Friday, September 14, 2007

~ A Birthday ~

              DsDesignsSistersForever1.gif picture by 55hockeyfan


Yeap, another birthday today.  When you come from a family of 7 kids it's hard to go any length of time without one.  Add parents, spouses, kids, and even more kids and we about cover every month of the year.  Well, not exactly.  March is a huge month, with 6.  Too much celebrating on the 4th of July maybe?  LOL

 

Anyway today is/was my sister Karen's birthday.  That would be the one that moved in with me a couple years ago.  It was planned that I would take her out for dinner.  Well, plans evolved and when it was time to go and eat it was a small get together.  My 2 other sisters and my parents joined us.  I was hoping my son and his girlfriend would, but he's been putting in a ton of OT and he was just whipped.  My sisters boys couldn't make it either.  No worries, we had a good time.  A Red Robin opened not too long ago and we wanted to check it out.  So we decided that is where we'd go.  I guess they are known for their burgers.  They had every kind of burger you could imagine.  I love blue cheese so that is what I got.  Excellent!!!!  They come with unlimited fries and a drink.  We all giggled when they brought the meal out as there were only about 10 fries in the basket.  We looked at each other and said, 'good thing they are unlimited.'   We talked, laughed, and ate.  When they came to clear the table everyone of us still had fries in the basket.  LOL  Unlimited?  Holy shit we didn't need them.  The burgers were huge and loaded.  I was stuffed and even left part of the burger.  If you live near one, check it out.  Not bad at all.  When we arrived and were being led to our seats I asked one of the girls if they did anything for birthdays.  She informed me the birthday person gets a sundae and they will gather at the table and sing.  :::evil grin:::  Yeap, I did.  I knew she'd kill me but it was well worth it.  We all took a taste of the sundae along with a few cups of coffee before we went our separate way.  Happy Birthday Karen!!!  Love you seeester.

 

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful.  Unless you call the heated sports discussions at work eventful.  LOL  Hockey was the topic.  Tep apparently was suspended by the team.  Because of the rules, CBA, and salary cap the team really had no choice.  They've assured him of his job and they also are standing behind him.  I have mixed emotions on the whole ordeal, I like him.  He's old, and the team probably spent too much money signing him again this year especially given his age and history of heart issues.  With that said I'm sure they had things in the contract.  Rules state if the player can't pass the physical....... blah blah... contract is null and void.  So he could be a free agent, but who would want him now?  Three heart surgeries in such a short time.  It's not even being said what exactly is being done.  The team isn't saying and I'm sure it's for privacy purposes.  Tep, well, he won't say either.  So by suspending him the team protects their rights as well as assure him a job when he is healthy enough to play, if he wants.  I kind of think both win.  Others think it was classless to suspend him.  :::sigh:::  I see both sides.  Putting him on injury reserve would make him be out much longer then he would need... so what is one to do?  I think they need to have a different name for it.  Suspension makes it appear he did something bad.  Surgery is next Thursday.  He did say they have to go in thru his rib cage and will be at the hospital for 4-5 days.  Went on to say 5-6 weeks recovery.  Time will tell, but he did say he wants to play again.  Good Luck Tep I'm cheering for you! 

 

It's being reported that Kevin Everett did move his fingers a bit today.  YEAH!!!  Let's hope he continues improving. 

 

Well it's been a long day.  Hope everyone enjoyed their Friday and has lots of good plans for the weekend. 

 

Hugs

~d

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna, Happy Birthday to your sister, I love Red Robin !!!!!!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I just noticed a Red Robin here too - wondered what the heck it was!  Now I guess I'll have to go check it out....although there will be no hockey talk!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Karen.   Red Robin has great hamburgers, but since I'm watching the weight right now I haven't gone in a long while.  Miss it:)  Maybe Hockey talk, if they have a TV at the bar.  I don't know.  Good Luck and again Happy Birthday to Karen.

Anonymous said...

