Monday, July 31, 2006

I think I can sleep

OMG!!  The day surely ended with a bang.  It was a completely uneventful all day.  I've been sitting on the computer doing some graphics and my sister went off to bed.  I was going to do a quick post to say good night and remind everyone to check out Vivian's Journal (see previous entry). 

 

I got up to use the powder room and when I came out, something whacked me in the head and scooted off.  It came from someplace in the back of the house and headed back in the same direction.  Scared the shit out of me!   I screamed and woke my sister up.  This was not a fly, a skeeter, or bug.  It was something much bigger but I wasn't sure if it was a bat or a bird.  My house is not that large and it's a flat.  How the hell did it get in my house???  There is no freakin holes in the screens large enough to let something like that in.  My sister and I were two characters.  She took the lead with the duster and I with a towel.  We swatted and swooped and lead him to the hallway.  It was most definitely a bird.  We got him in to the hallway and shut the doors only to realize that the front screen door was shut but the main wooden door was wide open. 

 

We sat and laughed and tried to get our hearts from jumping out of our chests.  It was in the high 80s today so both doors leading into our place were open.  I have to think the damn thing was in the basement and found it's way up and in our house without us seeing it.   How long was he flying around or perched in the back room?   YUCK!!!  

 

I called Steve as he should have been on his way home.  I wanted him to come by and open the screen door and see if it could get out.  If he didn't know already he does now.  His Mom is a whack job!!  It was a great idea but he is staying for some OT.  I snuck out and shut the basement door and opened the screen door to let it out if it was still in our hall or the upstairs hall.   We waited a good 10 minutes and then Karen and I made our way tothe hallway.  We had to shut and lock that door so we could go to bed.  We didn't see our visitor, so he is either back in the basement or found his way out. 

 

Now how the hell am I supposed to fall asleep?  My heart is racing and every time I think of the bird I laugh.  Or should I be scared.  You see not 5 minutes before all this happened I was emailing about the Twilight Zone music.  How spooky is that?

 

Ok I have to try and get some sleep.  I know the bird is not in my living quarters so I should be able to rest easy......   ::::spooky music playing as I log off:::::

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Donna! now that is scary!

love,natalie
ps I hope you are ok

Anonymous said...

wow Donna! now that is scary!

love,natalie
ps I hope you are ok

Anonymous said...

Well, I'll bet the birdie was as frightened as you were. Anyway, it's all over now so sleep tight.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

LOL...if you start drinking blood or have a hankering for men in dark capes let us know...then we will know for sure it wasn't a bat but a vampire...LOL..huggies...poor thing..TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I bet that bird was more scared than you! Hope you managed to get to sleep! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I can imagine you and your sister chasing that bird.  Hope he escaped back outdoors, it was probably so scared.  I had a bird come down the chimney once and I was all alone in the house for hours.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

What a funny entry!!!  I hope the bird got out!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Isn't the operative word: EEEEK!!!

Anonymous said...

definately it was ending the evening with a bang. I would of been terrified. hope it got out. (((hugs)))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

ROFL...D, I would be the same way.  I can't stand any type of critter in my house.  My daugther's cat killed a mouse in the basement last fall.  I was hopeless for weeks after that thinking I'd find more.  Love the tag!  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Well, I can just picture the two of you ... oh dear.... roflmbo!

Anonymous said...

Spoky music ,things that go bump in the night ...what did you say? ,its all in the timing ,lol .........Jan xx