Saturday, December 3, 2005

It's starting to look a lot like Christmas

         


               treedecorating.gif


Today was a busy day, we decided to get a start on decorating for Christmas.  Normally, this would be a fairly easy task.  A few items get packed up in the boxes the decorations come out and the furniture gets slightly rearranged to make room for the tree.  Not this year, after moving furniture around in different locations it was decided there just isn't room for the tree in the living room.  The new item that can't be moved is my computer and desk.  It was only brought out in the living room in April when I got the new one and the cable connection.  It had always been in my spare room, but since that is my sisters room now it was only fair to get it out there. She doesn't need me typing at all hours of the day and night in her only private space.  So here it sits in the front corner of the room.  Our combined furniture takes up the rest of the living room.  We attempted to take portions of the tree we had and 'shrink' it to have it on a table in front of the picture window, but alas fake trees are not made to be used in pieces. So off to the store it was to buy a little tree.  It isn't bad, but it's only 4 1/2 feet, very small in comparison but it looks nice.  It is definitely 100% better than my first tree after moving back to the area.  That one was bought from the stage manager of Charlie Brown's Christmas show.  We got home and had a bite to eat and started going through the multiple boxes of directions.  We have mine and we have my sisters.  Where ever does one put so much stuff?  We selected what we wanted and got a start of unwrapping and wrapping.  Part of my snowman collection is displayed on my shelf were family pictures are usually displayed.  My sisters collection of tea pots are scattered in different areas of the house.  And I have to say it's starting to look a lot like Christmas!  We got the tree in its place and decided to decorate tomorrow.   


I had a message to call my other sister when we gotback so off I went to make the call.  I took the phone in my bedroom so no one had to listen to me on the phone in addition to trying to hear the TV.  I yacked for a bit and when I was done I realized the Martha Fairies had been by to decorate the tree.  It looks absolutely beautiful!  A quick explanation of the 'Martha' fairies - my sister is not named Martha, but boy she definitely can hold a candle to Martha Stewart.  She has this knack for crafts and decorating.  I guess some could say we both carry a little bit of my fathers artistic ability.  He paints, I create on the computer, and she creates live.   


We still have decorations to be put out, she has a beautiful village that will go on top of the entertainment center.  Then the clean up of all the boxes.  Some will go in the garage and some will have to go back into storage, but all in all it was a productive day.  By tomorrow night we should be all set.   


Here is the work of the Martha fairies.  The light cast a funny shadow on the curtains, but they needed to be closed so I didn't get a reflection from the window.  


                     xmastree2005.jpg  


And of course a look at part of the snowman collection.    


 snowmen.jpg

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pics look great. Your right too about decorating. Touches like that can make a home even more beautiful.

Anonymous said...

You've been busy, it looks great. I do love to see Christmas decorations. Shan't be putting any up this year, my back has been playing up and I don't want to put it out completely. I love the tree with the fairies flying round it!! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

The tree is very pretty and so are the snowmen. I love your graphic. Helen

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

The tree and decorations look great!
Let me know when Martha is done making cookies--- Yummie :)
Couldn't you figure out a way to animate snow in the snowman picture?
Love it
marge

Anonymous said...

What a lovely surprise when you came off the phone (long conversation!!)The tree looks great and the snowmen are very seaonal ,lovely ..............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Love ur decorations....
We have yet to decorate this year...
we like you all...don't have a whole lot of space,
so we may just get down our small tabletop tree
this year.... Have a great sunday!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Love your snowman collection, and your tree of course :o)
I put our tree up today too.  It has to go in a different place because my computer is in what was formerly known as Christmas tree corner, but it still looks good.  Glad you found a place for your tree too!!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, just beautiful!!!  I want the Martha fairy to come to MY house please!!!!!!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Beautiful decorating! I love the fairies in your animation! I am finally ready to get off Fall over here and start Winter as we got some inches of snow finally last night. xox Deb In Sassys EYE I'm planning to do 12 days of Christmas from this craft showin CA last year!

Anonymous said...

Such a great decorating job. The more I read and see pictures in Journals, the more I am getting motivated to get my own decorating done!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed  the web page and the music.  The animated graphics are beautiful.  Thanks for sharing them.  Ida