Wednesday, August 22, 2007

~ Hump Day ~

DsDesignsSenecaCreekHorse8-22-07.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


:::smiling:::  Hi folks!  I hope this finds you well.  I did get by to some of the alerts earlier and will try to get to more in a bit.  I had a few errands to run after dinner so I had to stop, sorry if I haven't been by yet.  I will :) 

 

I took my camera while running errands.  Yesterday while I was coming home from my sisters I passed a small park that had more geese then you could imagine.  I was going to be passing the park again so I thought I'd have the camera in case.  No such luck there, but I did pass a house that had horses out so I stopped.  I thought this one was a beauty.  As I stood at the side of the road he came right to the fence.  I didn't want to get to close, but I did get some nice shots.  No doubt you'll see the others down the road. 

 

I had to stop at a store this evening.   I viewed the worst temper tantrum I've ever seen.  I've seen many, believe me.  This was a young girl, maybe 8 or 9.  Old enough to know better.  She was screaming at her Mom and throwing things.  'I want that one!'  Mom replied with, 'no you just got 5 for your birthday you don't need another'  This went on and on.  The child even called her Mother a bitch.  Mom had such restraint not to smack her right there.  I was not at the best angle, but as I walked down the aisle I could see what she was screaming about.  I'd never heard of them before.  I must be sheltered!  LOL  Well, probably because my son is 21.  She was wanting a Webkinz.  Anyone out there familiar?  Apparently they are a bit of a knock off of the beanie baby but they come with a secret code.  You get the code and go to their web site where you can care for your virtual pet.  Play kids games, and get virtual cash.  Oh brother I see this turning into a mess.  :::giggle::: and I am going to start it.  Bug's birthday is next week and I think I am going to buy her the pink poodle as part of her gift.  It was adorable.  I'm so bad, eh?

 

The day was pretty uneventful.  Work, work, and more work.  Errands, errands, and more errands.  I did get caught up on tags, and again I do apologize for the delay in getting 'oh happy day' back to you.  I just had no idea I'd be so tired last night.  Tired I was.  I turned my TV on as I always do.  LOL  yeap it acts as a night light.  Funny thing, I need that sound to fall asleep.  Anyway, fall asleep I did.  Immediately!  I don't even know what was on.  I slept right through to this morning and then woke up with a headache.  A throbbing headache that just did not quit.  So no, Bill, I did not feel great and it had nothing to do with the Chili!!!   LOL  I had a department meeting at work and we were working on creating queries in our database.  I needed my glasses to see the white board, but can't read close up with them on.  So it was a hoot putting them on and taking them off.  My tummy didn't find it funny though.  At one point I actually felt ill.  Between the headache and change in focusing I wanted to die.  No worries it was gone by the end of the meeting. 

 

Gonna post a new tag request and then I'm off to read some journals before I get to bed.  Hope everyone had a great day!

 

Hugs

~d

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

love what you did with that photo!  i'm just getting into scrapbooking...the real kind...will be looking back at some of your past photos.  :)  he is a beauty...love the way you included the lil bird.  never heard of the new toy, but with an 8 yr old granddaughter...bet i will soon.  lol
gina

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo and imagery with the graphics!

Sorry your day started off with you feeling so awful, but glad to hear it subsided after some time.  

Take care!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Love what you did with this photo Donna

I am behind times ....I do not even own a beanie baby and have never heard of these Webkinz before!

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

Kids today use thes tantrums to get around parents.I am happy the one you saw didin't give in.Trouble is if you smack a child here now in England you get reported so quickly and then trouble is on it's way from social services.Even th ekids themselves ring up some of them anyway.Kids see something new today and have to have it Donna.I don't agree with all this but it's todays world unfortunatly Grrrrrrrrrrr.Like you gald mine are grown and out of the way LOL!! I hope you feel better Thusrday.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

When I see kids like that in public (and there are more and more of them lately) I think "What kind of parenting books are they putting out these days?".  And then I think "Thank God I'm gay!"

hugs,
Russ

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous horse!  I've never heard of Webkinz but I'm sure we'll be hearing more and more about them as the kids get familiar!  Glad mine is grown.  I doubt I would be as tolerant!!  He has his own to worry about!!  LOL.  Sorry you had a bad morning.  Those morning headaches are misery.  Have a great Thursday!  Linda

Anonymous said...

