Wednesday, December 7, 2005

A New Day.......

                                 blowingbubbles.gif


I want to say thanks to everyone who sent hugs, prayers and good thoughts.  Today was a new day and things seem to be better.  Not that the news changed but coping and coming to terms has settled in.  I feel in my heart all will work out.  


I left work early today and slowly watched plans change, then change again, and once again change.  It did turn out to be a great day and I feel like a little girl.  All giddy and full of smiles.  Maybe the holiday is settling in and getting me excited.  Maybe it's something else, who knows ;)  I just know I loved this graphic when I did it and it fits my mood today.  


I had thought about doing some Christmas shopping after work, but it was so cold out I couldn't bring myself to do it.  I really wasn't dressed to be in and out of the car so I just came home and never went back out.  Did have a slight accident with dinner.  LOL  My sister made stew in the crock pot before work this morning and when I got home I threw the potatoes in.  The broth/gravy didn't get hot enough or come to a boil to make bisquick dumplings so she thought she would make them in boiling water.  DON'T ever try that!  For some reason it all boiled over and landed nicely on the top of the stove.  Well, you all know what bisquick is, and imagine it being dropped into boiling water and then over flowing.  She thought it looked like cream of wheat, I'll take the 5th.  Either way it was thick, white, hot, sticky, and all over the stove.  What a mess!  We had to clean it before it hardened and turned to glue.  She was able to salvage a few of the dumplings (the size of cotton balls) and they tasted fine.  What a hoot!  I think I'm laughing as hard now as I was then.  And yes, this would be the same 'Martha' who is so talented.  You know if I left her to her own means to cleanit up she probably would have figured out something to do with it.  New decorations or something.  


Anyway thanks again to everyone!  Have a great night and a wonderful Thursday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO happy to hear you are looking at the glass as half full. Our lives are always thrown curve balls and obstacles and it is how we deal with them as to how our lives will reflect the situations. It is not always easy to look on the bright side in every situation either, we will sometimes struggle with our emotions and that is just life I guess. Keep positive. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts that whatever it is that is bothering you or that is going on in your life that you will have the courage, logic, faith and hope to go on and get through it!

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

I did laugh when I read about the dumplings disaster!! So glad you feel better today. I always shirk the cold when I can too, why get cold when you can stay indoors and keep warm! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh nothing like a cooking disaster to lighten the day!  HaHa!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Yea........ But any meal shared with those we love and love us, is a banquet fit for royalty............
Good Freinds sharing, always makes the food taste better.

Anonymous said...

It's the quality of the company that matters, right? :)
With peace and love,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Anonymous said...

I don't know what the problem is but I am hoping it will work out for you. The graphic is adorable. I've never seen one like it before.
Laughing at what you said about "Martha." Maybe she could make bisquick decorations for the tree?
LOL
Dianna