up the St. Lawrence, is the bridge into Canada.  Following that highway you end up in Ottawa.  It's about an hour away, I guess.  Being in Jeff's boat gave her the opportunity to snap this shot below the bridge at sunset.  What a shot, eh?  I did relay all your comments from the last shot and she was honored and sends her thanks. 

 

Woke up this morning to a crisp chill in the air.  Definitely reminding me that it is Sept. 1 and summer is on the way out.  I notice leaves drifting down to earth and covering the grass and flowers as though to warm them from the chill.  The leaves really aren't changing color, they almost look burnt on the edges.  Sad really.  At work, the two trees out front are the same way.  It looks as though some type of chemical was dumped into the ground that is killing off the leaves.  The outer edges dark and crispy.  Some locals say it's because of the storm last Oct.  The trees are confused and shedding their clothes before their time just in case.  I think it is lack of rain all summer.  Either way I don't think we will get the vibrant colors of fall.  I hope I'm wrong, being robbed of the most beautiful time of the year would suck!

 

 

   DsDesignsSplash.gif picture by 55hockeyfan

It's still below 70 at this hour, the sun is shining brightly and sky is bright blue with a few scattered white clouds.  They are saying it will get warmer and that tomorrow will be the best day.  That's a good thing too.  We will be having a cookout at my parents.  Since my sister has her treatment on Tuesday we thought Sunday would be the better day.  She is holding her own, but having a day of relaxation prior, always seems to help.  So that it is.  Our party will be on Sunday!   Plans of snacks all day, chicken on the grill, salads galore, and no doubt something yummy for dessert.  Cabana Boy mentioned turning the pool heater on later today to ensure warm waters to play around in.  The sun, the solar cover, and the heater should do the trick.  Lets hope so.  Not even sure who will be there.  Some are up at the camp on the river.  Time to close it up for the season.  My son has to work 7-7 so he and his GF will likely get there after.  I will save some goodies for them :)  After that, it's anyone's guess.  What are your plans?  Anything special?

 

Off to grab another cup of 'joe' and make the rounds.  Hope everyone has a great day and wonderful weekend!

 

Hugs

~d 

 

   DsDesignsAJourney.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 

        DsDesignsthesecret.gif picture by 55hockeyfan

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful tags...I like them lots!!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

yes, steph should enter some contests.  the above photo is beautiful...and of course what you've done is too.  i'm glad fall is on its way...its been way too hot here this past month.  hope you and your family have a wonderful cookout and holiday weekend.
gina

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures.  I "snagged" the Splash since that's what I'm planning on doing shortly!  Our pool is not heated.  I always that would be so very expensive.  It would be nice, though, to be able to use the pool year round!  We're just hanging around the house this weekend.  I think we're going to go over to the beach and Cape Canaveral on Tues or Wed.  We're not about to hit the beach on a holiday weekend!  Hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend.  Later, Linda  (Friday's Child)

Anonymous said...

Good Morning....love all the pics and graphics...have a fun tommorrow...I am coffied out already....

Michele

Anonymous said...

Stephanie is very clever!   I love that bridge shot.  You are too.  I love all the tags and have snagged them...Lol!
As for the leaves turning brown and crips as though they have been burnt...some of ours are like that too here in England.  We have had plenty of rain so it can't be that!  In fact we haven't really had any warmth this summer..moan groan!
Yes...the leaves are beginning to fall here too, and this the 1st of September.  The seasons seem to be in a hurry or mixed up a bit.  Hope next year it will all go back to normal....Brrrr!
From Chilly England
Hugs  (To keep warm..lol!)
Jeanie   xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Autumns coming, nearly time for the old woolies to come out ;-)
Gaz x

Anonymous said...

Have a great holiday weekend, Donna. Temps here have barely been above 70F all summer lol

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos and effects...as usual!

No plans really.  Finishing up back to school shopping.  They just opened up this store called Plato's Closet that sells brand name clothes for real cheap, of course this happens after I drop 700 bucks on Ciara's new Fall wardrobe!  Maybe they will have winter clothes? Ugh, I'm never going to get out of debt!

