Saturday, August 25, 2007

~ Saturday in the Park ~

DsDesignsSaturdayinthePark.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


Good Day!  We never got the rain last night, or the storm.  Not at my house anyway.  I am sure with the way things blew in someone nearby got it.   I went to bed with my head at the opposite end of my bed right below the window.  A steady breeze came in but nothing like the burst earlier.  It was pleasant and definitely helped me sleep with all that humidity.  Michigan had some wild weather last night, even had tornado's.  Bizarre weather every place!!!!  Hope everyone is safe.

 

Today I got up and did some reading while sipping away on my coffee.  MMMMmm  my sister was up before I, so the smell of it brewing was a nice gentle coax to get out of bed.  I did some running earlier to get the fixings for a taco dip.  My family loves it!!  More on the reasons behind that later... SHHHHHHhhhh

 

I was hoping to get my errands and laundry done so I could go float in my parents pool before the rain, but not sure I'm going to make it.  I took my camera with me in hopes of getting the geese.  As you see, I was successful in this run.  No where near as many, but I bet they will arrive throughout the day.  Even with the rain we've been getting you can see how parched the grass is.  It's so dry and hard that when it rains it settles in puddles then runs off or evaporates.  No time to seep into the ground. 

 

                  DsDesignsRoseRainBeauty.gif picture by 55hockeyfan

 

While waiting to change loads I put it together in a scrap.  I also did the peach/orange rose as a snag.  I added the rain as I thought it was a nice touch.  I originally had it on white, but the black makes it pop.  I may have to play with it again and make it bloom.  Some may not remember that graphic from way back when, but it's time to do another, yes?  LOL

 

Taco Dip...  for those interested

 

8 oz pckg of Philly cream cheese

1lb container of sour cream

pack of taco seasoning (any will do)

lettuce

shredded cheese

thick and chunky salsa (any will do)

chips

any other goodies (peppers, black olives, etc)

 

Soften cream cheese and mix with package of taco seasoning and sour cream.  Spread along bottom of dish.  Put in fridge to get it firm again.  Don't get the cream cheese to a liquid state just soft so you can mix.  Layer salsa, other goodies of your choosing, lettuce and cheese on top. 

 

If you are making it ahead of time wait to do lettuce and cheese.  The lettuce will make it runny.  In today's batch I will also be adding ground beef seasoned with another pack of taco seasoning.  Play with it... it will be hit I promise!  I also by the scoop chips... get more bang for the buck.  LOL

 

Well, off to finish that dish up and get moving........  stay away rain!  LOL  Hope everyone is having agreat Saturday

 

Hugs

~d

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum now my mouth is watering...

Anonymous said...

That peach rose is gorgeous!!  
The humidity here has been horrible too...heat index in the 110 to 120 range.  Yesterday it was 98 degrees here, but it felt about 200.  LOL  

I copied and pasted the taco dip recipe to myself.  
It'll be good for football game nights!  :)

I'm such a hardcore WVU fan...we always make game days fun.  

Anyway, hope you have a good weekend!

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Yum, that dip sounds SO good!  I sure am getting tired of all this rain....could it have not spaced itself out a little better this summer?!

Anonymous said...

The rose is delightful and your dip sounds yummy ,one to try ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

This is the first time a i HAVE BEEN HERE TO COMMENT  Love your page!!  Had to tell you the dip recipie, my son, who has since passed on, had a care giver several years ago who made that dip and my son plus everyone who tasted it  loved it. Thank you for letting me drop by.   Lucille

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!  We had such a storm last night -- thunder, lightning, the works (Central FL).  That taco dip sounds yummy.  Hope you're having a great weekend.  Later, Linda

Anonymous said...

Love the rose tag ....of course I snagged it!!

Going to try the salsa dip next time I stop at the grocery store ..sounds yummy.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Guess what dip I'm making for Rebecca's birthday birthday? LOL Yep Taco Dip. I am sitting here drooling. It sounds delicious. TY for sharing your recipe. ((((((hugs)))))))))
Love,
Cindy now starving, lol

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that recipe!  Looks really good.  
Traci

Anonymous said...

I love making taco dip such as this for get-togethers.  It's my absolute favorite!  (and weakness, cuz I can't stay away from it!)

Pretty graphic and photos of the geese!  Glad you enjoyed your day!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

I snagged your Tag and your recipe too.  

Thank you.  

Jeanie   xxx

Anonymous said...

I love taco dip...what gorgeous flowers too! I am so glad you had such a good day.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

Yowsa, you do a blooming flower?  I don't remember that.  I'm glad I scrolled down.  I had that taco dip recipe stuck in with my coupons and lost it.  I need it for a picnic in a couple of weeks and was going crazy...lol.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Hey hun as i said im playing catch up, lol. I thoguht the troll bumper sticker was all in good fun. I cant believe ppl got upset over that. I mean shoot Donna this is ur j. If they got offened then maybe they are trolls, lol. Or they just dont have a sense of humor i dont know, *sigh* But of ppl dont like it the red x is up there i just dont get ppl. Anyhow looks like most ppl are behind u and thought it was humorus. I loved the snags of course i snagged them ty. Sounds like u had  a pretty good Sat.  It sounds like u had a relaxing am, then had some errands to attend to. Then u made some yummy taco dip. Mmm i will for sure try this recipe. I love it. I have one too actually its diff but really good too :) I love the orange rose scrap tag is gorgeous very beautiful hun. Agian so happy u had a good day :) off to read more ;) *hugs, Leslie

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, need to make a note of that recipe........ Sounds pretty good to me.
Gaz x

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

we have alot of those geese around here when they knocked some of the houses down and alot of grass grew in place they started flocking to our neighborhood i ran through them as a dare and ran back as i thought a few was chasing me lol.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((99HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))Is the graffic at the end a snag?I dont want to snag it if it isnt.We had a nasty storm here last night,the lights blincked on and off,that was it.But we sure needed the rain.I love your above pic.I know that it isnt a snag.   :)

Anonymous said...

hehehehe that taco dip is too die for, so addicting.  Glad the storm didn't pass by your house heard it was nasty.

Anonymous said...

One of our favorite party dips!  Nice snag! Love the colors.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tag....thank you

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....now i feel hungry looking at the recipe...... better not even think about it at 1.51am....lol

hugs Jayne