Sunday, December 18, 2005

Bringing Home the Tree

                bringinghomethetree.gif


Today was a very lazy day around my house.  Other than baking a few cookies not much was done.  We barely got dressed, well in sweats if you call that dressed.  :)  


Earlier in the day I opened the front curtains to let a bit of the natural light in and to show off our tree.  We have it standing on a table in the front window and I must admit looks wonderful from the street.   I live on a rather busy street and since we don't decorate outside I wanted the festive spirit to be seen.  Our tree is fake so it has been up for a bit, but when I got a real tree I generally waited closer to the big day.  I wasn't alone.  Today I saw a parade of vehicles pass by.  Trees tied to the top, sticking out the trunk, or laying in the bed of a truck.  I saw the local fire department drive Santa by for all the kids, carols playing.  I remember when my son was younger he'd go out and Santa would give him a candy cane.  Not many kids out today, but surely he found some down the way.  It was sign that the big day is right around the corner.  Can I just say I am glad my tree is up and decorated.  I can pretty much relax and bring in the Holiday without too much rushing around.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't put up a tree this year yet. I had a real one last year but doubt if it would last long with my cat around!! May put one in the bedroom if I can find space! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Christmas is a big holiday for us so we decorate early. Being in sweats *IS* being dressed. LMAO That's what I wear to school half the time!!!!!!!!!
I love the graphic as always. I can't say I've seen one I DIDN'T like yet!
Awesome.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Our tree is real and we have had it up sense the beginning of the month! They say the type of tree and condition of it when you buy it has a lot to do with how long they last. We always get the firs rather then the pine tree's I think they are a lot prettier and they are hartier. Pines dry out faster, but are cheaper. I also fill the tree stand with fresh water a tablespoon of Kayo corn syrup and a capful of clorox regular bleach. Seems to work for keeping life longer in the tree. I haven't had many needles fall from it so that is a very good sign. We also have Santa drive by on a Christmas lighted firetruck and stop and see the children at Christmas. I have pictures I need to post of that. He gets off and talks with the children RIGHT in front of your home and hands out candy canes! The kids love it! Take care.

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

You are the second journal I have read where Santa comes on a fire truck and waves to the kids.  I wish our Town did that!  We have a very small town with a volunteer fire department, you would think they would do it right?  Nope.  Sigh.  I bet your tree looks great from the outside!
Hugs and love,
Lisa