Saturday, August 4, 2007

~ Dream State ~

DsDesignsDreamState.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


I'm feeling a bit better.  That was just the oddest feeling ever!  I know eating fresh fruit is good for you, but you need to eat something else too.  LOL  The last couple of days that has been my diet.  I absolutely love fresh fruit salad.  Peaches, pineapple, watermelon, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, honey dew.  YUM!!  They say five for five.  LMAO...  I don't think that is what they meant.  I had the salad for lunch on Thursday, and then a light dinner of a sandwich.  Friday it was my lunch with crackers, and dinner.  Then this morning I finished off the bowl for breakfast about 11.  I was in the middle of doing laundry and all was good until I started back up the stairs.  I felt light headed and started to shake.  I sat my ass down on the steps and put my head between my knees.  My Mom taught me that trick.  Not sure how or why that gets rid of the dizziness, but it does.  I felt good enough to come up the stairs but I just wasn't right.  I felt like I was having a panic or anxiety attack.  Wouldn't really know as I don't experience them, but that is what I imagine it would feel like.  I felt like I couldn't breath or move, yet everything was twitching.  Then, of course, fear sets in making it even worse.   I tried to do an entry to calm myself but I couldn't focus. 

 

I was honestly feeling it was my sugar out of whack so I got some bread thinking carbs would help absorb things.  I ate 3 slices of bread and had milk.  Milk?  OMG!  I never drink milk unless I have chocolate cake or brownies, but I thought it would help.  I went and laid in bed.  I put my head near the window so I could feel the breeze across my face in hopes that it would help me get my breath back.  I laid there scared to close my eyes.  I thought for sure if I fell asleep I wouldn't wake up.  I did eventually calm down and closed my eyes.  I could hear the cars driving by and every few seconds I could feel the air across my face.  I didn't think I fell asleep, and didn't seem like much time had passed when I got horrible scent.  It made my stomach flip, and I felt like I was going to toss my cookies.  I couldn't open my eyes and I couldn't move.  My legs felt like they weighed a thousand pounds.  The smell was getting worse and the rumble in my head sounded like I was at a NASCAR race.  Then I heard a horn.  It was then I realized I had fallen asleep.  I have no idea what I was dreaming but the guy next door was working on his car.  The smell was that of gas and exhaust as he revved his engine.  GRRRRRRRR   I have no idea why I couldn't move.  Probably because I wasn't really awake, but in a dream state.  

 

I turned my head from the window and stayed put for a minute.  I wanted to see how I was feeling.  I seemed to be doing much better then earlier.  When I looked at my clock an hour had passed.  It felt like about 10 minutes.  I got up and cautiously walked around the house.  I was feeling better, but I was not sure of myself.  I was suppose to go shopping to get some things for tomorrow but decided I best stay put.  I didn't want that to happen again while I was driving.  I fixed some mashed potatoes thinking more carbs would be good.  LOL  Nice excuse, eh?  Yes I did have some hamburger too.  No fruit!  I feel better, just a little unsure of myself if that makes sense.  Almost 'foggy' but wide awake. 

I'm hoping to drift off to a sound sleep and feel 100% tomorrow. 

 

My sister decided to have a little get together at the cottage tomorrow.  Hot dogs and burgers on the grill.  I am supposed to drive my parents and my sister.  I'm hoping to get up early, get the shopping done for a taco dip and be able to get out there.  Time will tell.  I hate to miss it, to let others down, but I don't want to do something my body can't handle.  Funny though, not even sure it's my body.  I think I'm just emotionally spent and I think all the natural sugar just got things out of whack.  We can hope, right? 

 

I hope everyone had a great Saturday and wish you all a great Sunday!

 

Hugs

~d

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, i HOPE you have learned your lesson young lady!  (and next time, protein, PROTEIN, peanut butter, cheese!)

Anonymous said...

MAYBE you should get a checkup...get your sugar checked....it cant hurt and it may help.....you may have had an insulin reaction.....tomorrow you need a nice big cheeseburger......i want my D happy and healthy!
XO lj

Anonymous said...

well Im glad your better and yeah eveyrone needs a little bread and protien now and then. sure nuff.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hope you continue to feel better. Maybe you should get checked!
Have a nice Sunday.
Sug

Anonymous said...

