Thursday, August 23, 2007

~ Beetle Juice.. Beetle Juice... Beetle Juice ~

DsDesignsBeetleJuice8-23-07.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


Not sure how many of you have had issues with Japanese Beetles this summer, but locally they are all over.  Driving around town you'll see the traps hanging in yards.  You may have seen them and not realized what they were.  My parents backyard was infested big time and they were killing the plants.  The put the bags/traps up and within hours they were full.  It was disgusting!!!  I've noticed plant life around that looked pretty gross.  At first it appeared to be lack of water, but upon inspection the leaves were eaten away. 

 

I was walking by the neighbors yard and noticed their grape vine on the fence was brown.  I walked over to look and was completely grossed out.  So what better way to show you what I saw then to get a picture.  LOL  Ok, I tried to pretty it up a bit.........   But you will notice the bunch of them on a leaf, or what is left of it.  Isn't that nasty?  I know it's part of nature and things come in waves.   A few years back it was lady bugs.  I just think it's sad that so much plant life is being killed.   There are bags up, but apparently it can't keep up with the number of beetles.

 

I got a couple mails over the past few days.  Guilty by association they tell me.  Apparently they are blocked from leaving comments in a journal because they come here and request my tags or leave comments.   Our journals, our prerogative as to who we allow to comment.  Completely understood.  This, though, does not surprise me one bit.  The whole fiasco of my troll began because I would not remove a comment from someone I barely knew but was disliked.  So sad that someone wants to dictate who you befriend or visit in JLand.  Like I said then, I don't want to play 4th grade games 'if you like me you won't be their friend' Whatever!  We can make our own choices, and if someone choose to block so be it.  If someone wants to allow, so be it.  It's the freaking Internet.  Funny thing though, apparently there have been comments left by an unknown name.  Really?  Imagine that since so many are blocked....  'You can't even leave your own srcreen name but hide behind another because you have neither backbone nor morals. You're as phony as a three dollar bill and everyone knows it.'   Now that is a concept.  Block them and then say they have no back bone, no morals, and are fake.  Or would that be me being accused?  Wouldn't be the first time.  Holy Shit!!!  Get over yourself, I have no interest.  Like a zit on the ass of a donkey, though painful at times, frustrating, and annoying.  I don't care that you are here or what you are doing.  Well, not exactly I wish I could chant some saying three times and have you go away and leave me out of your pitiful life.   Trust me, I tried to deal with this one on one, but email and comments have been blocked for almost a year.  Are they still?  I have no freaking clue..... see above.  I have no interest.  So take your whiny paranoid self off the pedestal.  I have no interest in your life, your journal, or you.  You have issues and trolls?  Look in the mirror because it sure the hell isn't me or anyone doing it for me.  Maybe those nice emails you send out?  Or because you block folks for childish reasons with no explanation?  Here's your sign!

 

Ok sorry about that, I'm back .............. Hope everyone is doing well on this Thursday.  I am, and I am looking forward to the weekend.  :::giggle:::  Can't say anything yet but I will soon.

 

Hugs

~d

 

beetle Juice, beetle juice, beetle juice  :::sigh::: oh how I wish that worked. 

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Donna I have never seen any Japanese Beetles!

Sorry you have to deal with such immature people ...some people need to grow up and move along with their life.

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

I guess the troll thing goes on alot.. I don't know and don't get invovled myself although for the life of me don't understand it myself...live and let live...I myself don't need the drama and sounds like you dont also lol
Donna In TEXAS
http://journals.aol.com/Lacaza3/sweepingthecobwebsofmymind/

Anonymous said...

We have those, but not as bad as last year....I will have to check out that link & see what you are talking about.

Michele

PS. Love the fall graphic...thank you ;)

Anonymous said...

ok, cool pictures, BUT - EW!  And of course with that title all I can see is Michael Keaton all dressed up - LOL.  I often wonder about the whole internet drama.  Last time I checked this is just the internet, right?  And like you said, we're all entitled to our own opinions.  What kind of people take this stuff that seriously? Hmmm, makes you wonder, doesn't it??

