Saturday, September 8, 2007

~ She's Here ~

      DsDesignsAutumnScene.gif picture by 55hockeyfan


Ok, well many of you might think I mean Autumn.  And I suppose I could mean that, except that it's been in the 90's here.  Hot and humid!  They are saying it will cool down today and rain is expected.  In all of August we didn't even get an inch of rain.  The grass, trees, and gardens have suffered.  I am hoping the autumn colors will still show through, but I highly doubt it. 

 

Speaking of Trees, some of you may know Treesgreen78.  She has been in JLand for sometime and visits me regularly.  She makes her home in Canada and is really not far from me.  Well, I met her yesterday.  Live and in person.  It was great!   She was in town to pick up a friend at the airport and then they would be leaving for a weeks trip.  She had some time to kill before the flight came in so after work I met up with her for a bite to eat.  We stayed close to her hotel and the airport and decided to do something rather simple.  It was Friday night and we hoped to avoid the mad dinner rush.  We ended up at the Crackle Barrel.  Nothing fancy but good food and good company made it a blast.  :::waving:::  Hi Lisa... you gave me the idea :)  The portions there are enough to feed an army!  YIKES!!  We ate and sat chatting for a couple of hours. It was so nice not to be rushed out of the place.  Then, Trees was off the airport and I was off to home.  Ok, so she went shopping first.  LOL 

 

I also got a package in the mail yesterday.  She is here.  The Goddess.  Thanks Judith!!  A nicely wrapped package tucked away on my porch out of harms way.  I giggled with joy and pulled it into the house.  Clearly marked Fragile: Handle with care.  Aaahhh but the post office didn't seem to care.  It was bent a little and the outer paper torn.  I growled a little.  I undid the paper and found a cardboard box, then a nice bag to protect the art from any elements that would make it past the outer covers.  She is beautiful!  See for yourself!  You can also see the slight bend, but I'm hoping once it's matted and framed you won't be able to tell.  Once it's done and on the wall I will take another picture to show you.  Judith, thanks for the sweet words as well.  They are so appreciated!

 

TheGoddess.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 

So there you have it......... she's here.  Feel free to snag the autumn graphic if you like.  I can't always take credit for the animated extra's in my graphics (we all borrow from time to time), but this butterfly I did.  Some may remember my excitement when I first got a butterfly to flap it's wings instead of jumping all over the page.  I thought this butterfly added a nice touch to the graphic. 

 

Lots of Saturday chores today but I will be back.  I have a gazillion alerts to read!  I will also get tags out at some point today.  Enjoy your Saturday. 

 

Hugs

~d

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Goddess painting is fabulous!  What a treasure that is going to be hung on the wall.  Well done!  I can just sense a tingle of your joy in myself reading your entry.  Magical!
Thanks again for the Tag snag...Autumn...Harvest Gold.
Take care and have a splendid weekend.

Hugs
Jeanie   xxx

Anonymous said...

Love the artwork...how rude of them to bend it!!!  Where are you going to hang it?  Judith is so very talented!

I love Cracker Barrel!   We eat there when we are on the road or at home visiting my folks...nothing better than down home cooking.  Oh and that gift shop aint too bad either.  LOL.  Glad you had a nice time with your jland friend.

Anonymous said...

love the butterfly...and it is perfect for this graphic.  sounds like fun having opportunity to meet a jland friend.  maybe one day i'll be close enough to meet someone.  :)  the painting is beautiful.
gina

Anonymous said...

Cracker Barrel is a grand place---very popular here....
The goddess is beautiful.....sorry it got bent.....AGAIN congrats.....what a great prize...
enjoy your weekend!!!
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

That's nice to meet a J-lander for real, Donna. Again congrats on the Artsy Essay prize!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations,!!
luv bella x

Anonymous said...

Wow, two J landers that you have either met or had a personal connection with....GOOD FOR YOU!! That painting is gorgeous....so glad you liked CB!! I wish i could meet you too....it'd be like sitting with a lifelong friend.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the award.You DESERVE IT!!!!
And you got an actual award that you can feel and see and keep,how cool.....
*****HUGGIES*****
~C~

Anonymous said...

Well deserved and what a treat - Congratulation.  Keep the word coming! Have fun and enjoy your day,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Well! You've had a great twenty-four hours.  Happy for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award ...you deserved it!!  Snagged the autumn tag ...even though it is not any where close to autumn here.

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!!!!!  And congrats on meeting a J-Lander.  I've done that too and it is sooo exciting!  Don't work too hard! love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

The artwork is stunning!  Isn't it wonderful to meet a JLander in person?  Mine was Penny from Ohio, who is struggling with leukemia again.  LOL...I went back to see your butterfly.  I've been trying to get one animated myself.  Wow, you've come a long way since 2005; not that your stuff wasn't good then but it's awesome now....lol.  I love to go back into my archives.  Whoo, what an eye opener.  Have a good weekend.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Just that little touch of a butterfly, makes all that diffrence!
Gaz xx

Anonymous said...

I just love Trees!! She's so sweet! I'm glad you met her...but what? NO pictures?? I'm disappointed....!!
Love the tag! And the butterfly really adds to it.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs..Pam

Anonymous said...

Great artwork... she did a beautiful job!!  CONGRATS on the win!!!!
The butterfly looks nice!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Judith is so incredibly talented.  
I've always wanted some of her artwork!  :)

Lucky girl, you.  LOL

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What fun to meet a fellow J-lander.  There is one three towns over from me and we have yet to meet.  We go alot of the same places so it is only a matter of time!
Love the Autumn graphic and your beautiful painting!!  what a treasure that is.
Traci

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Isn't it cool to meet J-Land pals in real life??  I've met seven so far and hope to meet more in the future.  

Fall can't get here fast enough!!

hugs,
Russ

Anonymous said...

How lovely to meet another J Lander and you sound as though you both got on well ,How lovely that you have recieved your painting from Judith ,I bet it takes pride of place ,you were a worthy winner , I read some of the other entrys ,so again well done ...love Jan xx,

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Congrats and I love the tag and the gift from Judith!  Awesome meeting your friend!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

How cool it was to meet up with a fellow journaler.  Very nice!  Loved the tags...love Autumn...hope your week ahead is the best...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

the autumn tag is awesome. ty i snagged it. and the artwork is very pretty. I can't wait to see it hung up and framed. (((((Hugs))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

That autumn graphic is gorgeous.  The colors pop!  How cool meeting your friend.  When is my turn?  hehehehe  Glad you got your painting, looking forward to seeing it framed and hanging.  Congratulations again.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))That is Awsome,glad you had a fab time meeting someone from J-Land and I love Cracker Bare.Have a nice evening.

Anonymous said...

Weather here is strange too D........ August was so so.....sun, rain,wind.....now the last few days have been beautiful, yesterday the sky was so blue it almost looked like the sea in the Mediterranean..... beautiful.
Today its sunny but cloudy......still good day for drying.

The picture is BEAUTIFUL..... glad you got to meet your friend
Have fun
Hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

h