D, I'm glad you're feeling better.  If this does not go away please get it checked out.  A one time occurrence is not something to get to worried about, but don't mess with it either.   Have a big breakfast when you get up and get yourself started out properly.  If I can do something give me a shout.

Anonymous said...

D I am glad that you are doing better later in the day. Maybe you really just needed a day to relax and have a day to yourself. Keep us up on how you are feeling. I bet it is several things all together. Emotional, stress, physical. You have been going and going these last few weeks. Get well soon!
Amanda

Anonymous said...

You might want to schedule a blood sugar test.  I've had one and it's pretty easy.  You just can't eat anything for at least 8 hours before taking it.  (that was hard for a chronic muncher like me!)

xx
Russ

Anonymous said...

I don't think it was the fruit salad, it could have been lack of food in general. Glad to read you are feeling much better now though. Keep eating the fruit ;-), but Eat something else too ok?
Nurse Gaz xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hope you are better today Donna ...if not you should schedule an appointment with your doctor.

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

Donna
I'm glad you are feeling a bit beter now.  That was a scarry incident, for sure. I'm not a doctor, but I agree with several of the other commenters that your blood sugar level may have been out of whack.  That does not mean you are diabetic or hypoglycemic.  It may have just been a hypoglycemic incident that was rectified with the additional food intake.  I'll bet you feel much better this morning, at least I hope you do.  Hping you have a great day and that you get to go to the family outing.
Sam

Anonymous said...

hope you are feeling better this morning and you get to go to the family outing.  i love your photos and the way you scrapbook em.  pretty cool.
gina

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better today. I might be a good idea to get yourself checked out by a DR. It could be blood sugar or it could be vertigo. That will make you feel all spaced out, dizzy headed and make you not be able to concentrate, a very weird feeling. A doctor can tell for sure if he runs some blood work. Helen

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling back to your normal self today, Donna

Anonymous said...

It could be an isolated attack of knocking the sugar out of whack but...lol...D, don't replace the sugar with carbs because they are a "no-no" also and would aggravate the sugar levels.  I'm not sure what my mom uses to reduce a sugar high.  It does sound like you had a super duper anxiety attack on top of it all.  I've had many of those in years gone by.  They are the pits, and you do feel exactly what you were feeling.  It was probably a mixture.  Your sugar woes could have caused you to hyperventilate out of fear and spurred a huge anxiety attack.  I agree with the others that I would get your glucose levels tested.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Worried about you and these dizzy spells.  Please be careful, stairs and driving.  Sounds like you are going to have a great time at the cottage...enjoy!!!!  Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I had an experience somewhat like that. I actually had my girlfriend take me to see my doctor..My blood pressure was verrry low. It hasn't happened since. It was very scarey. So, I can imagine how you felt.  Hope you're feeling better today.
Sheri

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Cut down on the fruit. And if this happens again I would go see the doctor. My MIL is an RN for 48 yrs. She says putting your head down on knees when dizzy lets blood flow back to brain. Take care. (((((((((Hugs))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'll bet that was scary! I agree with some of the others, although it was probably related to the fruit, if it happens again I would at least get a check-up! Hope you are feeling better now, it would be a shame to miss the get-together.

Anonymous said...

D-I have low blood sugar and that happens to me every so often...I do hope you get to feeling better...

Michele

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but if you haven't seen a doctor, please do!

Fruit is good..but whoa!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Donna, that trip you had yesterday did not sound right to me. Would suggest you make an appointment with your family physcian as soon as possible. He could make a better diagnosis than you ro I can. Just Do It, Bill

Anonymous said...

What a horrible thing to go through.  It does sound a lot like a panic attack.  Hope you are back to normal now.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Guess I should have read the other responses before I put in my two cents. Seems like quite a number of the responses mention a Doctor visit. Just Do It! Bill

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

HAVE YOU HAD YOUR SUGAR CHECKED?
LOVE YA,CARLENE

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

you have to eat right. I got sick once because all i ate was one thing the whole day then like u i got dizzy and shakey and when i did eat i wanted to puke.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I have been having these attacks too ,you need to get some rest ,I do hope you feel better soon ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

D, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.  It's no fun not feeling right.  If it happens again promise us you'll go get checked out.  

Anonymous said...

Awwwww D ....sorry to hear that you were not feeling too good. I have those all the time.... evil things, wouldn't wish them on anyone.

Get some rest and take care
hugs Jayne