Anonymous said...

THE beetles are really cute. dang & i thought i had a boring life.LOL

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, so very much. i've only had a journal since 1st of june & lots of little (so little) things to learn. guess i'll let it ride & try to remember that.thanks again . love all these tags & pics

Anonymous said...

hmmm wonder if Jland General store has some Troll traps, lol. So sorry your still getting those darn emails from that troll. They definately do not have a life. And ewwwww bugs, they are ugly, yuck. (((((((hugs))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

OMG... it never freakin' ends with that one!  UGH!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Urrrrrrrrr I hate creepies of any kind Donna.Especially when we get flipping epedemics of them.Luckily this year we havn't had much at all in the garden pests.Nor have we had the usual tiny black fly which often hangs around the beach some yrs.Yeeeeeh.I am happy at that.Sorry these critters as you call them are doing so much damage.I hope the BIG BABY critter goes away soon too,they have had enough warning.Hang some traps in your mail box. LOL!!The graphic you made is wonderful.Urrrrrrrr I'm off they are making me feel itchy Haaa.Take Care God Bless Have a great Friday.Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Now those bugs have grossed me out for the week...UGH!!!!
I have never seen so many together....Hope your friday is wonderful!
Peace
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

aww i hate everyone who said they hate those beetles. anyway i think they are cute i dont see them around here but where my dad lives in jersey is a few i seen alot of traps for them...but i always ask..who was here first are they invading where we live or are we invading where they were first?

Anonymous said...

The little parasites who troll around J-Land are almost as bad as those Japanese beetles!  I' ve blocked so many over the years and new ones keep popping up.  SIGH

hugs,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Seems like you are still being plagued by all sorts of unpleasant insects ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Ewww!!  Not the nicest thought first thing in the morning!!  I'm just not crazy about creepy, crawly bugs!!  Especially an infestation of them!  Maybe I've seen too many 50's movies!!  LOL.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I have spent so much money on those beetle bags this year...........
and they got full in an hours time,also.But the darn things would chew a hole in the bag sometimes before I could get it disposed of  and they escaped.
I had one chewed by a critter of some sort  during the night and the ground had the darn things all over the place.
Trolls-hmmm,good word...and phony as a $3.00 bill is another good one,since they  had to come out with a $2.00 bill so we can't say phony as a $2.00 bill anymore,LOL..
I get so mad at those darn beetles chewing at my leaves..when I want to take pix of the butterflies(I know they are bugs too...BUT) the darn things would be on the butterfly bushes and I knock them off to get a PRETTY shot of the butterflies....

Anonymous said...

I've never seen bugs like these before.  They look a bit like a ladybird without spots.  They certainly have a voracious appetite and I wouldn't want them in their millions in my garden!  NO way!
I'm sorry you have a 'troll' pestering you.  
Our journals are 'OUR' journals.  Take them or leave them they are an expression of ourselves.  Why should others think to influence that?
I come here because I enjoy reading about your daily life.  I would have thought those who read your journal were like minded in that way.  How sad someone feels they have to try to manipulate and control what you say, do or think.
Freedom of speech and power to your thoughts are wished for you...as for butterflies...I am sitting watching them laying their eggs on my plants so that their caterpillars can munch  'SOME' of their leaves.  Not much to pay really for seeing their delicate beauty. Is it?
Have a lovely weekend.
Take care
Jeanie   xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

D, you must remember she is a child.  Maybe not in age but by actions.  Delusional in thinking everyone is out to get her or even cares.  Attention getting at it's best.  Folks seem to know and understand and have gravitated away from the unbalanced behavior.  I laughed at all her big words yet she claims she had no idea what SSI was.  Take about phony!  I'm sorry she has taken her hate for you out on others.  

Those damn beetles are here too!!  

