Sunday, August 26, 2007

~ Sunset ~

DsDesignsSunsetattheBurg.gif picture by 55hockeyfan


Isn't it absolutely beautiful?  Last night at the party my nephews girlfriend, Steph, was showing pictures from their stay up on the St. Lawrence River.  His family owns a camp right on the river and lots of time has been spent there through the years.  The sunsets have always been absolutely beautiful!  As a matter of fact I posted a picture looking across the river at sunset in my very first entry.  Somewhere along the lines I also posted one of my son and nephew in a row boat at sunset, a silhouette such as this.  Thanks for sending them to me Steph!!!  I can never get enough of that view :)

 

Today was spent doing a lot of thinking and wondering........ then I got an email from Dan :::waving::: thanks hon.  His mail was very sweet and then congratulated me on the number of 'hits' my journal had.  He was stating I was nearing the 40,000 mark.  Well since that mail I've gone over.  WOW!!  I know it's not completely accurate because many many times AOL reset itself.  When I put up site meter I went with what was on AOL at that point.  AOL also counts yourself as a hit each time you visit, do an entry, edit, whatever, so that number was never accurate.  Site meter gives me the option of not counting myself.  Anyway, Dan, your wonderful words did help and I so appreciate them.  Thank you!  I want to thank all my visitors, whether you comment or not, I so appreciate you stopping by.  I appreciate each and everyone of you that ask for a tag.  Thank you for understanding me, my quirks, my silliness, my sense of humor.  In good times and bad you've been there.  Your faith in me and support can be surpassed by no other.  Those of you who emailed me today regarding the nonsense, thank you.  I so appreciate the words of support and your genuine belief in me.  It's so nice to know that even though some do believe the bull shit, there are so many more that don't.  Makes it worth while, and it does restore some of the fun and the faith I have in folks realizing the truth. 

 

Still pondering and thinking, but all the wonderful words made my day that much better.  Hope everyone had a great weekend, and thanks again for making my Sunday end better then it started.

 

Hugs

~d

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, the good old days before you found the joys of playing with your pictures!  

Anonymous said...

yes....very beautiful.  i love sunsets, but when you see them over a body of water, they seem even more intense.  love the animation, too.
gina

Anonymous said...

That is a very pretty picture.  I had to stop looking at it though because I was getting sea sick.  LOL  Have a good Monday.

Allison

Anonymous said...

As I said before, we all love ya D........... Other other D can go jump over a cliff!
Gaz xx

Anonymous said...

I once read that "positive" people prefer sunrises -- while "negative" people prefer "sunsets.  I'm as negative as a person can get -- but I still love the sunrise.   (SShhhhhh.  Don't tell anybody!!!)

hugs,
Russ

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture Donna ...loved the effects too!

Hugs

Mari  ...if I could only be half as talented as you are

Anonymous said...

that is a beautiful sunset....you are an awesome person.
Love,lj

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!  Well, I get your sense of humor and love your entries!!  And it keeps me coming back for more!  Blessings!  Linda

Anonymous said...

What an incredible picture!  That one should be entered in a contest!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Back from vacation to get back into the swing of reading and commenting...and loved seeing this photo....so pretty.  I love sunsets like these. Wow, over 40,000   congratulations from me too!!!  Your great.  Have a beautiful week and thanks for all your comments in my vacation entries...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE REAL,That is what I like about you.if you are thinking Bite Me,that is what you say[print-whatever] Alot of people just put down in their journals what they think they SHOULD say or what SOUNDS good.Not you-you let it all hang out,and if it offends some then bye-bye,don't let the door hit--------^%$##!!
LOL
Have a good day and an even better nite......anyway......
connie

Anonymous said...

