Tuesday, September 25, 2007

~ The Day from HELL ~

              DsDesignsThingsareNot.gif picture by 55hockeyfan


Maybe I should have waited to offer that tag up?  Or, maybe by doing it I jinxed myself.  Either way today was the absolute pits!!!!  A day from hell!

 

Got up this morning to a beautiful day.  The sun was breaking over the houses across the street and the temperature was warm.  They were calling for a record setting day.  Believe me it broke several records and came very close to breaking my spirit.  

 

Logged on this morning and went thru mail.  I went to go to a favorite and when I opened them up, to my amazement they were gone.  All but a few.  WTF?!?!   Then I remembered a goofy error last night that knocked me right off line.  I didn't check when I got back just went about my business.  That's the only thing I can think of.  AOL sucks so bad at times!!  No alerts, then this......... GRRRRRRRRRR

So here I am looking for all my sites, journals, everything.  I couldn't stick around, that fake job was calling..... soooooooo off I go.

 

Work starts out fine.  I will spare you all the details but all hell broke loose about noon.  Last week everyone in the department was asked about a procedure.  We gave our answers.  All was cool.  Today the department gets sent an email.  It was basically confirming what our process was, no big deal, but there is a whole thread.  I begin to read thru the entire thread.  It was very obvious the thread was amongst management giving the pros and cons of the procedure.  It had clearly been edited before being sent, but there hanging out there is my name.  Out of context it almost appeared I had done something wrong.  I questioned the sender who was embarrassed and very apologetic.  Sent an email to the department letting them know the error and apologizing to me.  It wasn't meant that way, and knowing the whole story I was fine with it.  Shit happens.  I'm in her office talking and when I get back to my desk I have 5-6 more emails.  Another manager from another department forwarded the same mail out to let them know the procedure.  I wanted to die.  The sender is in tears, I feel bad, folks are freaking out and want HR to do something about it.  WTF?!?!  It was an accident and if I was fine with it why wasn't everyone else?

 

I leave work early today.  Last Friday I started having a un-comfy feeling along my jar.  I think I need an adjustment and made an appointment with the Dentist for today.  All weekend it bothered me, but nothing too drastic.  It was tender and a bit swollen.  Late yesterday it started feeling better.  I didn't want to cancel the appointment because I know my luck.  I would and a day later the pain would return.  Felt so good I ate corn on the cob last night.  First time in years!!!  So I leave work and go to the dentist.  She feels around and then takes x-rays.  I'm a bit nervous about what they might find.  I've been great for months and had very few problems since the surgery last November.  I wait and wait.  She comes back into the room and shows me.  Points at this little spot and tells me it is a root tip.  It got left behind and is now festering and I have an abscess.  A year later????   She numbs me up, drains it and gives me antibiotics.  I have to go back in December for them to remove the tip.  I'm told it is not all that uncommon.  I leave with a slight throb and a headache.  Still a bit tender right now, but definitely feel the difference.  Thank God the is over, for now.

 

I get home about 6.  I call my sister to see how she made out today and discuss the shake.  Turns out she didn't get her treatment.  I talked to her husband and the day did not go well, she was sleeping.  I'm devastated and not in a position to say much more right now, not here.  Please, please just say an extra prayer for her.  I know I've asked for a lot but I am at wits end.  I can't change what is happening, I don't understand, my spirit is breaking and my faith wavering.  I look at the candles and want to light and light and light some more in the hopes that it will change the path..............  I wish I could make it burn forever...  that it could .. would change something.  I thank you for all you've given me, and I am so sorry I keep asking, I just don't know what to do..........

 

I tried to get to journals tonight, and I'm sorry I didn't make it to all........ just couldn't concentrate or comment.  I'm in a fog......   I know you'll understand.. and I promise to be by.

 

Hugs

~d

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big hugs sent to you Donna ....I am lighting a candle right now.

Mari

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this...
I'm in a funk myself.  We'll both be ok soon.
Love,
Nance

Anonymous said...

When the day
Starts out bright
Somehow doesn't
Work out right
Keep the faith
Stand strong
Smile on
It's just a lull
Of darkness
Before a dawn.

We'll light
A candle
Here tonight
Say a prayer
With you for
Your sister
To be alright
God Bless-Sleep Tight
Get your rest
So tomorrow
You'll be at your best
Hugs

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Please know that my prayers are going strong for your sister...I so believe in miracles...keep positive.....sorry your day was lousy....((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
take care
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

{{{Donna}}} Please always know that I am here for you if you ever need to talk, yell, or for anything, ok. Your sister is in my prayers. So many hugs being sent your way my friend.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

It really does sound like a terrible, no good day!  I'm hoping this one is much much better!  Lit a candle and said some prayers for your sister.
Traci

Anonymous said...

remember my coworker who's DH was told 2 wks ago that there is no more to be done for him....they just started him on pain meds to ease the pain....he was on chemo on and off for 5 yrs....on Monday, they started him on radiation and think MAYBE it will kill the cancer growing in his bones. The coworker was in tears and had hope again when 2 wks ago she felt she had none. I always have your sis in prayers....always. Wow, what a bad day....i am sorry that sloppy person had your name in that email....that is NOT good...and i hope it passes quickly....as for your favorites..AOL does suck...i have links that if i lose them, wow, i would never find them again.
love you
lj

Anonymous said...

oh {{{donna}}} saying a prayer for you and your sis today.
gina

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your bad day and prayers to your sister hun

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Sorry my friend you had such a bad day.  Saying prayers for you and your sister and lighting a candle.  God bless, hope things will improve for you.