I love Red Robin.  If you like bleu cheese, try their cobb salad something.  It's awesome ! Happy Birthday to your sister !!

Anonymous said...

Whenever I hear someone's birthday is in September I think of the poor mother being hugely pregnant in July and August heat.  Yikes!!

hugs,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,

What a lovely tag you made for your sister!  It's beautiful!  I hope she had a happy birthday.  How are you doing these days?  I hope the health issues in your family are all on the mend.  I also hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

What a pretty tag for you and you sister. Sounds as if you all had a great time. Happy Belated Birthfday to her! Helen

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGTOYOU)))))))))))))))))Enjoy your weekend.Thats like our family,every month is about covered with a bday.Happy Birthday Sister Karen.

Anonymous said...

Avery happy birthday Karen ,I can imagine what a lovely party you had ,nothing nicer than a family get together ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

That birthday feast sounded good!  Too bad about Tep, he is a young guy relatively speaking too for heart trouble.  Linda

Anonymous said...

A Very Happy Birthday to your sister, Karen...hope it was the best ever!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Yum, we have a Red Robin here.  My kids have gone quite often.  I finally got there this past summer.  LOL..I can't remember which burger I had but it was huge and delicious.  Megan's friend worked there and gave us a bottle of their spice.  Happy Birthday to your sister!  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your sister.  I love Red Robin!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

happy belated to your seeester lol ;)
ttyl
em

Anonymous said...

A very Happy Birthday to your sister. I'm glad you all enjoyed dinner. (((((Hugs))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

OMG... talk about your coincidences... we are going to a new Red Robin tonight!!!  LOL  Too funny!  Glad it was good...  lol  

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Hey lady, *hugs* It sounded like u had an exciitng start to the weekend ;) Yeah i can imagine with a big family like that theres always bdays to celebrate, lol. We have a big family too. It sounded like a great time you all had. I will have to check out that restaurants website. I never heard of it. Im sure they dont have one here though :( Hopefully someday. it soudns greta though yummy ;) It made my mouth water hee ;) Wow as far as the sports land goes. Sorry to hear that about one of your boys. From what ur saying i get both sides of it too. But i agree with you also that was pretty classless too. It sucks all the way around you know? Wow thats great news about Kevin too. I didnt hear that so thats awesome. Still keeping him in my prayers. Take care hun and have a good weekend! Oh and ty for the tag agian soo much. I was so happy u got both names to fit. U are truly awesome woman. Love yah!!! Leslie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your sister =)

Beautiful graphic!

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your sister.
It's so nice you all get along so well.
~C~

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Karen!  We love Red Robin.  But.  We have to drive 1 1/2 hours for one in MA or 3 hours to one in Maine.  Believe it or not ... I prefer the Maine Red Robin! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Belated Birthday wishes to Karen. Over here in Canada, we also have Red Robin Restaurants. Two are even close by our place. My favourite meal is either "clucks and fries", or the popcorn shrimp basket. Birthdays are always a great reason to get together with family. Hubby has free tickets to the football game tonight, and the girls are going to a concert next door, so it's a family night out, but in different arenas. Weather is still holding out, and it is quite pleasant in our little neck of the woods.
Always, Rose~*

Anonymous said...

I love Red Robin!  Whiskey River BBQ burger is my favorite.  Extra sauce please!  We had them when I lived in Oregon and they have just opened up in Tennessee too!
Traci

Anonymous said...

i have never heard of that restaurant but now  i want to go....burgers always sound good...glad that you all were together for your sisters bday....i am glad Kevin moved his fingers too!
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

i seen a commercial about red robin not to long ago i gotta go get something to eat now the antibiotics is putting a nasty taste in my mouth so i havent been eating.

Anonymous said...

    Happy birthday, Karen. And good luck with both Tep and Kevin Everett.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/Myway

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to Karen, I'm sure you all had a great time! Sorry it's a bit late. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

h