Monday, December 12, 2005

Mystic

I saw this picture and it was intriguing to me.  Something or someone called out.  I am not sure I can put my finger on it, but I know something stirred in me.  Mystical.............


 


                   mysticfalls.gif


I will play a little catch up since I missed making an entry yesterday.  It was busy around here.  First thing in the morning my son called me to pick him up from a friends house and take him to get his car.  I am blessed to have him be smart enough to not get behind the wheel when he shouldn't.  It was snowing like mad and the roads hadn't seen a plow.  It was that fine snow that makes visibility tough and roads slick.  The trip was safe and I stopped at the store quick on my way home.  When I arrived he was leaving for work.  He works at a car wash and it amazes me they are even open in the winter, but some of their busiest days are this time of year.  Cold or not folks want to get the salt of their cars.  The plow and salter have to go by first though!  


After he left I spent some of the day wrapping presents.  No, it didn't take that long to wrap the gift certificate!  LOL  I did have a few other gifts.  I also tried to watch the Bills game.  I say tried, because they stunk the place up!  I can't imagine sitting in that weather watching as they were able to rush the ball a total of maybe 14 yards.  Pitiful! Absolutely pitiful!   


The day gets better because the Sabres played and won 3-2 over the Wild.  It was an odd night and I had to play with the remote.  It's rare that I am not completely focused on the game, but last night was the finale of Survivor.  No, I really don't get into reality TV, but we do a pool at the office.  Each of has oneperson and the winner gets the pot.  There are periodic prizes throughout the series, but the 'survivor' gets $150.  Well, I was in the final 4.  I had Steph and it was a toss up between $40, $50, $80 or the $150.  I doubted I'd make it to the end as she had made many enemies along the way but I was interested in how it would play out.  I am happy to report I was runner up and made a quick $80.  Not bad for staring at the boob tube, and I was still able to catch all the goals in the hockey game.     


Tonight is so cold.  Bitter cold!  It is about 8 degrees and I have no idea what the wind chill is, other than freakin cold!  It's not snowing now, but earlier it was.  It was that cold crisp blue out and the snow fell very lightly.  I don't think it is supposed to hit 30 at all this week.  BRRRrrrrrrr

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I love the graphic, running water looks so good, yes, it is mystical. I hope your weather will soon warm up a bit, you must be frozen!! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

I love when you take photos to enhance with your talent.
Betty

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having fun with the games.  Its very cold here too, I will go out soon to see if we have a Bunnysicle.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Snow always looks so pretty, especially in your animations, but I don't envy you having to live in your climate. We're not used to that much snow here and so if even a little bit settles it tends to bring society to a stop! At least you're all geared up with salting and plows. I bet it gets a bit chilly down the car wash though!

Tilly x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Anonymous said...

h