Sunday, August 5, 2007

~ Sepia Sunday ~

DsDesignsLakeSepiaTone8-5-07.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


:::waving:::  Hi folks!  Today was wonderful!  It started out pretty warm and sunny.  I got my parents and we headed to the beach cottage.  Ohhh Maan it was beautiful!  A view that would make anyone feel better.   The yard was rather large and between the two houses was a gazebo looking out over the water.  You went down about 15 steps to the beach. 

 

The haze had set in by the time we got there and it sprinkled a bit off and on, but not enough rain to spoil the fun.  It stayed very warm, but the breeze off the water was delightful.   Hmmm... except for the occasional smell of fish and seaweed.  We ate like pigs.  Talked, played games, and I took pictures.  Surprised?  LOL  Some of the kids went out on the boat, but no one really went in the water.  I got my feet wet when I went down with 'bug.'   It was like bath water! 

 

I took a ton of pictures, but just didn't have the energy to go through them all.  I made these sepia tone to go with the scrap items.  When I have more time you will most definitely see them in color!  The grounds were gorgeous and I did get some nice shots of the gardens and 'bug' playing.   One she is sitting at the base of a tree.  Wait until you see the size of the trunk!  No sunset, the clouds were pretty heavy and nothing was peeking out.  Yet I did get this one earlier with the rays shining down and the water in the distance glowing.

 

I am going back out on Tuesday.  Steve will join me as he has off.  Well, he works 11 pm-7 am Monday and Tuesday night.  He thought a few hours sleep when he gets home and then a trip to the cottage for the day and dinner.  His girlfriend will meet us there after work and hangout a bit before getting him home for a nap before his shift.  They are calling for rain, but hopefully it will be a good day. 

 

I felt great today.  I want to send my thanks to each of you.  I know bread is a carb, and the end result is sugar, but I thought it would soak up the natural juice/sugar that was the only thing I put in my system for a couple days.  I could have made a big beefy burger but I didn't feel up to it the time.  Bread and milk did do the trick.  It took a bit, but by the end of the day I was fine.  And, yes I did eat a full meal for dinner.  Rest assured if this becomes a habit or even happens once more I will get into the Dr.  It has not happened before and I don't want to over react.  At this point I don't want to panic anymore then I did yesterday.  I was home alone and I think that added to the entire episode.  Trust me, I'm fine now.  Thank you!

 

I've had a few mails and comments regarding my tags being offered for only a short time or that they are not open ended.  I'm sorry about that.  I am doing more now then in the past and having several open just gets out of hand.   Logging on to find someone has visited and requests 2, 3, 4, and 5 tags going as far back as time would allow is not a whole lot of fun for me.  This is a hobby :)  So I do apologize for those of you missing out because of time restraints.  I do name the entry tag request so you will see it in the alert.   I wish I had the time to do these non-stop, but unfortunately I don't.  I hope you'll understand. 

 

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Full of love and laughter....

 

Hugs

~d

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. The pics are beautiful!! I am so glad that you had a great day with the family out on the beach. Your tags are beautiful and I have a ton of respect for those of you who do make these beautiful tags. As you know I tried and quit fairly fast. Too much work and time and effort than I am willing to give. You are an amazing artist..... Hope you have a great week.
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had such a great time ....I do enjoy hearing all the stories about your family ...as I do not have many family members left now .....what I would do to go back to September 9th 2001 ...the day before my mother passed away.

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome time and awesome new memories...love the graphic!  Have a great week!  hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Donna,  I'm so glad you enjoyed such a nice day!  I also wish to thank you for creating the "Reflections" tag for me, requested by and given to me by Nancy.  It truly made me smile, and right now, that is no easy task!

Thanks so much!  Have a great week!

::hugs::

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better and got to enjoy the beach!  De ;)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I've always thought everything looks better in sepia.  There's just a melancholy to it.

xx
Russ

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you felt better and got out and good family time. Cant wait to see the rest of the pics.
XOOX lj

Anonymous said...

You did good. Glad that you are feeling better. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

I ca nunderstand your not leaving the tags open. I dont wnat you to get burned out and heck you do them for free. I know i would get tired too if I had too many. looks like a wonderful day at the beach. Loveto see lots of pics. and heck what does rain matter your at the beach lol
abuot the stomach problems sometimes we just get out of balance and its our way fast busy life style I think you did the right thihng

Anonymous said...

Wow, the cottage sounds wonderful!  I'm wishing I had a place like that -- either on the beach or in the mountains!!  I'm so glad you're feeling better.  Hope it was an isolated incident!!  Have a great week.  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everyone had a great time...and going back Tuesday will be fun too, I bet.  Happy to read you are feeling better too.  Enjoy your week...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a wonderful weekend for you and your family.  Can't wait for the pictures.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,

This is a beautiful one, as all of your work is, just magical!  You are always so generous with your talents, I can't imagine how much time you have to invest in your hobby!  Sounds like you had a wonderful time, good for you.  I hope your sister and brother are both doing better.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Really sounds like a great time! Best wishes. Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your days out, Donna. I'm glad you're all better now. You do the tags the way YOU want them, as you say, it's a hobby.

Anonymous said...

beefy burger sounds good i want an ultimate whopper from burger..i sound fat and greedy lol.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great time you guys had. Totaly brill!
Gaz xx

Anonymous said...

Your weekend sounded fun Donna, just what you needed. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better now, a change in diet could have made you feel strange. Have a good week! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

We all need some down time.Glad you got to go to the beach and enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I loved to be there and sit in the gazebo and just watch the water. It's been years since I did that. ((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Please tag me one with Denny on it.
Beautiful tag.. thanks so much !
NoxyLady@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Love this tag.
May I please have one with
......Jodi.... .
Thanks so very much.
((Hugs))
Jodi

Anonymous said...

Hey D~I loved reading about your day; sounds fabulous indeed. Your sepia collage is enchanting; I love it. You are so talented ;-)
Your fan, (heehee) Deb ;-)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Looks so beautiful.  
I'm glad you're feeling better and having such a great time!

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time D.  Glad you were able to enjoy yourself even if the weather did cooperate.  Pictures are great, like the sepia touch