Sunday, August 19, 2007

~ Bring on the Day ~

        DsDesignsBringontheDay.gif picture by 55hockeyfan


Ok, so it's after 3 in the afternoon, probably not the best title for an entry now, eh?  LOL  I'm just moving a bit slow today.  No, I'm not hung over, but I am a bit tired.  Hmmm, ok, real tired! 

 

Yesterday was the bomb!  I had such a blast.  We decided to save on parking space so my sister and her husband picked me up.  I walked out to the car and my sister said no one would recognize me.  I looked at her a bit funny as I really haven't changed a ton.  Or so I'm told.  Only difference was I straightened my hair.  She laughed and said, 'no I meant you don't have your camera.'   Ahhh didn't matter much as those folks don't know of my new addiction.  We laughed.  I just didn't feel like having it hang around my neck all day.  Besides, I wasn't even sure who would be there.  Without knowing, I didn't want to be bothered. 

 

We pulled into the parking lot and having one car was definite score.  The parking lot was jam packed!  We were amazed, and giggled ever so slightly with anticipation.  We headed to the gate, the whole while hearing the music of the band in the distance.  I'll fess up.  It was loud and really wasn't that far off, how could you not hear it!  And guess what.  I knew the songs playing!  LOL  I knew all the words, knew the beat, and definitely didn't feel old for a change.  That quickly changed.  We paid to get in and scoped the place out.  Damn, I don't remember so many out of shape grey haired men hanging out at the bar.  Oh wait, that was almost 30 years ago.  OUCH!  I am old!!

 

We headed over to an empty picnic table and got comfy.  Along the way we saw familiar faces.  Not always remembering the names, but the faces we knew.  It didn't take long before I found folks I knew.  It was great to talk of the good 'ole days.  Get caught up on how life had unfolded for each of us.  Laughing and tears.  Exchanging phone numbers so we could keep in touch.

 

I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't more folks from my 'generation' of hanging at the bar.  Don't get me wrong, I had a blast and knew a lot of people, just not who I expected.  So many of my older brother and sister's friends were there.  At one point, as I talked to my sisters in walked the hottest guy ever.  LMAO  When I was younger he played baseball with my brother and that crew.  Back then I was in love.  I'd go to the games just to see him.  My heart would flutter, the palm of my hands would sweat.  He was always pleasant and always talked, but I was so and so's little sister.  A baby in comparison.   Some things never change!  :::giggle:::  He looked no different.  A few crows feet around the eyes, but he didn't look to age at all.  How could that be?  DAMNIT!  (there's one for you Russ... LOL  Running into someone after 30 years and finding they haven't aged a bit but everyone else did)  I looked at my sisters and said, 'he is still a hottie tottie!'   They agreed.  Damnit!  He's married  and I'm still so and so's little sister :)~

 

The bands were great.  After all these years they hadn't lost a beat.  I had to put my glasses on so I could see them up on stage.  I wanted to see if they were still the same guys.  Yeap they were.  Some had come in from out of town just for the occasion.  They played so many of the songs they use to play.  Made us all forget we have aches and pains, we need glasses to see, and we have children the same age we were when we first met.  Talk about memories!  Good memories.  Fun memories.  One's you don't ever want to lose.  The day was long, but so much fun.  I hope they do it again without waiting another 30 years. 

 

I was going to do an entry when I got home, but I just didn't have the energy or pazzaz.  Like I said, I'm old.  LOL  I do hope everyone had a great Saturday.   Oh and don't forget the JLand chat is in about 45 minutes.  Hope to see you there.  Guido has a link for the chat room................. 

 

Hugs

~d

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you had a blast.

Anonymous said...

So pleased you had such a good night ,and your not old, prime of life, enjoy it ...love Jan xxx

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time! {{}}
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had a good time and got to see a lot of people you knew. Helen

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time yesterday!  There's something always so special about connecting with old friends and good memories.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun.  Once a hottie, almost always a hottie.

            Julie

Anonymous said...

I can hear the song 'memories'  {in my puny head-that is}
..sweeten thru the ages just like wine....
It had to be nice to all be together like that,"electric" even!!!
Smiles and Hugs
~connie~

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you had this opportunity ~ I miss the Good Ol' Days and it's music! Hope your tomorrow brings with it some smiles!
Katie

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((9HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))I am so glad you had a greta time,darn,Hes married.To bad.LOL.All the cute ones usllay are.HAve a good week.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time.

Michele

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun.  You never know it may have been the 1st annual.  You know I can't do the chat, no AOL software, but I'm sure you all will have fun.  

Anonymous said...

You are most definatly not old!!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great time!  Sounds like fun!
Traci

Anonymous said...

    Sorry about the chat. I forgot. Glad you had fun at your reunion. I missed all my class reunions so far. Classmates.com had photos from the last online. Talk about gray, fat and balding. And those were the chicks. Wow. Age hurts in more ways than one.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

i am so glad you went and enjoyed your time!!! GREAT!  
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun! I'm assuming this is a high school reunion? I've been behind in reading journals...so I need to catch up.
We're having our 30th reunion in October. Should be interesting.
Pam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time!
Sorry I haven't been around much
lately...just needed a break ya know... =)

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you had a great time. ((((((Hugs))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

LOL, That made me laugh so much. I love the fact you had to put your glasses on to see anything!
Gaz xx

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh Donna, glasses to see the band?  I know you weren't that far away. LMAO!!!

Glad you had fun.  It is strange how all those guys get gray hair, you know?