Thursday, September 13, 2007

~ You Knew it was Coming ~

Tep.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


.... and if you didn't shame on you.  LOL  I've been warning you for weeks.  I think I started the count down at 40 some days.  Well, today was the day.  The boys showed up at the arena for their physicals and to start training camp.  I even drove into work a bit differently today.  Yeap, I'm sick!!  In the past there would be mornings were I'd see some of them on their way in.  So camera in tow I went by the arena just in case.  Damn it!  No luck this time, but I will get them.  You know I will :)

 

About 2 in the afternoon the GM and coach had a press conference.  Tep would not be starting the season with the boys.  At this point not sure he will join them at all.  For the 3rd time he will need heart surgery.  He had it a few years ago, then again in the off season last year.  This procedure will be a bit different.  Darcy, the GM, noted that Tep was a bit down obviously and will be accessing things.  Little details are being released at this time, but it could be he is contemplating retiring.  He is 39 and rather old in the hockey world.  Get well soon Tep and know I'm sending you good vibes and strength.  Your leadership will be missed and I do hope you can come back, but please do the right thing for you.

 

The Ice Bowl details will be given on Monday.  It was supposed to happen earlier this week but surely because of the severity of Everett's injury they postponed it.  I am able to get tickets tomorrow and you know I will be there credit card in hand buying them up.  OHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm stoked.  Let the games begin!!!! 

 

On another note, Kevin Everett is doing well.  Or as well as can be expected.  I listened to the press conference with the Dr's very intently.  Some media outlets are blowing his movement out of proportion.   Though he does have movement it is very minor.  He can wiggle his toes at will but cannot move his hands.  He can put his knees together slightly.  The doctors are more optimistic today then they were yesterday, but he will not be walking out of that hospital.  Will he walk?  No one knows.  Apparently this type of movement is common with this type of injury, but that is all they get.  So it's not a done deal.  The team doctors and EMT's on the field that day are being credited with saving his life.  Their quick thinking and action taking on an experimental procedure of giving an IV cold saline has proved to be successful.  That in itself is a step in the right direction with these types of injuries.  Almost putting him into hypothermia.  Like you'd put an ice pack on an injury they basically pumped ice thru him.  He is awake and breathing on his own.  He has is talking on a limited basis.  This young man has a very long way to go, but with continued prayers I have no doubt he will continue to get better, even if his football career is over.

 

A quick note regarding my rant yesterday.  It was not all about or against me.  It was pretty general and wide spread through JLand and I'm just tired of it. 

 

Hope everyone had a good day.

 

Hugs

~d

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna, glad your team is on the ice, Have a great Friday, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

It is so cool how you are into hockey like I am football!!! Sorry haven't been around for a minute but needed some space from me and J-land. I have a private journal so hit me up if you want to read that. You know that I am going to be requesting tags out the ying yang....

Blessings,

Tia

Anonymous said...

i seen something about everett on aol main page what happened to him?

Anonymous said...

i seen something about everett on aol main page what happened to him?

Anonymous said...

I'm happy you're happy for hockey to finally get rolling.  I felt the same way when NFL training camp ended this Summer!!

hugs,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Glad your fav sport is on now.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

     We've been following Kevin Everett's progress on ESPN. You've given a better understanding here than what I momentarily glanced at earlier. Still, it does look more hopeful then it did on Sunday.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTYOU))))))))))))))))))I know you are soo exciteed about your game comming back on.I know you are happy.have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hurrah!   I never thought I would say this but I'm looking forward to reading all about your sport again.
Sad about the young man Everett.  That sounds like an interesting and life saving  treatment on the field for such injuries.  Well done whoever thought of that one.
I pray too that he recovers some more use of his arms and legs.  Please God!

As for your comments on your rant yesterday...?  I agree with you. Let's all get back to being friends and journalling the way we know how.  No moans and groans just interesting absorbing entries.  There's enough angst in the world.

Hugs
Jeanie  xxx

Anonymous said...

p.s.
Laughing at you taking an alternative route so that you can use your camera on 'The Boys'.  Lol!

Jeanie

Anonymous said...

NOW HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU AFFORD THOSE TICKETS WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB//HUH-HUH??? INQUIRING LITTLE MINDS WANNA KNOW.......
~C~
had to make ya laugh...............................

Anonymous said...

Glad you have the hockey season to look forward too.  I hope Everett recovers enough to live a full, quality life...  Linda

Anonymous said...

I KNEW I KNEW,
LOL ~D, I knew you would have hockey today with the opening of training camp. I said while watching the news oh my friend online gonna be excited. then my hubby  (he's not sport guy) oh that football player is doing better he can move some things himself. I said thats my hockey friends Bills player and we play them Sunday.  I guess this is where I sign of saying
I THINKING OF YOU,
hugs, Kim<-:P
ps incase anyone reading doenst know this ~D is the best graphic designer

Anonymous said...

Wow dear lots going on, well in the sports world, *Hugs* yes ur right u did warn us the time will come and it has, hee ;) U gave us plenty of warning, haa. Im sorry about one of your boys not able to play yet
and having to have heart surgery woww. I didnt realize you could still play hockey at his age. Then agian im sorry lol i dont know much at all about that sport. I will learn now from u, hee. Dang too bad u couldnt get pics near the arena there. I know u will next time. I bet u are excited about you going to the games. I can see u now there in line with ur cc ready, haa. Ur soo cute. Wow thats good, positive news abotu Kevin. yes he deifnetly has a long way to go god bless him. But hes making progress.

Its just so unbeliveable still and so sad. But i am keeping him and his in my prayers. I know he will get thru it in time. Hes young and strong, he can pull thru this. Oh and about all that drama my gosh. I still cant believe how cold ppl are these days. I can but cant. Esp about being cruel about 9/11. What is wrong with ppl? That email situation too what a mess ;( Im so sorry Donna. I hope it all blew over now. I tell yah this jland drama needs to finally stop. We can only hope right, lol. Anyhow take care dear have a good weekend! xoxo, Leslie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You gave me a smile this morning....glad your season has started....

I hope you get pictures too....

Michele

Anonymous said...

hope your boys have a great season. ((((((hugs)))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Yes it is that time of the year..I look forward to your play by play reviews...hope you have a lovely weekend...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Yep, it is just about hockey season once again.  Where is my Stanley Cup Champions Ducks tag anyway?  LOL  Have a good weekend.

Phil

Anonymous said...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sits in corner
as i know absolutely nothing about this sport ......lol

hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

Gawd, I need enlightening, I don't know anything about this sport, we don't have it here.
Gaz