Monday, August 20, 2007

~ Friends Forever ~

                    DsDesignsFriendsForever2.gif picture by 55hockeyfan


You guys amaze me!  I got home from work this evening and was brought to tears.  The support, sentiments, good thoughts, comments and emails touched my heart.  Thank you!  ::in my best Elvis voice:: thank you very much.  Ok, corny .....   I saw the topic for the artsy essay contest and I just started writing.  I think I went a bit off topic, but I wrote what came to mind, what was in my heart, in my soul and it felt good.   I was messing with this graphic and it got sillier as I went along, but I wanted to give you something.  Make you smile, and feel warm inside like you've all done for me.  Hope it works ::grin::  Snag it if you like.

 

It is August 20th, right?  Not Sept?  Oct?  OMG!!!  What happened to summer?  It rained today.  Nothing heavy, but big fat drops that splattered when they hit.  Normally a summer rain is nice.  It doesn't bother me when the temps are warm.  It's a cleansing feeling.  Not today.  It was cold!  Instead of seeing folks in summer outfits underneath brightly colored umbrellas you saw slickers.  Deep greens, browns, reds.  Hoods up as they huddled under the umbrella to stay dry.  BRRR  Looking at the leaves I could see color.  Nothing vibrant, but they are changing from the bright greens I've become accustomed to.  Fall is my favorite season.  I love the smell, crisp and clean nature is all I can come up with to describe it.  The leaves a little crispy as they blow across the lands.  You can almost smell the apples, the cider, the farm land as it's being harvested.  The bright blue sky with white fluffy clouds.  Sounds wonderful, doesn't it?  I thought so, but not yet.  Not in August!!   The closer it gets the closer hockey season is :::giggle::: 20 some days until the first preseason game.  That makes me happy... but I want a few more hot sunny days.

 

So Michael Vick took the plea.  He will be in court next week for sentencing.  His actions totally disgusted me.  I was appalled that anyone would think dog fighting would be ok.  When the story started to break months ago others were interviewed.  I was totally amazed at the reaction.  So many thought it to be no big deal.  WHAT!?!?  Good gawd what is wrong with that picture?   There is talk of fines, jail time, and his career being over.  Why am I not so confident?  Why do I think that even if he does go to jail there will be some NFL team that will pick him and sign him to some lucrative contract?  I am pretty sure everyone is disgusted by the act, what I am curious about is what do you think will happen.  Fine?  How much jail time, if any?  Will he play football again?  Not what you want to happen, but in reality what do you think will happen? 

 

Ok, I'm sitting here in my fuzzy bath robe, heavy slippers, and shivering.  I think I will be off to bed.  Climb under the covers and pull my quilt up around my chin.  LOL  Hope everyone had a great day and I hope your Tuesday is magical.

 

Squeeze  :::grin:::

~d

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't get my dander up about Vick! GRRRRRRR I say, GRRRRRR!
Lovely tag, as usual. :)
Sug

Anonymous said...

That was what was so awesome about your essay, Donna.  That it came from your heart and soul, speaking volumes.  

Vick is one sick man... That's all I can say about him.  

It's been so chilly here!  Like Fall!  Right now, it's..... 49 degrees!!  ::sigh::

Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Ya isnt he a great role model..? This world is a mess. Hope they stick it to him.
- Jessica

Anonymous said...

I'm honored to be your friend even though I have to slightly hate you for having some cool weather.  High 90's here in Hooterville!  :(

hugs,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Hot here...no sign of fall as of yet..hope you have a great week..Love the tag!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I hope our Tuesday is magical too Donna.You desrve it to be.Love the graphic.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand htttp://journals.ao.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I love fall as well. I can't wait either. On to the dog killer. There are people around here who don't think it was a big deal, because it is a part of the black culture. They are like who cares? Well, someone does. His co defendants got 12 years. I am hoping that he gets more. The Raiders have already expressed an interest in him if the Falcons release him. All of this makes me ill, however his endorsements are OVER, no one wants their company to be associated with a convicted felon or dog killer, hurts the company image. I just want him in jail ASAP. Tawnya

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone Donna ....I enjoy reading everything you write ....you make the person reading experience exactly what you actually did write about.

I am afraid some other NFL team will offer this idiot a contract ....he needs to spend a long time in jail ....how dare he do this to an innocent animal ...I have 3 puppies and they are treated like they were my own kids ...spoiled rotten!

He will not have any endorsements ....and IF he plays football again I am sure he will not be welcomed by the fans.

Hugs

Mari ....ps loved the tag too!

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone Donna ....I enjoy reading everything you write ....you make the person reading experience exactly what you actually did write about.

