Friday, December 9, 2005

Need to Share this News

                        


Ok, I am not trying to brag on myself, but I got great news and I have to share it or I will bust, and that could be messy!  You may or may not know one of my pictures that I took and then animated is being used for my work holiday card.  That in itself was very exciting.  I was thrilled and flattered.  


Today I got called into my bosses office.  She needed to talk to me in private.  I know my eyes probably rolled in my head as I thought 'what now?', but I closed the door and sat down.  She babbled a bit about this and about that and I could myself getting fidgety.  She then proceeded to tell me that the marketing firm that we outsource some of our business to had contacted her about my work.  We talked for a bit and within a couple of hours I was contracted to animate their holiday card.  Contracted, as in getting paid!  I was so stoked, I am still stoked.  I love doing my graphics, but now, cold hard cash for doing it!  And right before Christmas.  Hmmmm whatever will I buy myself to put under the tree??  ::giggle:: Yeah right, someone else will get a better gift.  The line has already grown so don't bother asking to add your name.  ROFL!!  


They purchased the picture I will be working with so no copywriter worries, and all I have to do is throw a little animation on it.  I say that like it's easy, and it will be to an extent, but I will have to work on it, make it perfect.  Since they are a marketing firm they will be sending it to their clients and prospects.  Now my sales skills come into effect and I think this could lead to something.  No, I don't plan on being able to pay the bills or put food on the table, but it is a start and any extra money will be great.  If not now, in the future.  Maybe even the near future.  Anyone care to do the happy dance with me?  Pallease?  I need to PARTAY!!   


On a side note, the graphic here is not the one.  It's just another picture I played with.  Wanted to do a few different things in one picture.  Can you tell what is animated?  It's disappointing on the upload size to store graphics.  I mean I understand and all, but I had to shrink this pretty small just so I could show you.  None of the sites I am aware of would like me upload it without making it teeny tiny......... but this will work I suppose.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I do the happy dance with you!!! These are amazing news!!!
I am so happy for you!!! And you sure deserve it! You are so creative and talented! I wish you the best of luck! Go ahead and buy yourself a really biiiiig gift!!!!  :)
Hugs,
Maria

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Perhaps the year 2006 will be a good year for everyone!

I wonder, didn't you just start messing with the graphics stuff within the last few months? I love what you do with all your pictures. I simply don't have the patience to sit on my computer and do what you do. I look at them and only wish that I had more skills like yours.

Merry Christmas Early and I truly hope that this will mean bigger and brighter days for you!!!!!! You do wonderful work!

Anonymous said...

WOW!  This is wonderful news!  Congratulations ---- this is really going to be a

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Anonymous said...

I am dancing in the kitchen! <thats where the computer is>! You are talented and deserve this! GO YOU!!!!
I immediately noticed that the water is animated and after a minute of looking I saw the smoke rising from the chimney! Did I miss anything?
Cristina

Anonymous said...

oh that is such an awesome honor. You are truly talented, you go girl!!

hugs
angelrose

Anonymous said...

I Love this.

Anonymous said...

Im dancing ,Iam very pleased for you there is no doubt about your talent Iam so pleased they have recognised it and you can get some financial gain from some thing you love to do             Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Well done on you commission nobody deserves it more as your graphics are great all the time.  Keep up the good work.  Joan.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!
V

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that's great!! I knew you had talent when I first saw your graphics and animations, i'm glad it's being recognised now. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

That is so fantastic!  Do these companies e-mail the cards to each other?  Now in the picture, it looks like the smoke and the water is moving.  The smoke just might be an illusion because of the snow, but the water is moving!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.  You are so talented.  I love your work.  Pennie

Anonymous said...

That's terrific Donna.  YES people DO get paid to do what we do as a hobby, only they usually went to college for four years to get where you did. CONGRATS and you should be very VERY proud!!  I KNOW you are talented, I was even going to say you should do it and get paid, and here the entry is.  Try Web Design too!  BIG HUGS

Anonymous said...

Thats great news!!!
Congratulations!
What are they using it for??
their website?

Anonymous said...

Glad you are going to get something out of what you love to do. You do beautiflul work. Congrats. Helen

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I just NOW got the chance to read this entry and that is so awesome! Wonderful! I bet you had the greatest feeling after hearing all that! Talk about a major ego boost! Wow! I am so happy and excited for you. ;-)

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

    Congrats. I knew you could do it!
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

Bet ya never thought it would be anything more than a fun thing to do! Now you're getting paid to do what you like!

Jimmy