Sunday, September 30, 2007

~ Holy Crap! ~

DsDesignsBillsGame9-30-07.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


What a weekend!!!  Simply put, it was awesome.  Good friends, good food, and good weather.  Dinner last night was great.  Italian always hits the spot.  We arrived at the restaurant a few minutes early and thank God we had reservations.  We were seated fairly quickly, but those without reservations had an hour wait.  As a side note, I would have left.  The food is good, but not that good.  We were served quickly and we hung out laughing and having fun over some coffee.  The area was buzzing as the Sabres were playing and the arena wasn't too far away.  When we left about 8:30ish there was still a line to get in the place.  In the car I immediately put the radio on to see how my boys were doing.  It was the last preseason game and it was once again against the Pittsburgh Penguins.  The score was tied at 2 about 5 minutes into the last period.  The 'Guins scored shortly after we got moving.  Within a few minutes Pominville scored with an assist from Roy.  Finding out later Roy scored one of the early goals, giving him a 2 point night.  He's an animal I tell you!!  With about 5 minutes to go Tim Connolly scored and gave us the lead, 4-3.  I was a bit rude and left the radio on to hear the play.  I've learned the game isn't over until that final buzzer goes.  Last year on more then one occasion we scored with only seconds left.  The 'Guins have some offensive fire power so this one could change in a blink of an eye.  We arrived at the hotel with a few minutes left and I sat there to hear it out.  YEAH Baby... the horn goes and Buffalo wins 4-3.  Now it's on to the 'real' games, starting Friday.

 

We sat in the hotel and had a few drinks and talked up a storm.  Some deep discussions and lots of laughs.  Before I knew it the clock was striking 1:30 and it was time to go home and get some sleep.  A smile on my face and full belly.  What more could you ask for?  My head wasn't on that pillow but a few minutes and I was out cold. 

 

Woke this morning to a crisp blue sky.  The sun was out and it was perfect football weather.  Had a few cups of coffee to kick start my body and got dressed.  Of course sporting my red, white, and blue team colors.  My house isn't to far from the stadium and really close to the highway entrance so they drove to me and then we switched cars, leaving their's here and I drove to the stadium.  Traffic wasn't bad until we got close, but even then it wasn't too bad.  We got into the parking lot and enjoyed the sights and smells.  Tailgating every where you looked.  Food cooking on grills, folks playing catch, dancing on roof tops of buses.  The fans didn't seem to care that we were 0-3.  They were ready.  

 

We made our way to the gates and into the club level.  We found a table and had some lunch.  Believe it or not I spent almost as much there in that short time as I did for dinner the night before.  Highway robbery!!  I guess they know folks will pay it, so they charge it.  Shawn (my clients son) and I walked out and took a look at the field.  There were a few guys out warming up.  Brian Moorman was practicing his kicks.  It was fun to watch and of course with camera in hand I grabbed a few shots.  Moorman has been with the Bills a few years after going to school in Pittsburgh.  He is one of the best.  My timing wasn't always perfect but I did get some nice shots.  The one in the collage is actually during the game and I had to use it.  All I could think of was 'Karate Kid'  :) 

 

After lunch we made our way to our seats.  We had a great view!  The first half ended with no score.  Now, I'm not trying to take away from the Jets, but to be honest it was two shitty teams playing.  It wasn't horrible, nor was it boring, there just wasn't any scoring.  In the third quarter the teams traded touch downs.  The Bills scoring first.  In the fourth the Bills went on a drive and it ended in a field goal. They are up 10-7.   The Bills defense wasn't perfect but they did come up with some big plays when they had to.  With an interception the Bills drove towards the goal line.   It was fourth down and less then a yard.  The field goal unit came out.  The crowd chanted, 'go for it.'  They wanted the coach to try for the TD.  A time out called and when the team took the field the offensive unit came out.  The crowd went wild.  If they score the coach is a genius, if not he's a failure.  Doesn't matter what the fans wanted.  In the end it didn't matter.  A short one yard pass and the score was 17-7.  The Jets did not give up.  They drove down and scored, giving them hope.  With about 4 minutes left the Bills had the ball and failed to do anything and had to punt the ball away.  I cursed.  Too much time left, defense has to stand tall and stop them.  The Jets were driving and it looked like they might just do it.  In Buffalo territory Chad Pennington attempted a pass, the crowd explodes as McGee intercepts and the clock reads 6 seconds.  They did it.  Holy crap they won!  It was a good day.  The Miami Dolphins got spanked so we are no longer the worst team in the league ::evil grin::

 

Both local sports teams pulled out a win and I had a great time with friends.  I'm dragging my ass right now and it's off to bed.  I know I owe several tags and will get caught up tomorrow.  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was great with some escaping the deep heart ache I've had all week.