I am afraid some other NFL team will offer this idiot a contract ....he needs to spend a long time in jail ....how dare he do this to an innocent animal ...I have 3 puppies and they are treated like they were my own kids ...spoiled rotten!

He will not have any endorsements ....and IF he plays football again I am sure he will not be welcomed by the fans.

Hugs

Mari ....ps loved the tag too!

Anonymous said...

I know this weather is crazy!  I wore a jacket outside at my birthday dinner!  I think someone somewhere will pick Michael Vick back up because he means $$$$ to them.  They don't care about anything else and because he is notorious now more people may watch him!  Linda

Anonymous said...

We are having crazy weather again cold and wet ,I agree with you about the character who thinks dog fighting is OK I hope he gets what he deserves,though suspect he can afford a good lawyer ...so who knows ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I think he should do time and NOT be able to play football again EVER.

You have a great & wonderful day....

Michele

Anonymous said...

Wow, chilly weather in August?  I'm sorry but that does not compute!!  Of course, being in Central FL might have something to do with that!  I must admit I do miss the seasons and the beautiful fall colors but not enough to live north again (at least in the winter)!!  LOL.  As for Michael Vick, I must maintain some composure and not actually write what I'm thinking his punishment should be.  I'm sure the defense is going to argue and say he's been punished enough by not being able to play, losing his lucrative endorsements, ad nauseum.  He might get minimum jail time.  Anything they do to him is still going to be better than he did to those animals.  Ok, ok, I'll stop!  I know, don't get me started!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

My thoughts on Vick? He is a low life scum who uses dogs to make him even more money. What will happen to him? He'll be given jail time and it will be suspended, and he'll receive a fine. Another words they'll slap him on the wrist and tell him to be a good boy. And if a team wants him, I will not watch any games he is playing in. Raining here again. Day 3 of it. Gonna be heavy too. But they did say 90's were going to return. I didn't sleep with air conditioner last night, too cold. Have a great day and keep dry. ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I have noticed a different slant to the sun these past few days.  There is less strength in it too.  We haven't had a true summer with heat and sunshine here in the English Lakes.  We have had intermittent sunshine instead of 'sunshine with intermittent rain'.  Today is very cool with a watery weak sun and strong breezes.  It looks warm from my patio window but its pretty cool outside.  It has been all summer.  Gone this year are the heatwaves but someone did mention an Indian Summer for the autumn.  Roll on the autumn!  I need some waaaaaarmth!!
Budge over and share that duvet!    Lol!

Jeanie xx

Anonymous said...

Money talks, bullshit walks. He'll walk....easy time, low fine.
It is HOT in Ohio...muggy with huge thunderstorms. I could not see one inch in front of my car as i drove back from taking Chad to school. Gonna rain all week.
love you always,
lj

Anonymous said...

I hope they throw the book at Vick. I think it ought to be a severe punichment for the torture, cruelty and the merciless killing of those poor animals.
love ya,
carlene
ps.....I think we will have an early fall...but that may be my wishful thinking!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I did read yesterday's entry but sometimes words fail me because the writer has moved me so much.  You did that.  
Come to my house, you will warm up in a heart beat.  I'm pretty darn sure it is right around 90 degrees and it is 9:30 at night!  I didn't sign up for this!
Traci

Anonymous said...

     It seems to me that there is always some corporate bigwig that can set aside something as detestible as dog fighting in order to make that big buck. I have no doubt that Vick will be back to work once the NFL decides he did his due. Right.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

I agree so much with you about Michael Vick. People who abuse animals are disturbed individuals. I really don't understand why he would engage in such despicable behavior. It demonstrates such a callous disregard for life.--Sheria

Anonymous said...

and Vick should rot in hell!

Anonymous said...

Yes, you got me to smile, the graphic is cute.  You deserve the support, you've given so much of yourself without a peep.  You've helped so many here and have asked nothing in return.  You are a friend to so many.  Don't worry about summer, it isn't over it just took a break.

Anonymous said...

D, we love ya babe!
Gaz xxxx

Anonymous said...

Responding to your Michael Vick entry... what I think will happen.... I think he will be fined, and maybe some probation time... that's it!!!  Are we taking bets, I'll put down my paycheck on that one!!!  I sure hope I'm wrong, though!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Well the weather here in the Uk has not been much better even though they say we will have temps of 22 -23 this week...lol.

I dont know anything about the dog fighting case over there..... but it was odd beacuse the BBC just covered a case over here this week regarding American Pit Bulls and it involved an Irish Gaelic football player.......    
      'The BBC had contacted Finland regarding it's discoveries in April. The BBC itself had begun it's investigation after Gerard Cavlan, a football player from Northern Ireland, was convicted on charges related to dog fighting.'

What is wrong with these people.......... they get their kicks from watching animals tear each other apart............. Sick or what

Hugs Jayne