Sunday, December 18, 2005

Wrapping up

catboxes.gif No, not in a warm blanket, but gifts.  Lots and lots of gifts.   


Yesterday was a very productive day.  Out of the house mid morning and off to the stores.  I really hated the thought of shopping this weekend but I really needed to finish up.  I had very little for my son and the gift card from last week was not going to cut it.  I got both checks for the Christmas Cards I did and it was off to the bank.  Mad dashes in and out of stores.  My sister and I had a great time laughing as we watched different 'characters' shop, and spending our hard earned money.   


I don't usually do free advertising but since AOL decided to put what they wanted here on my journal, I thought I would put in a plug for a store that saved me lots of time and money yesterday.  We went into Old Navy and made a huge dent in the shopping list.  Fleece jackets, pull overs, socks, jammies, gloves, scarves, jeans.  You name it, they had it.  My arms were so full of items, I think I had them too.  When I checked out and saw the number of items I had decided to purchase, I cringed.  When the sales clerk told me the total, I was thrilled.  Still had money to spend!  LOL  


After a good 4 hours or so of shopping we stopped to grab a bite to eat and call it a day.  We decided to get our eats to go and eat in the comfort of our own house.  We brought the food in and ate and then went to get bag after bag of our new purchases.  We were home along, which is so unusual, and decided to start the wrapping process.  Lovingly we laid the items out.  Boxes, gift bags, wrapping paper, bows, tape, name tags, all over the living room.  It sure looked messy, but we had it down to a science.  We had a pot of coffee to warm our chilled bones.  One of the stores we had stopped at earlier in the day was a liquor store.  I picked up Starbucks Coffee Liqueur andwe added it to the warm drinks.  Yum, it was the best.  In the background my boys were playing and winning.  Marty Biron had just won his 13th straight game, something that hasn't been done in like 10 years.  Osgood (I think) was the last goalie to do it.  We laughed, talked, planned, and had a nice evening.   


When all was said and done we had gifts galore!  We both felt like climbing in a box and wrapping ourselves for a good night sleep.  Oh, did I say 'felt like it?', we did!  Today as we reassessed I think we are both pretty much done.  Maybe a little item here and little item there but the bulk is complete.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!  I'm caroling! ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies/entries/2160

Anonymous said...

Oh that is a good feling when the bulk is done ,Im the same ,just abit more wrapping to do ,then like you one or two smal items ,as you do; right up until the shops close ,you both sound as though you had fun thats the main thing ...........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

PS I had a good responce to the caroling through Jland you suggested ,thanks again for that,with love ...Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I got my last gifts bought yesterday and wrapped them today so like you I feel almost angelic!! Nice that you got bargains at the Old Navy store, sounds a lot like our Army And Navy Stores over here. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h