Wednesday, December 21, 2005

WoW!

                                          rainbowfalls.gif


 


The last couple of days have been absolutely nuts.   


Monday morning I get on the highway to go to work.  As my car got up to about 35-40 I felt a horrible shake in the front end.  I swore I had a flat tire.  I pulled over and nothing.  Tires looked fine.  I couldn't see any ice or snow in the wheel well or in the hubcap area.  I got back in my car and started to drive, same thing.  Decided I wasn't going to risk it and turned around and went home.  I had my son drive me in as he wasn't going to be without his car all day when he didn't have to work.  Not that he needed/wanted to do anything but sleep, it's just the idea.  I swear the work day was 3 days long.  It dragged on and on and I felt myself checking the clock more often than not.  I think it's because I am on vacation next week and so many are already on vacation.  I'm a bit worried about my car as I just spent a boatload on the holidays and I know I have to get a new couch.  The day finally ends and a coworker drives me home.  I have my son follow me to the dealer so they can make sure my tire isn't going to fall off.  About 2 miles in I hear a thud and thought what the hell just fell off my car.  I call my son on his cell as he is behind me and he tells me he has no idea, didn't see anything.  Well, low and behold the car is driving better.  Well, I know my tire didn't fall off but I still want them to look at it.  They pull in it real fast only to find there was some ice packed on the inside of the tire/hubcap.  Remember that thud?  Yeah, it was the majority of it falling off.  My son calls me an ass, and I feel a bit foolish but safe.     


Monday night my boys beat the Philadelphia Flyersin over time.  They have now tied the NHL record for consecutive road wins and will be looking to set a new record on Thursday in Florida.  With any luck at all they will pull it off.  Marty Biron (goalie) is looking to extend his consecutive win streak to 14.  He didn't play Sunday but surely they will put him back between the pipes soon to make a run at that.  I haven't been able to find the actual record there but I know it's been a good 10 years since anyone reached 13.   


Tuesday I grunt and groan all morning.  I did not want to go to work.  I really wanted to just stay home and be a bum.  Kind of like the redneck Christmas Carole... sung to the beat of Little Drummer Boy.....  get a job you bum, bum, bum, bum.  :)   We had a department Christmas lunch and exchanged gifts with our secret Santa.  It was fun and nice to just sit around and talk, but that part of the day flew by and I ached for 4:30 to come.   


Tuesday night my son got home from work and announced that he put a security deposit down on a house.  He and his buddy will be moving in the 1st of Jan.  This didn't come as a complete shock as he has talked about it and they had looked here and there.  Apparently this place just can't be passed by and they have to do it now.  Not wait until they are a bit more secure or have a few more items.  I am heart sick and excited for him at the same time.  It's been just him and I for so long I will be lost.  Not that he was ever home anyway, but you get the idea.  Good thing Martha Karen is here and he is less than 2 miles away.  Am I sick or what???  Not like he is moving half way across the country or world.    


I stayed up a bit late last night trying to catch up on email and journal visits.  I've neglected my visits.  Between my graphics, the holidays, blah, blah, blah, I hadn't really stopped by anyone's and was feeling a bit bad.  Sorry if that sounds like an excuse.  


This morning I ache and I don't want to move.  Not like I did anything but sit on my ass last night,but I feel like I got hit by a truck.  I do a little mail in the am and then jump in the shower.  I turned the water on hot, and I spent way to much time enjoying it relax my muscles.  When I get out I realize I have to fly to work or be late.  Yeap, you guessed it, traffic was a bear!  I did make it on time, but I hate that rushed feeling.  About 3 o'clock it felt like it was midnight.  I felt as though I could not do another thing.  By 4 I wanted to scream!  I decided to go talk to my boss a bit and wind down.  When I got back to my desk I had a great email waiting.  The marketing firm I did the Holiday Card had sent me a note thanking me for the work.  Turns out they had lots of comments about how nice it was... blah blah.  One of their clients had an emergency and needed a card too.  Yeap, you guessed it.  Commissioned to do another animation.  Now I'm stoked!  I could get use to this extra money.  I email them back and hoped for the best.  When I got home tonight I quickly checked mail and then made a quick call hoping to catch the girl in the office.  She had already left but I spoke to the owner.  All is good and the check will be sent out ASAP.  She strokes my ego a bit and asks if I enjoy doing the animation and how I liked working with them.  Of course I was honest and said eeeeeeeww I hate it.  LOL  Now you all know better :)   We had a nice talk and she is looking for some other animation.  Not holiday cards, but for web sites, etc., for their clients.  Yehaaw I think I just got a little side work.  Keep your fingers crossed!  


