Tuesday, August 7, 2007

~ Darkness Falls ~

DsDesignsDarknessFalls.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


Well, it fell all right...  just about noon time.  LOL  I did get my son and my younger sister this morning and we headed to the cottage.  It was hot and sticky here, and the sun looked like it was going to burn off the clouds.  As we got closer to the lake and the cottage it got darker and darker.  Just before we pulled into the driveway the sky opened and the rains came.  It down poured for a few minutes and then let up.   It came again, and stopped.  Drizzled here and drizzled there.  We sat in the gazebo most of the day and the cover from the huge tree I told you about kept us dry if we stepped out from the gazebo.  It was warm, but definitely not a beach type day.  The company was great so it wasn't all a wash out. 

 

Renee and 'bug' showed up for a bit.  The kids played games and entertained her for a bit but she was bored and they ended up leaving much earlier then planned.  We hung out until dinner time and then went to a beach bar not to far away.  All the crab legs you could eat.  I'm not a huge crab lover and I think it's a lot of work for a little food.  I like to cut, chew, and swallow.  Ummmmmmm ok you pigs.. no smart remarks!!!  Fighting with a shell for my dinner is not my idea of fun.  I had steak :)  It was great and filling. 

 

While eating dinner the sky tried to open and I thought I was going to get the sunset pictures I wanted.  Luck didn't have it.  It turned dark and bits of reds and oranges reflecting off the clouds was all I could get.  Oh well a couple more evenings to get it right. 

 

Sitting in the gazebo the sound of the waves coming to shore was soothing.  It's not the norm on the lake so I turned and got a short video.  Boring!!!   Ahhh but it is soothing...   maybe I never noticed the sound before because usually there is so much going on you can't hear it..... 

 

I'm off to try and get a few reads in before I go to bed.. I will definitely catch up tomorrow and get the requested tags out.  

 

Hugs

~d

 

PS My brother is home :)  He will be on antibiotics for a bit, but tests came back good.  Thanks again for the good thoughts and prayers.

 
                      

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutly beautiful pictures. I love them. I am glad that you had a great time today at the beach. I would have gotten a steak too instead of the crab. I am so glad to hear that your brother is doing well and out of the hospital.
Amanda

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your brother is home!  :)  Have a fun week!!  Julie

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your brother is out of the hospital...(answered prayers). I do hope you enjoy your time at the cottage....I miss times like those.

Michele

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the crabs.  My husband is from Louisiana and they love doing the whole crawfish boil...YUCK!  I mean how much meat can those little creepy looking things have in them?  Having to tear apart my meal before getting to the good stuff is not my idea of fun!  LOL

~Tiff

Anonymous said...

Love crab legs, hate the mess! lol I loved that video too.....the sounds could lull you to sleep!
love ya,
carlene
ps...have fun!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I LOVE crab legs!  To me -- the effort is worth it.  I'm so glad you finally had a steak!  Screw that fruit for awhile. ;)

hugs,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Yay!  Glad to hear about your bro!!!  And, I agree on the crabs.  I will eat crab cakes... but otherwise... steak me!!!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

You still got some beautiful pictures though and made good use of them. Sorry, but I can't view the video. Good news on your brother. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your brother is home and on the mend!  Might not have been the pictures you were wanting but they're still great!  Have a fabulous day!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your brother is home! I loved the vide...that was relaxing for me! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time with the kids.  Can I come visit and sleep in the gazebo?  Linda

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear your brother is finally out of the hospital ...I love reading about your family times Donna ...beautiful video!

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

i am glad you were able to go even if it rained and go out to eat and have good food and good family time.....great video...LOVE you,lisa

Anonymous said...

Great news about your brother being home..Not too many people like to be in the hospital..Well, except my Mom,,lol..She used to love the attention she got...lol..
Thanks for sharing the video..
Have a great day!
Sheri

Anonymous said...

I loved the video of the beach...so peaceful and relaxing.  Sounds like, even with the rain it was a nice time at the cottage.  I love crabs, would rather eat a crab cake, than pick the crabs, I agree with you on that.  Hope you have a lovely midweek...and very thankful your brother is home, doing well.  Good news!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Loved the sound of the ocean that is very relaxing ~ Good news your brother is home ~ sounds like you had a good day even though it did rain ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

love the sound of the waves. that is good new son yo rbrother and that he is homeas far as the rain well we could use some but I admit nights are better so days are clear. but sounds like you made the best of it

Anonymous said...

what remarks? cut chew and swallow sounds just about right to me....snigger lol mwahhs zoe xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/domestic-chaos/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

i love the top graphic, it is so beautiful. I wanna be in that gazebo, listening to the water. It sounded wonderful. Hope you have a great day. ((((Hugs))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I love crab, next time just give me a call and I will come eat yours!  Linda

Anonymous said...

LOLOL, I thought that vid was going to be like a youv'e been framed video! I was waiting for something to happen and it didn't.
Gaz xxxx

Anonymous said...

I am so happy your brother is better.  I love the restful video.

                    Julie

Anonymous said...

I don't fool with crab legs either,just give me shrimp & more shrimp.............

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Glad your brother is doing better.  The pics are nice.  With over 300+ sunny days a year here in AZ a little rain is nice.  I welcome the monsoons.  Sounds like you had a nice get together despite the rain.  And I'm with you, I'm NOT going to crack open any body parts to eat, disgusting.  De ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad he is well enough to be home and glad he is better.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear your brother is better..too bad for Bug the weather was bad...loved the video...have a great week!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you about crab legs.  I love the meat, but rarely order them because it's just too much work. LOL

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

D, the little clip is great.  Like the sound, it's soothing.  Sorry you had rain but sounds like you made the best of it.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What better than to hear the sounds of the surf if you can't get there.  I love these videos of yours of rain and surf.  I never realized I could enjoy them until I started viewing them.  Gerry

Anonymous said...

That video of the waves was a nice little break! Thanks!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Yet another outstandingly beautiful tag........... Your talent never ceases to amaze me .

Loved the waves one......... I wish i could win the lottery and move to somewhere like that ....instead of living in London......lol I must be getting old.

hugs Jayne