Anonymous said...

They are who they are and they do what they do ~ A sad part is, they don't realize nobody cares! You amaze me - how you can take something so creepy and make it beautiful! Enjoy your day, but more importantly enjoy being YOU!  Hope your Friday is a happy one!
Katie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Pot calling the kettle black I tell you!

You phony?  At least we know you exist, for all we know she's an overweight retired English teacher who is afraid to make graphics as a man so he poses as a woman!  I'd be embarrased to claim her work as my own though, too.  Talk about carbon copy crap!  No originality, but I guess that's what happens when you don't really have a true identity!

And if anyone reads this, it's ME that she didn't want Donna talking to and I don't care if anyone knows it!

Anonymous said...

I saw my first Japanese beetle in abut 5 years yesterday.  I remember growing up they were all over the place --a regular part of summer.  Then I moved to other areas (Canada, TN) and forgot all about them.  I saw the little beetle and picked him up, filled with nostalgia.  "Hello, little fellow," I said, "Where did YOU come from?"  Apparently he came from your house.  LOL.   Shall I send him home?
PS: I don't get trolls.  Are they like lice or something?

Anonymous said...

Donna,
Sorry to hear of the beetle crisis - are they new to the States?
Just ignore the troll - rod, line and sinker. That's probably the best, some people thrive on attention.

Anonymous said...

Wow about the beetles, eww, lol. There ugly but Donna hun u can capture the ugly pretty hee ;) Cool pics for real. I never heard of those things either. Its unreal what they can do to all the plants. What a shame they have done to ur parents plants woww. Awful hun. Geez im not surprised at all about the troll. We all know who she is. Im sure shes reading too cause she has nothing better to do. It doesnt cease to amaze me. U know i went thru this with her not too long ago. I mean she put up this front shes so nice and kind will make u all these tags. Then deletes u like u mean nothing just cause heaven forbid, *gasp* We comment in ur journal. I mean she is downright immature and needs to get over herself. She totally copies off ur tags, isnt original. I mean every1 about sees it, lol. Sorry didnt mean to go off. But i admit im still ticked she blocked me like that for no reason. Really sad really. She wonders why she has other harassing her or whatever or no1 wants anything to do with her. *rolls eyes* Anyway we all know whos the better and bigger person in all this. Thru all that i made a good online friend, u of coruse ;) Its just a shame she keeps doign this to ppl. Take care hun and ttys! Have a great weekend ;) *hugs, Leslie

Anonymous said...

I've heard that the bags cause more to come because it sends out a scent they like.  It's been way too dry for them to bother us this year in Tennessee.
Trolls are silly little high school wanna bes!
Traci

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

We had these nasty, disgusting bugs in June...last year and this one!  The completely killed our neighbor's Japanese Maple tree!  : (

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Your troll just will not go away...i often wonder if these people work or clean or do anything other than go around thinking up bad shit for others.....i mean, i have had my own huge thing in J land but YOU MOVE ON...NO ONE IS PERFECT...and to argue over tags? Jesus.
I love your tags....always have, always will. I would never hide behind some damn new screen name.....your troll is crazy....now i know what you were talking about in the other entries..i am reading backwards....i love your attitude about it all.
Japanese beetles are terrible....they have many write ups here about them.
LOVE, lj

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Lets have  blow up a troll party, that will get all the troll lovers going huh?
I say just delete and block!
Write what you want, we are behind you all the way.
Gaz xxx

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))Have a nice week.

Anonymous said...

Grrrrrrrrrr.  I just don't get why, although I know it happens with some folks, that people just can't leave others alone and enjoy their own life.  

Anonymous said...

WOW............ They are certainly different....... we haven't had them yet in the UK...... as much as i love you...... i think i will let you keep these ones   :o))

Sorry to hear about your ' trolls' again.............. maybe we should embalm them and torture them like vodoo dolls ???    owwww we could have so much fun playing with their hair.
hugs Jayne