That little girl sounds positively spoiled!  My daughter asks for stuff and trys to reason with me, even put it in the cart, but never tantrums!  I think I'll get her a webkinz for her birthday!  LOL!

Anonymous said...

The horse is a beauty, nice presentation.  I kids that act like that!  So many are taking that route these days.  Dana has mentioned those toys, but has never thrown a tantrum like that.  Glad you feel better.

Anonymous said...

I had heard of those things but did not know what they were and they seem a bit weird but then again, who am i to judge a toy. Just another GOTTA HAVE for Christmas. I have seen thousands of tantrums, many like you saw, and i just thank God mine are too old to act that way.
I like the horse pic.....i am sorry the glasses and the job yesterday made you feel ill....i hope you get to enjoy your weekend off!
LOVE, lj

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had a bad morn. {{}}
I've nevere heard of Webkinz?
Glad my kids are not kids anymore, LOL.
Have a good rest of the week.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

That horse is beautiful!  I can't imagine letting my 8 or 9 year old throw such a fit!  She would have not been able to sit for a week!!!!
Traci

Anonymous said...

My stepdaughter is really into the webkinz.  She has that little pink poodle!  I am sure bug is gunna love it.  I hate it when I wake up with a headache!  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of that toy. Although, I don't have any small kids in my life at the moment.
I cannot imagine my kid calling me a bitch! I would be sooooo stunned! He's never done anything like that. I'm afraid he'd be in big trouble and would not be able to sit down anytime soon LOL!
Beautiful horse. Have a good day!
Pam

Anonymous said...

A kid of 9 having a tantrum over a toy? Blimey.

Anonymous said...

Yeah that mom has a lot more restraint than I would of course I don't allow my 3 almost 4 yr old or 6 yr old to throw tantrums and let me tell you if they did, they'd get not just a pop in the mouth and they'd be picking up a few teeth if they EVER called me any sort of vulgar names and then I'd call Dad and let him have them too! So be if Social services were called! Hmmm...maybe having discipline in my children's lives are why I've been told the last few days on how well behaved my children are when we're out in public!

Love the picture of the horse you took! Makes me miss riding that much more! He's a beauty that's for sure!!

Have a great day and hope your headache is gone and that you don't have to do the whole glasses on and off again!

God Bless
Christy

Anonymous said...

love the horse pic. i saved the site to show rebecca. she loves those things.
Hope your feeling better.
((((((Hugs))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Oh no... I am sorry your tummy was feeling bad!  I cannot believe a mother would accept that behavior... yikes!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

oh I would just love to hug that horse,what a beauty.Makes me miss my horses.
I am late on alerts,duh!!.LOL
connie

Anonymous said...

Hi dear :) *hugs* Im here finally playing catch up, lol. I love the pic as always. The horse is beautifull I love horses there gorgeous. My little girl loves them too. Im so glad u got some great pic ops after u visted ur sister. Wow about that 9 yr old with her tanturm. Ur very right she should have known better. I really have never seen a 9 yr old behave that badly, lol. Thats just awful. Worse that she called her mom a bitch thats really disrepectful. I never heard of that toy she wanted either dont feel bad, lol. i will have to check that one out ty for the heads up. I think it would be cute if u got Bug one like that for her bday, she would love it ;) Aww bless ur heart u were so tired u didnt even make it thru watching a bit of tv. Im like that most nights too. esp thsi week with the crazines of little one being in school. Im sorry u werent well in ur meeting at work. I hate that feeling of headache and feeling yuck in the tummy. Im glad ur better hun. Off to read ur new entry :) ttys, Leslie xo

Anonymous said...

    Love the horse! Hate temper tantrums! I have two with ADD. I broke all three of my kids "I want..." crap by walking away from them. When they realized that they wouldn't get attention at home by throwing tantrums, it occurred to them that if I ignored them in public, they'd be stuck in the toy aisle by themselves. Thank God it never occurred to them that Mom could never really leave them behind.  
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/Jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

That Mum was a saint! That kid woulda bin toast if it was mine!
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, the Webkinz are a big hit and craze here right now.  I don't like those temper tantrums ... at all.

Which makes me think I should do an entry on one that Emily had years ago!  I handled it so perfectly that people who were there still comment on it today.  

Anonymous said...

Had to look up what they were too......lol. Not sure if we have them in the Uk yet.
They kind of remind me of the Tamagotchi's that you had to feed and look after

Photo was lovely

Have a great weekend
hugs Jayne