D, this picture is perfect to ponder on.  I did very little actually.  Stating the obvious is all.  Your little troll is around to make you unhappy and hope she does not succeed.  Her constant lies are nothing more and everyone has seen through it.  Those that haven't really have no clue it is you she is talking about.  If they did, they'd know.  Saying you are a violent person has got to be the most ridiculous thing in the world.  What were her words?  Not going to feed it?  As she once again accuses you of making up your life, and being violent.  Now that was funny and once again made it so obvious she is stalking your every entry.  I said it yesterday and I will say it again, you will be missed if you leave.  Her on the other hand, would go unnoticed.  Guess what, she knows it too.  Why do you think she gets such pleasure in this.  If you need to, go private but don't leave your friends.  Look around, they adore you.

Anonymous said...

I felt like I was in that boat!!!! The water is so real!
I agree about AOL not being accurate on hits...I switched last year on all my journals, much better!
Have a great week.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I remember well a night like this in the South of France near Nice.  The sea was luke warm and our suntans glowed as coppery as this sunset.
This is a lovely picture Donna.  I love the gentle swell of the water.
Niiiiiice!   (Sigh!)
Thank you.

Jeanie  xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/kirkbyj05/DaytoDayLifeintheLakes

Anonymous said...

"YOU" are the reason so many visit! Your words of encouragement and kindness, your wonderful spirit and awsome outlook and truths of the real world is what keeps us coming back! Thank you for all that you share especially who you really are - YOU! Hope your day brings with it lots of happiness! Take care,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Oh hun, *hugs* That was soo sweet :) the end of the entry i mean :) It really made my am. I am having a tough one so far, lol. 1st of all i loved the pic absoultely gorgeous :) Really stunning hun. I can imagine the sunsets there are perfect and beautiful. Thats neat ur nephews fam stay up there in a cabin so cool. I never been in a cabin. Or seen sunsets like that. Fl sunsets are gorgeous though too. Thats amazing though about ur hit count. 40000 woww. Im lucky i have over 5000, lmao. Then agian my j is on private i dont have many readers sadly. I need some more my way. Im just leary fo having mine public. I did yrs ago but ended up having too many probs. Donna the reasons u have ur j hit counter so high is because of the loyal readers u have. U have many. Many ppl adore u, respect u and admire u. Ur an amazing, beautiful woman. I take great joy getting to know u each entry and getting to know u better. U have always been so sweet & friendly. We all enjoy ur entries, ur great tag ofers and ur soh and qurkiness, lol. Anyway hun, take care and hope ur having a good Monday! *hugs, Leslie

Anonymous said...

I can't get enough of your journal.  It is just so wonderful.  Great pictures but mostly, You are what draws me back.
Lucille4364

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I love this picture!
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

Anonymous said...

Well done on crossing the 40k, Donna. Love the pic ...

Anonymous said...

aww man that is a wonderful view im so jealous.

Anonymous said...

40K  well done Donna Im not a bit surprised ,love all your entrys and graphics ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Did I miss something?  {{{{ Donna }}}}  Damn that troll...

prayers and hugs to you...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))Glad you had a good time.Awsome sunset.I sometiems pay attention to who gets the most comments and ect,I dont think I have been up ther eyet.LOL.Have a nice evening.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the amount of people that have read your journal and viewed your tags! That is amazing!!!! Also would like to say you tags are outstanding.
I may not stop by very often but all my friends in j~land i do think of everyday!
Thanks for stopping by my journal and leaving me a message it was lovely to hear from you! xkerryannex

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Does "steph" have a blog?

nancy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

{{{HUGS}}}  The Gremlins at it again?  Let me find my wand and I'll send them away!  Grrrr....

Beautiful picture and I went to check out the one in your first entry.  Just as lovely as this!  

Anonymous said...

I could just melt into this photograph...  

Congrats on the big numbers!  Very cool!

Chelle

Anonymous said...

wow, that is just beautiful. (((((((hugs)))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

<<<<<< packing suitcase as she types.......lol

I adore sunsets ....... they are just one of the most beautiful things to be seen
Thanks for sharing
hugs Jayne