Thursday, September 6, 2007

~ Are You Ready? ~

          DsDesignsAreyouready.gif picture by 55hockeyfan


No, it's not Monday night, but the football season is upon us.  Today is the season opener.  Indy playing New Orleans.  Currently the Colts, Super Bowl Champs, are kicking some serious butt.  It was hoped the Saints would come out and do it all this year after the performance they had last season.  Time will tell.  I am of course a Bills fan, but I am not planning on anything real exciting this year.  Our defense is horrible!  I could run through it.  LMAO 

 

Today was great!  About mid morning upper management made the rounds to say hello and give a thank you to each and every employee.  They had a couple homemade chocolate chip cookies wrapped.  A bow and card tied to them.  The card... a thank you and a two hour pass.  Yeah baby!  Those are always nice.  With advance notice and approval from your manager you are allowed to take 2 hours off paid.  Love them on a Friday afternoon :)  We made our way to the hall next door at 1:00.  The smell was out of this world.  Italian!!  It was a bit hot (90+)for such a heavy meal but no one complained.  Well, not until after we all pigged out and ate too much.  LOL  Pasta, sauce with or without meat, chicken, salad, sausage with peppers and onions, bread, and brownies for dessert.  It was YUMMY!!  The President, CEO, and Chairman all did little speeches.  Nothing major, but more thank you's and how the company is doing.  The direction we are heading.  When the CEO was done talking he handed out envelopes to the department managers to hand to their staff.  In the envelope was cash.  YEAH Baby!!  No one is going on an extended vacation with the contents, but it was nice and will definitely come in handy.  Can you say tickets to the ice bowl?  I can! 

 

Needless to say my tummy was full all day.  No dinner for me, I was still stuffed.  I did, however, have a bowl of cereal while watching some of the football game.  It amazes me how once pasta wears off you feel as though you haven't eaten in a week.  I'll probably have bizarre dreams because I ate so late.  :::sigh::: 

 

Hope everyone had a great day, and I wish you a great Friday.  Anyone else notice even though the work week was shortened (for some) because of the holiday it feels longer? 

 

Hugs

~d

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mind if I ask who you work for and what you do?  (And do they have any openings...lol?)

Nancy

Anonymous said...

What an awesome Appreciation Day!  I used to love those when I worked... no Mommy appreciation days going on around here... lol  Well, I guess mom's day counts! LOL  But you know what I mean!  

The Colts looked awesome this second half!  They will be a force to be reckoned with again this year...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Oh, this week has DEFINITELY felt longer!  I think it's because I was so sure it would feel shorter that it dragged in spite of my hopes!  That's okay, though.  I am better when I am in the classroom.

I am not much of a football fan, but probably COULD be, if I had someone to watch it with...  ;o)

Sounds like a great day for you!  Thanks for sharing!

::hugs::

Chelle

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

That is sooo cute! I have seen you but just thought this journal was about hockey! lmbo Thought I would check the journal out. Sooo funny. Love all of your graphics!! Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

I've been ready for the official NFL season to begin for months!!

hugs,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Yeah my week definitely feels longer too!  Sounds like you had a good day at work.  :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your company treated the employees to a great day .....not much of that going on these days .....but wait I thought you had a fake job????

Snagged your football tag too.

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

What a great day,and scrumptious food ,I almost believe its a real job ;> )....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I am waiting with baited breath to read your smashing descriptive and 'unbiased' commentary on the sporting season.  You should be commenting for a living.  I enjoy athletics more than other contact sports but you are hooking me in with your lucid commentary.  
I'm ready!
Well...I bet  you felt like you were sat in Sicily with all the family around the table when you had lunch on the 'Imaginary Firm'.
I love pasta!  I should have been an Italian....Lol!
How could you all work after a meal like that?
Thanks for the 'run down'.

Jeanie xxx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice little bonus there!  We just had our Dept of Health survey so we should be getting a pizza lunch or something soon.  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

So cute. I'm not big into football but DH had a countdown going for the first game. Emmi

Anonymous said...

Yep I'm ready. Sunday Eagles are playing against Green Bay. My 2 favorite teams, who will I ever root for, lol.  Have a great day. (((((Hugs))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

it's always nice to be recognized even at a fake job!  LOL  And cash is always the best way to be recognized!
Traci

Anonymous said...

In between calls at work I caught glimpses of the game.  Colts were on fire ... but I'm really a college ball fan.  :)

Anonymous said...

Yep...I'm ready! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love the above graphic Donna too cute ;) I am not a football fan really so sorry doesnt matter to me, lol. But glad ur happy about it hun. My hubby loves his Packers so yeah im sure i will be watching a bit of those games with him this season, lol. Im so glad the luncheon was great ;) i knew it would be though. Wow the meal sounded great. Geez i love italian too yumm. U all deserved it. Thats great u got some cookies too, a thank u card and money too wow. Geez i want to work at ur job. I am moving up there asap, haa, lol. For real though its nice to work for a company that gives such recgonition. I dont know many like that here sadly, lol. I eat cereal too if im still full from a big lunch. Nothing like having cereal for dinner lol. Hope u have a great day hun. Also weekend ahead! ttys sweety, xoxo, Leslie

Anonymous said...

It's kinda like whe you eat Chinese food - It's sooo filling but and hour later your starving. I am looking more toward Hockey season, as I'm sure you are as well - I enjoy college football more than pro - They seem to want it more.  I think it's really awsome when a company takes the time and effort to thank those who really make a business a business. Congratulation on scoring your tickets to the Ice Bowl! Hope your Friday is good to you - Enjoy and have fun!
Katie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

 How wonderful to have a company that appreciates its employees.

             Julie

Anonymous said...

How nice of your company to do that. It really does mean alot when you feel appreciated and are given back for what you do.

Heck yeah....bring on the football.....woo hoo....

Michele

Love the graphic too

Anonymous said...

I'm not much of a pro football fan, but college football rocks my world!!!!  :)

It certainly sounds as if you work for some pretty incredible people.  None of the hospitals I worked in ever treated us quite so well.  LOL  

Oh, I just have to tell you this....

The other night, Doug and I got the munchies around 11 PM...so he made a Taco Bell run (I know, healthy, right?)  Anyway, I ate a gordita and then hit the hay.  I had nightmares ALL NIGHT LONG.  It was awful.  What in the world about eating late gives you nightmares???  LOL  I've never understood that.  

Anyway, have a lovely weekend!

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

It's the carbs that do it dear!
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

That was so cool to get a cash surprise...how nice.  The food made me so hungry just reading about it.  Hope you have a lovely weekend...and yep, it is football season...my hubby will be plastered to the tube!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Some cash, a meal and a thank you goes a long ways.... Our employer does that as well...it's nice to feel appreciated.

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

oh man, i wish my work week had been shortened..instead this past week felt like two weeks straight with no day off. SO glad you had some recognition and money! Plus Italian food!!! You go, girl. You SO deserve it all!
XO lj

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Lol, I just quoted that phrase when requesting your foot ball garv, lol.
- Jess

Anonymous said...

Party appears to have been a good one.  It's always nice to be appreciated.
I was looking for more details and pictures off the net.  HAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

Nice to be appreciated...... shame some places don't let their employees know that more often.

Sounds like you had a gret time
hugs Jayne