Sunday, October 1, 2006

Autumn's Ablaze

Today was a pretty laid back Sunday.  I got up early and did a new 'morning' graphic but never even posted it.  I did some searches on line and got through mail and that was all before 8am.  I looked out the window and realized it was the perfect day to go back to bed, so I did.  Not sure if I was tired or just enjoying the calmness & quiet, but I fell fast asleep.  I woke to the smell of coffee and toast a couple hours later.  As I tumbled out of bed for the second time, I decided I didn't feel like doing anything.  I had thought about taking a ride and getting some pictures, but the sun was not really out and I wanted the 'glow' on the colors, not a dingy look.  Maybe another day.  I made a few calls and got a few things done around the house and before I knew it 'morning' had passed.  Hmmmm guess I don't use that graphic today!

 

As you see, I have gotten several Halloween graphics that I played with. I have ton more to work with but I needed a break.  Suppose the next batch will be of the cute type, and probably down the road a bit... but one never knows.  LOL  Sometimes I get in PSP and I just go with what I open first.  I've also had a million requests to have sayings on some graphics so I was working on those.  Too funny, as I was looking for some quotes to go with graphics I found one that made me laugh hysterically.  Not one I would use, but it was a hoot!  I had a water graphic that I wanted a saying on.  So in my search I found something by W. C. Fields :I hate water - fish f*** in it.  Now wouldn't that just be a trip on a pretty graphic?  OMG!!!

 

I'm doing good, Bills won today, Sabres play for real starting Wed.  I got graphics done, did a new sidebar graphic that I'm not sure I like yet, laundry is all done, brother is still in serious pain but doing a bit better.  I thank you for all the well wishes, as does he.  He called me this morning to thank me for the 'lovely' picture of him.  LOL  I go to the Dentist tomorrow, oh the joy!!  Some serious issues going on, and will have a plan of attack after the meeting tomorrow.  Always, always, read the side effects of meds you're given!  Sometimes you'll have no choice but to take them, but at least be prepared as you can always be that small percentage of those effected.  I think I rank in that percentage on everything.  ROFL!!  Not that I'd change a thing, but I am also the 1% that got pregnant while on the pill.  With all the health issues after, I'm glad I was.  Things happen for a reason, and some higher power knew down the road I wouldn't be able to have any children so I was blessed with one then.  I always wanted a ton.  OMG!  Did I say that?  Well, actually it's true, I love kids!  At my age now, I like them a whole lot more when I can give them back :)

 

Going to call it an early night, hope everyone had a productive and good weekend!

hugs

~d

 

 

           DsDesignsItwasone.jpg

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love Autumn! These are perfect ;o) Wish I could have went back 2 bed this morning but my kids just were not going to have that! lol AT least you got some peace and quiet, lord only knows how much you needed that GF!
Love & Hugs,
Angel

Anonymous said...

i love your graphics:) you are so talented:) thank you so much for sharing them. have a good week and i do hope your brother heals quick

Deb

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful deeply philosphical entry!
thaks Donna!
hugs,nat

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

So glad you managed to snatch a couple more hours sleep, it's nice to be able to do that. I had an awful weekend with my meds from the doctor, I felt like I was dying.... very slowly and painfully. If you did check the side effects on meds you'd never take any! I'm glad your brother's doing better, I hope he's out of pain soon. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

How nice a bonus to be able to go back to bed and drop off again ,You sound as though the day was constructive anyway ,love the W C Fields quote lol ,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

LMAO@ the quote you stumbled upon..thats hilarious

Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Ever heard the one about the American navyship in the Baltic that had a whirring sound on its sonar? They thought it was a Russian sub, so they went on red alert, called back in etcetera. Later a board of inquiry was told that the whirring sound had in fact been caused by herrings, expelling gas from their rear ends.

Anonymous said...

Donna
Congrats on the win by the Bills!  Sorry to hear you have to go to the dentist.  UGH!  I like my dentist, but hate to visit professionaly.  Good luck!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Very relaxing. I love days like those.  
Good luck at the dentist.  I hate to go but they sure do help me when I need them!  I always say God Bless Dentists!
Have a good week.
Pam

Anonymous said...

That's pretty much how my day started on Sunday morning.  Had a hard time waking up.  Your graphics stand out far above the usual ones.  Stunning as always. W.C. Fields quote on a graphic, Oh My!  Too funny!
Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/
http://journals.aol.com/tsalagiprincess1/JumpingOffTheDeepEnd/