Saturday, August 11, 2007

~ Natures Way ~

DsDesignsNaturesWay8-10-07.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


Afternoon folks!  I hope this Saturday finds you surrounded by great weather and happy times.  I did decide to go back to the cottage after work yesterday.  It was a marvelous time!  I probably got there about 6 in the evening.  After chatting and getting settled we had dinner and hung out at the gazebo talking, laughing, and sharing good times and memories.   The sky above us was clear and blue, but at the horizon it was cloudy.  I wonder if Canada was getting rain.  I was able to get some shots of the sun going down.  As it headed into the clouds it almost looked like ambers of a hot fire.  Not much of a reflection on the water, I will share some of those shots another time

 

The pinkish picture in the collage is early this morning.  I woke and saw this out the window.  I grabbed my camera and walked outside to get a shot.  I had mentioned earlier the lake is full of bays.  Two points off to the north heading back towards the city.  It was still somewhat dark and I couldn't pass up this view.  The others are various pictures from the grounds.  Sights of my week.......

 

Since day one of the visits this wood pile greeted us at the beach below and off to the right of the gazebo.  Everyone said there should be a flag at the top.  It was put together for a massive July 4th bonfire.  It never happened because of the rain that day, but it sat patiently waiting for the day... the night... the perfect moment.  It was decided that last evening was that time. 

 

                           DsDesignsFireWood.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 

The sky above was dark and clear.  Stars both large and small graced us with their beauty, the twinkling.  At some points it almost looked like wispy clouds dancing between the larger stars but a better examination revealed they were tiny masses of stars.  I tried to get a picture but it just wasn't going to happen.  

 

The owner of the property went down to start the fire.  After a little rearranging of the wood it was off with a blaze of glory.  The flames shot to the sky above.  The entire area was aglow.  We stayed at the gazebo and felt the warmth even at that distance.  As the flames danced in rhythm with the surf you could hear the crackle of the dried wood.   You can see the shadow of the guys, it gives you an idea of how big it really is.  Sorry for the babble in the background.  LOL  It's my sister and a couple others helping the rest of the kids get the chairs down to the beach.  The kids were going spend their evening closer.  Can you say HOT!?!?  LOL

 

It was a wonderful evening spent listening to the surf, the crackle of the fire and the company of my sister and her family.  Nothing beats it!  I hated to come home!!

 

Hugs

~d

 
                              

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

    As always, your photos are stunning.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

I love your photos. I am glad you enjoyed your time.
Amanda

Anonymous said...

I love the collage and that is certainly some bonfire.  Glad you had such a happy time.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

OH lov eth ebon fire cant wait till our next camping trip. the morning sky and all

Anonymous said...

I really love your photo collage ,the bonfire was impresive and what fun ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo's. I love sitting outside around a bonfire. So relaxing. ((((((hugs)))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had such a wonderful time ...always so jealous to hear what fun you and your family had!

Beautiful pictures and video ...thank you for sharing with us Donna

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

Loved the bon fire, it reminded me of one we had in the scouts sixty years ago. We built a raft and loaded it with fire wood. Took our canoes and pulled it out onto the lake and had a great camp fire with lot os singing and stories.
When you go to the lake which one is it.? I can't imagine Erie looking like that.
Bill

Anonymous said...

Great pics as always!  I'm really hating nature right now because we are stuck in a horrible heat wave here.  Yes...Mother Nature is really pissing me off at the moment.  :(

xx
Russ

Anonymous said...

great fire, great video and nice pics!
XO lj

Anonymous said...

Loved your fire reminds me of when we use to camp.
Take care, Chrissie
http://journals.aol.com/nay0114/almost-paradise-ii/

Anonymous said...

 Love bonfires.  The smell, the noice.  Thanks for sharing.

              Julie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

looks like a wonderful time i love bonfires and hanging out by the water :)
hope you have a happy sunday
Emily

Anonymous said...

I loved these pictures!  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

All the photo's look so tranquil. I would love to sit on a beach late at night and watch a fire like that.
Gaz

Anonymous said...

More beautiful photo's. ;-)
- Jessica

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Getting caught up.  Looks like a great time, so happy you enjoyed.  That is one helluva bon fire!