 

Hugs

~d








The Bills Game
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play | Make your own Smilebox

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna,
It sounds like you had fun....and very glad to hear that you had a chance to escape your heart ache for just a while. Many hugs to you my friend.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

So glad your teams won this weekend.....and you had good food & good company.....you needed some big smiles!!
I was a Bufflao Bills fan also when I lived in central NY...gotta love 'em

~Bethe~

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend Donna ...glad both of your teams won ...you would be a hoot to attend any sports game with!!

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

Glad you had an exciting weekend and a real good time.  Hope you have a good day tomorrow.  

Anonymous said...

The Bills really needed and deserved that win!  Glad you got to see it.

hugs,
Russ

Anonymous said...

I saw parts of that game and was cheering for the Bills. The Lions won today as well. Can you say that we are SHOCKED!!!! Glad you had a good day. Sounded like fun. Tawnya

Anonymous said...

So happy everything went great for you Donna.Time you had more good week/ends like that you deserve them.Lovely graphics you are displaying too.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I love your reads because they're real! Thank you for being what it really takes to be: "THIS, THAT AND HOCKEY"  and any/all things that go with it!  Prayers for your Sister healing is now a done deal ~ She is HEALED!  May your smiles show other there is a reason too!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time. My BIL will be in a bad mood he is a dolphins fan lol.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

So pleased you enjoyed the weekend Donna ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I am held in my seat too when you write about your beloved Bill's.  You bring all the atmosphere around you into my reading of your account on your beloved Bill's, that I feel as though I am there with you.  Well done 'OUR' Team!  (lol!  I'm converted.)

What a wonderful weekend you have had. Just great!
Blessings and prayers to your dear sister who I hope is now recovering from her chest infection.  
God Bless Her!

Jeanie xxx

Anonymous said...

This is OUTSTANDING what you have put together for your Buffalo Bills ~ WOW ~ so impressive!!!!  Would you do things like this for other teams as well?

Living all my life in Green Bay, WI, I am a DEDICATED Packer fan, love our Brett and they are having a great season so far this year!  I would love to have something 'special' to add to my emails to friends!

You do some GREAT work ~ just had to ask!

GO PACK GO!

Hugs ~ Lois B

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a blast of a weekend---I am so happy for you.....So glad your teams won....I was routing for the Bills ---they needed a game to bring up their spirits....
Hope you have a super week!!!
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a good weekend and got out and about and enjoyed yourself.....love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Im glad you had a wonderful weekend hun as life is short and you need to have many of these   :)

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...sounds like such a nice weekend!  
And really, is there anything better than going to football games?  I just love it....

We're going to a WVU game in Cincinnati in November.  I'm really looking forward to spending an afternoon with screaming fans and overpriced food.  :)
My Mountaineers lost this weekend though.  Boo.  :(

XOXO,
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

When I first looked at the photos I thought wow how did she get those off of the tv?!  Great shots.  Glad you got to go and have a good time!
Traci

Anonymous said...

For a minute I thought you snagged the pics from a web site.  Nice shots!  Sounds as though you had a nice, relaxing fun-filled weekend which is just what you've been needing.  :)

Anonymous said...

lol,,I don't know of a restaurant that I love enough to wait an hour....lol
I'm so glad you had a good week-end..it helps to recharge..
Hugs,
Sheri

Anonymous said...

I was so excited I got to see your smile box thingie!  High Speed ROCKS!!!!
I was thinking about you as I was logging the scores.  Glad the Bills won.  The Jets have stupid uniforms.
:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna, my son also was at the game yesterday with friends and had a great time.  I sent him your pics of the bills.  He knows they never won a game but he still supports them 100%.  Glad you had a great dinner and both your teams won.  Take care.

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))So glad you had a great time with friends and that your team won.Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had an awesome weekend...
Although i'm not into sports, you got some
great pics!!!

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! nothing better than good times with good friends love
vicky

Anonymous said...

From what I just read, you had a wonderful weekend. The weather has been great here too...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I can't cope with all these men in tights, 80's shoulder pads and fancy hats. Ya need to see a Rugby game, now that will scare ya!
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

h