TTYL you freaking troll,

~V~

Anonymous said...

Good Morning and thank you for the Snags.  I'm  not anxious for the winter as it has been a short summer.  I hope you enjoy your day.

Anonymous said...

D, you're right about Steph and her work.  You my lady are no slouch when it comes to picture taking!  It's been a bit chilly here and the leaves have been falling for over a week.  We didn't have the storm, so who knows what the problem is.  I do hope you are able to capture the colors.  I can only imagine what you'd do with the layout.  Have a great time at your cookout.

Anonymous said...

I agree Steph has great talent ,but so do you ,hope you have a lovely family day tomorrow ,thankyou for beautiful snags ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Steph's pictures is lovely -- but so are your pictures!  LOL

Have a great weekend and enjoy the last warm days of summer.  Me?  I'm looking forward to Indian Summer!

Anonymous said...

It doesn't seem like the end of summer here. It's in the mid 90's and HOT! Not a breeze to be found.
Hope you enjoy your holiday weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I am snagging these graphics like crazy! I will have to check out D's designs. The one of the Oakland Bay Bridge is GORGEOUS! She is very talented.
Thanks for sharing. I am off to find her journal.
Hugs,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Okay...so I am really retarded today. It's NOT a photo of the Oakland Bay Bridge. WOW....it's IDENTICAL THOUGH!!! Seriously...no joke. Google "Oakland Bay Bridge" and check it out. LOL.
I am blonde. Did I mention that?
;)
Jen

Anonymous said...

beautiful. I snagged. I hope your having a great weekend. (((((((Hugs))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))ave a great time.

Anonymous said...

The bridge picture is great.  Loved your tag and your pool party sounds great.  It is raining here in Iowa, no pool parties for us.

               Julie

Anonymous said...

In Athens, Ohio, yesterday, where Meg is at college now, there were brown leaves everywhere. None in my Ohio town. I love your tags and the beauty you share with us. Enjoy your get together today.
LOVE, lj

Anonymous said...

Hey dear :) It sounded like u had another wonderful weekend planned and had! I hope u all had a great time ;) Im sure you all did. Fall whats that lmao. We dont get fall here in Florida at all, lol. We get our bit of cool by Dec if were lucky haa, lol. i love to live somewhere where theres seasons. If it wasnt for my mom, brother and family here id move to another state, lol. I love fl i do but sometimes with no season it really stinks espeically this time of yr ;( Anyway i love that pic that Steph took thats is beyond stunning great job again! Im glad ur sis is relaxing holding up on her own and doing ok as can be. I pray for her daily. I agree with u i think due to the crazy weather last yr the trees are confused, lol. Hopefully u will see the leaves turn colors and all soon. I know u will get fall like weather before u know it ;) Take care hun and ttys! xo, Leslie

Anonymous said...

This is a little late...but the leaves are starting to change here in Germany. We didn't have much of a summer as it is, but I do love fall. Hope you had a great day today!!

*Hugs*
Christy

Anonymous said...

    Love the photo of the sunset.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

Have a great time at the cookout!
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Hope the cookout was nice...sure sounded like it would be.  Steph did take a lovely photo...and I agree about the contest.  She would win for sure.  Prayers for your sister tomorrow...hope the treatment goes well.  Temps here are cool too in the morning hours, but are going to hit the low 90's this week.  Today is our last pool party of the year.  Loved all the snags...hope you have a blessed day...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

The picture from Steph is awesome!  Do I assume since it's a photo that it's not snaggable?  Please tell her for me that her work is exciting and if this is just the beginning, we are in for some professional photos very soon.  I snagged them all. I'm still trying to re-fill my tags 'n graphics up.  Thank you & blessings, Penny   http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/TimeforaLittlePoetry

Anonymous said...

Yet another absolutely fantastic photo........ Yes , she certainly needs to get them entered into a competition.

The weather here in London here today was aroud the 22c mark...... ho hum..... guess we shouldn't complain it will soon be winter  :o((

Hugs Jayne