Monday, August 13, 2007

~ Sharing ... some may find it cool ~

:::waving::: Hi folks!!!  I've had several comments and emails regarding my scrap layouts, what I use, how I do it, etc.   I've been using PSP (Paint Shop Pro) and digital scrap booking kits.  I mix and match, colorize, and use what I think looks best with the pictures I want to use.  Mostly I do them so they can be printed out, especially the ones of the kids.  Can you say taking out a loan for ink cartridges?

 

Well, awhile back I came across a site when I was looking to do video's.  Never used it, but this morning it popped up again.  Tracy over at LatteDah has used the same exact program.  I decided to play with it tonight and see what it's like.  Let me tell you it is awesome!!  I only played for a second and basically threw this together with not much thought, as an example for you.  It was so easy.  It is free,  you have to download, but once you do you have 100's of layouts to pick from, topics, and themes.  If you're looking for something different and want to add a 'little' more to your pictures check it out.  You won't be sorry.  Smilebox

 

Talking about emails and comments.  I can give only so much information on saving graphics and using them in your journals.  I did not design the lame layout of AOL, I just use it.  In my 14+ years on AOL I've learned work around's and quick fixes.  I've been journaling for a time and learned some here as well.  I don't know it all, and I surely can't guarantee my work around's will work for everyone.  Please don't email me nasty notes about how my directions don't work for you.  In the past few days I've gotten comments and mails regarding that entry.  Funny, 5 of them don't exist according to AOL, and not one of them have I seen before.  Sounds like someone is riding my case again.  But, just in case, I'm only trying to help.  If you have complaints about AOL send them to AOL, not me.  Please???  If you have trouble with my graphics, ask, I will do all I can to help.  I think I've been more the considerate when it comes to that.  I just can't fix it all.  I'm sorry. 

 

Hope everyone is having a good night.  I actually watched hockey tonight, and it was good :)  Talk about needing a fix.  LOL  It was a replay from a game last season and just made me realize how much I miss my boys.  Thirty some days left before the first preseason game. 

 

Have a great night!

 

Hugs

~d

    

 


32 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just now learning PSP and I love to scrapbook so I'll be using digital scrapbooking kits soon.  Thanks for the link to Smilebox.  That's pretty cool.
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good week!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I just downloaded Smilebox, and I can't wait to get started!  THANKS DONNA!! ;o)

::hug::

Chelle

Anonymous said...

sorry your being harrassed. i wish people just grow up.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm I never have any trouble with your graphics.  I will go check out the smilebox thingy...looks fun!  Thanks!

Anonymous said...

How kind you are to pass on all this info to people Donna.Your work is brilliant and I hope others find what you have introduced them to useful and no come backs to you like you have mentioned.I don't know how you all find time to do these things LOL.Theres not always enough hours in a day for me to follow my home other inrerest as well,and  posting and alerts etc LOL! Maybe one day? Take Care Have a great Tuesday God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I will have to give this smiley thing a try ....thanks for sharing all you help you give out Donna

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

Hi D, sorry I haven't commented for a while but I explained that in my email. This smiley video thingie looks fun thanks for the link. Love the pics of bug from your earlier posts by the way and hope all is well with you and yours.
Love
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Donna....I love all your help...

I will have to check out the Smilebox

Michele

Anonymous said...

With love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Cute, I tried to download it but it said something about a firewall or some such.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow thanks for shareing

Are you serious..... Youve been on aol for 14 years?!?!?! WOW.

Ive been on AOL since 2002 <g>

HAGD!

Christopher

http://journals.aol.com/cmarlow330/ChristophersJournal/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

That SmileBox thing is really really cool.  I like that.  And that's cute that you watched a rerun game cause you missed your boys.  awww..  Ryan was laughing at me the other day because I asked him if it was spring season for football. lol  Really he was LOLOL.  I always say the wrong things about sports. oh well.  Hope you are doing ok.  Love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I think I'm in love with smilebox!  In love.  Worth $5 a month!!!!
I finally figured out how to ad the animation finally!  So proud of myself.  I did my first animated graphic added into my journal last night!  Thank you for expanding my horizons!
Traci

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You're doing a great job, Donna, and people should stop shooting the messenger.

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna* Hugs* Great entry as always dear ;) Ty for the tip on the smilebox. I love it!1 it sounds really neat i was wondering how u do all those nice things with ur pics, those collages. I like the part that its free, hee, lol. I will definetly check out the site and download it, it sounds great. Ty for the heads up :) Lol i agree with what u said that u can only help so much and give out so much info. U didnt design how aol is ur right, lol. U do all u can hun, thats all u can do. U have been fab always telling ppl how to save ur graphics correctly its not that difficult, lol. Wow ppl have been emailing u nasty notes dang. I swear ppl need to grow up. Thats not right at all. How is that going to solve anything if there being rude to u? Wow ungrateful ppl, lol. Yeah it does sound like ur getting ppl who prob dont have aol or dont really know u and are causing trouble. Just roll it off ur back hun. Im glad u watched a old game of ur boys playing. I bet ur excited about the season starting. I know my hubby is all psyched his Packers just started well preseason, lol. Uggh there goes Monday nights now haa, lol. ttys hun, *hugs, Leslie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

PSP came with this Dell, what a pleasant surprise discovering all I could do!  Problem with ink cartirdges is you have to use them constantly or they have to be replaced - after taking out a 2nd mortgage!  I only just found Smilebox a few weeks back, what high-quality, enjoyable pix-shows!  And huge!  Also, "Slide" isn't bad either.  Thanks for another great entry Donna.  Stay sweet!  xoxo CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/    

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Wow... that is cool... thanks for sharing info about it.  Donna you are so kind and helpful, people are just idiots that send you negative comments about aol crap.  Ugh.

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

there are lots of whacko women in J Land with no jobs, lots of time to sit around and make up names and mess with nice people....i wish they'd leave you be! You have been very helpful with me when it comes to tags.
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

I love the Smilebox,D!  I did see it in Tracy's journal and thought it was great.  I may try to mess with it myself when I get some pics taken.  Hope you are enjoying a little peace and quiet.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Oh, darn, Donna!  I thought for sure you could help me fix my mixer, perhaps darn my bed spread and hopefully change that switch on my car A/C.  :-O  You've never been more than above patient with me re AOL, graphics, annimations, etc.  Some folks want everything done for them.  And then AOL .....well, bless their hearts, they still think that editing an entry doesn't send out another alert.  Wonder what ISP they use?!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I have seen smile box on Mrs M's blog. Cool huh? As for the $*^%$£" that send you rude note............ DELEATE!
Gaz xx

Anonymous said...

D, this looks to be a perfect solution for those looking.  I like yours better though.  As for the a$$holes who give you a hard time for helping them.  They do not know what they have in you.  Ignore them.

Anonymous said...

Oh cool something to play with thanks babe!!
Hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOu)))))))))))))))))))Thanks for the link.HAve a nice weekend.