Saturday, December 31, 2005

My New Years Eve

                                    grannyrocking.gif


OK, so I wasn't sitting in a rocker, my hair isn't long enough to do a bun anymore, I use a bottle to cover the gray, and I don't wear half glasses!  I know I don't have a dress that looks anything like this, but I may have the boots.   


I did however stay at home.  No plans for the big night, so my sister and I had a nice dinner and sat around relaxing.  She flipped through the channels and caught a few movies.  Do you know how many Tom Hanks movies were on?  I played on the computer doing graphics.  LOL what else is new... bring the new year in just like I sent the old one out.  It was nice.  No hustle and bustle to deal with.  A quiet, relaxing evening at home.  As you see, I did make it in to the new year.  And, no, I didn't pop in at my sons new place.  How many want to bet there is a party there!?!  


I hope everyone had a good night and enjoyed what ever activities they decided on. If you need the chair to recuperate in, I will share it.  :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No need for the chair here, your night was much more exciting compared to mine!!!  HAPPY NEW YEAR DONNA!!!
Many Blessings,
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!  We stayed home too, snowstorm outside, cozy inside!!

Blessings to you and yours...

~Phinney

Anonymous said...

Very funny! cute graphics and youare so hip!
hugs.nat

Anonymous said...

A lovely entry ,I could just about make a bun ,when I have my contacts in I wear half glasses, boots yes, dress ?but Ive got a sewing machine lol Can I snag this,please ,well its good practise isnt it !!!! with love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I stayed home too, I think a lot of people did. It's too cold to go out at the moment! Have a very happy new year. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Now, that sounds like my kinda New Years Eve.
I do not miss the hanging out at the clubs, and freezing, and wondering how Im gonna get home stuff.
This might make me sound "old as dirt"..........
But the safest place on New Years Eve is at home.................

Anonymous said...

We did go out -- to babysit!  Home by 11:00pm and in bed before midnight.  LOL.  I must be getting, uhm, boring!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing evening.
We did ring in the new year with our children, in-laws and friends.
Made a Fondue, played cards and as the night went on....our singing got louder...but not prettier....LOL! We all had fun and everyone stayed safe, since they all stayed in our house and left a 1/2 hour ago. Now, I may need that chair...where is it? LOL Hugs and Happy New Year, Maria