Anonymous said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{~D}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}})}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
You are one of the strongest women I'vknown for a long time. Some days we have to climb a big hill. But you are climbing a mountain, so sit on the summit and sit back, rest, and when you are ready continue your climb. In the meantime  your friends will wait for word on this journey that  you and your family are taking.

Anonymous said...

Girl, you did have a day from hell.  Remember that God doesn't give you more than you can handle.  I know that doesn't really help right now but I'm sure all the prayers that are going up for you and your family right now will.  You are loved by people you don't even know.  Isn't that a wonderful feeling.
Joyce (JJDolfin9)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your day isn;t going so well. I hope it turns around for yu. (((D))) Emmi

Anonymous said...

I have all but stopped using AOL alerts.  I am using Google Reader instead -- you should give it a try.

Sorry you are having such a bad day.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,

I'm so very sorry to hear your Sis is having a tough time.  I know the strong bond between sisters, I have two of them myself.  I know there are no words, just know I'm keeping her in my prayers, and you as well.  Your predicament with your mouth sounds miserable!  I'm glad you kept your appointment, and hope you feel better.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Oh Donna, what a horrible day....I understand the tag now.  ((hugs)) You must just be overwhelmed!  I know if a person's white count isn't high enough they hold chemo...I only hope is that your sisiter isn't giving up hope.((hugs)

~Bethe~  

Anonymous said...

of course we will pray for your sister!  
and I haven't had such a great day either.  Today we were asking if there was a full moon.....
take care and here is a ((((hug)))))
for you
Tina

Anonymous said...

Praying for her now...Please Cheer up hon....God bless you, I know you are so worried and tired of it all...I feel your pain through your writing here, I really do ...and I hope you have a blessed day tomorrow...
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

So sorry you had such an awful day yesterday.  I will keep saying prayers for her and you.  Hope today was better for you.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Oh honey of course I will pray for her
Love you!!
~ marina

Anonymous said...

Hi hun, BIG HUGS for u. I hope and pray that u had a better day today. It makes me so sad that ua er and u had such a lousy day. What started off to be a good day thne turned out not so good. I have been thru that too. Of course i will pray really hard for ur sis. I have lit a candle for her already and will continue to do so. I cant believe what happened at ur job with that one email/thread that just went choatic. I hope that things were better there today, settled down and all. Sorry about ur tooth, jaw too hun. Glad u got into the dentist and its going to be taken care of. U poor thing. Dont be sorry at all for aaking for prayers. never bee sorry for that. We all love u Donna and worry about u and ur fmaily, ur sis. We are all here for u. dont worry about us and our js, we know u read them when u can and we are all in ur heart. Anyway dear, like i said hope u had a better day. ttys, Love yah, Leslie

Anonymous said...

I've just lit EVERY CANDLE IN THE HOUSE.  And Ma's saying a couple of roseries to boot!  We're with ya.  Hang in there and let me know if you need anything. K?

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Glad you got your mouth took care of. Hope your sister feels better soon enough to take her treatment.
Take care and Prayers for you all, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

There must have been something about Tuesday.  
My mom was diagnosed with cancer that day.  
This week has been a fog for me too.  I feel like a brick was thrown in my face and it's not fun.

I empathize, Donna.  I truly empathize.  

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

sorry things were frustrating for you and pretty tag.

Anonymous said...

I am a little late with my comment i know, But i have to say your sister and your self are always in my prayers.I hope The gums are doing better.
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

I am behind with reading my journals and I'm so sorry to hear what has been happening since I last visited.  I just want you to know that your sister is always mentioned in my prayers.  When I talk of her and ask for help I see her with the milkshake you bring her each week.  I pray to God that she will get better.  I shall pray for you too Donna that you can find the strength to cope with all that is happening.  If love could heal there would be no sick people.
God Bless
Love
Jeanie  xxx

Anonymous said...

Donna I'm praying for you and your sister.

God Bless
Christy

Anonymous said...

D ... you bring so much joy and fun into our lives with your tags and snags and good humor.  Don't apologize for needing a bit of a lift from us -- we're here and we're willing.  {{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had such and awful day, D...  Sometimes things pile up and lay out before us all at once, and it's so overwhelming.  I hope the days following, and all day hereafter, are filled with smiles...

Keeping you and your sister in thoughts and prayers..

::hug::

Michelle

Anonymous said...

As always, Prayers going out for your sister.  I hope your days have been better since this lousy one!
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((( D ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Oh you poor sweetie.......... I really feel for you. I hope that the abcess soon goes and the pain isn't to bad.

Lit a couple of candles for your sis. Its not a problem you asking......... you take the time of day to make us beautiful tags with all that you have going on, its the least we can do

hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

Although sad, that graphic is so beautiful!

I'm sorry to hear you had such a terrible day, I missed this entry not getting many alerts at all!  

It brings me to tears reading about your sister, saying lots of prayers for her...not only will i light another candle here for her... I will light them in my home as well!

We are here for you anytime Donna!  

((((((((((((((((((Donna)))))))))))))))

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you had a bad day...and yes, I will surely light a candle for your dear sister...always in my prayers she is.
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I lit a candle for your sister. She is in my prayers always. And I'm sorry your day was so awful. I hope your weekend is a better one. (((((((hugs))))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

    Prayers are a lot easier than one thinks. I have a few for you and your sister. Take care.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

h