Friday, September 21, 2007

~ It Begins ~

DsDesignsitbegins.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


The fever has started!  Yeap, I listened to my boys for the first time this season.  It was preseason game #1.  Playing Columbus, who has already played 4 games.  We are late.  Tonight's game was radio only and with it preseason it was a bit difficult to follow.  Normally I can envision what is happening on the ice, but tonight we had only 4 starters playing.  The rest were guys from the minor league trying to make the squad.  Ryan Miller didn't play goal, instead we got our new backup. 

 

It was great to hear the announcer, the crowd, the whistles, and of course the players.  I am so ready for this!  Ok, so tonight we lost 4-1, but like I said it was young guys and their first game.  Not a lot of highlights for me to relay this evening.  One major fight.  Young guys trying to show their stuff and make the squad, for both teams.  MacArthur scored our lone goal.  Exciting for him as he is from the minors. 

 

Since both our captains left in the off season, we are in need of 'that' guy.  I am glad I am not the coach.  I can come up with a few that fit the bill.  Tonight Jochen wore the C on his jersey.  Good choice!  He speaks with his play and I feel he is way underrated.  He laughed in his post game news conference telling how the C fell off his jersey during the game.  I hope if he is chosen they sew it on a bit tighter.  Some how I don't think it will matter, the rest of the boys know him and his ability with or without the C. 

 

Tep's heart surgery was Thursday and it's being reported all went well.  Not much detail on what was done, but they are speculating he had a valve replaced.  No word yet on whether he will try to come back or retire.  At 39 he has had a full career and with his history it wouldn't surprise me if he called it quits.

 

This morning Kevin Everett was taken by ambulance to the airport where he boarded a plane and headed home to Texas.  He will of course be in a hospital there, but he is progressing great.  He is regaining movement and they are saying they hope to have him standing in the next couple of weeks.  YEAH!!!!  Not sure how much we will hear now that he isn't local, but I will try to keep you posted.

 

Today was good day, but I would be lying if I said anything other then I'm so glad it's Friday and the work week is over.  I worked my ass off!!!   Mother Nature teased us with temperatures in the 80's and it is supposed to be a good weekend.  Tomorrow I am hoping to start my laundry early and get it done so I can enjoy the day!  I'm tired and thinking of calling it a night.  Hope everyone is good!

 

Hugs

~d

hockeydonna.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 

Thanks to Emmi for the great tag.  Her timing was perfect! 

 

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

well now, you know how bad it is?  One of our local SPORTSCASTERS (not even one of the boring anchors) was laughing about "just HOW long is hockey season anyway...is there a month when hockey is OVER?"  It made me think of you ;-)

Anonymous said...

Donna, hope you have a great weekend, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

uh this heat is killing me here.

Anonymous said...

That is such great news about Kevin Everett!!  I am happily amazed at the medical progress we've seen in the past few years!!

(((hugs)))
Russ

Anonymous said...

He scoresssssssssssssss  ...I am betting Donna was wearing her jersey while listening to the pre game on the radio

You would be a blast to go to the games with ...have a great weekend!

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

I bet you are excited!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Our weather is perfect right now here also.  LOL...D, is that a penguiin that I see on that tag?  Have a great one!  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Kevin Everett, Ryan Miller, 'The young ones'. McArthur, Jochen with his C on his jersey, and of course Tep's heart surgery.  You are already helping me to see all these people and make them come real for me.  Looking forwards to the next game which hopefully you will get to see instead of hear.
I'm so pleased to hear that Kevin Everet is back in a hospital nearer home and that he is progressing brilliantly.  Thank God!

Have a restful weekend Donna.
Take care..
Hugs
Jeanie  xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I know your household is excited!!! WOO HOO!
Hope there's a great season in store!
Have a good weekend.
Sug

Anonymous said...

i wish you had been able to watch the game instead of just listening to it. Laundry? Yikes.....it never ends. As soon as i walked outside after clocking out this AM, i noticed how beautiful of a day it was and how warm and nice it felt. Not too many of those days left, i bet.
Love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Glad the heart surgery went well for the player...and it is hot here too...so NOT Fall weather...have a great weekend...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear you're getting back into the hockey season Donna. Hope that 'C' doesn't fall off again! Have a great weekend, hope the weather stays good for you. Any good weather now will make the long winter months seem shorter! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and yours boys a wonderful season - Good Luck! Take care with hopes you are enjoying your weekend!
Katie

Anonymous said...

hoping your boys have a great season. it's been hot here the past few days, this morning it's raining. ((((((hugs)))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

good luck
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Good luck to the boys!

Anonymous said...

I KNEW I could count on this entry.  HAHAHA  Thanks for understanding my absence D, and I won't kill you with comments all the entries, but I have read them.