I've probably bored you all to tears with my emotional roller coaster ride this week.  Up and down, round and round.  Life, it's a funny thing, eh?  I saw this picture and animated it thinking it was a bit soothing, relaxing, reminding me of my shower?  LOL Anyway, thought it would calm me and get me back grounded.  Besides it isn't snowing!!!  Only 2 more days of work before the holiday and vacation.  Will I last without screaming???     


PS no proof reading or spell check on this one, can't live through it again :)~

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Well it is better safe then sorry so who cares if it ended up not being a big deal. You are fortunate for that as well. At least it didn't turn out to be a pricey or dangerous problem. That IS funny though. Glad it all turned out ok and that the situation didn't cause harm to you or the car. Talk to you soon.

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

Donna, Happy that your car problems were a false alarm and no harm to it or you. Congratulations on getting another commission. Sounds like you're on a roll! Good luck with all that.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it was just ICE on the car. Don't feel foolish . . . I would have done the same thing. My car does that too . . . drive funny on minute and then the next it was fine. At least you went and got it checked out. I'm the one that says . . . gosh I wish it would just go away lol.
I love the graphic in this entry . . . very calming especially since I JUST got of the shower. It wasn't as nice as your though because my son JUST got out of the shower and sucked up all the hot water . . . at least I'm CLEAN though huh?
Congrats on the animation/graphic work that you're getting, but why keep my fingers crossed?? Your work is AWESOME . . . they should cross their fingers hoping that YOU will work with THEM !!
I feel you on the two more days. YOU WILL MAKE IT !! YOU WILL MAKE IT!! My son has two more days until school's out for a week so I'm counting down too. On Friday get online so we can do a WHOO HOO we're on vacation dance lol.
Peace & Blessings,
Poochie

** I didn't comment on the son moving subject. My son is 10 and I'm counting the years until he's OUT lmao !!

Anonymous said...

I love your graphic. Glad you are getting paid for some of your work. I think it was very wise of you not to drive your car until you had it checked out. Something could very well have been wrong with it. Hope you day goes better today. Helen

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it turned out there wasn't anything serious with your car. Nice to get some more work, once people see your work you'll be inundated with extra work! I love the graphic above too, very soothing. I hope the rest of the week is less rushed for you and you enjoy your week off. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

8 in a row on the road for Sabers!
Happy Holidays!
http://deabvt.blogspot.com/
V

Anonymous said...



great animations.. what program do you use???  I dink around doing them too.. any animations on my journal are my own.. here's one dealing with water

http://journals.aol.com/deslily/HereThereandEverywhere/entries/1363

this one took some time also. it was for halloween..

http://journals.aol.com/deslily/HereThereandEverywhere/entries/1210

Good luck getting that side job!!  sounds like a fun one to do! though I know animations take alot of time!!

http://journals.aol.com/deslily/HereThereandEverywhere/

http://herethereandeverywhere2ndedition.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Iam so relieved the car didnt need any major /expensive repairs doing ,very well done on the commision you clever girl ,and well deserved ............Jan  xxx

Anonymous said...

Breathe in, Breathe out...hehe
V~A~C~A~T~I~O~N
will be here before you know it...
I plan on taking me one here pretty soon too!
Hugss...~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Believe me, you are not boring us............
You are very interesting.
Congrats on the great work projects..
You are very talented.
Maybe you should start your own business ??