Thursday, October 19, 2006

Just Thinking.........

Why do folks do what they do?  What makes them act a certain way?  This always baffles me.  I could pull all my hair out trying to figure it out, it's already gray so that would be the next step.  But alas, no matter what you say, no matter how you try, some folks just have things in their head a certain way and can't or won't see it any other, the blinders block so much.  Sad really, don't you think?  Life in black and white, or would that be 'my' way or the wrong way? 

 

Things are picking up here.  Some of the smaller towns have begun the task of picking up all the fallen trees and tree parts.  I know they have I see some missing, but there is so much still there.  One town said it could be December.  December??  What are they going to do when the plows need to clear more snow?  What are they thinking??  I think they are down to about 55,000 still without power.  They waited to do the worst hit areas as it would take the longest.  Clearing debris still hanging from trees and wires so they can get to things.  They are also dealing with underground wires that have been damaged.  The temperatures never really got cold and this week they were in the high 50's low 60's.  Mother nature could have helped a bit more and kept the rain away one more day.  It came down in buckets today and all I could think of was flooded basements and no power. 

 

I played with this graphic and couldn't decide which or what.  Thinking I like the glow effect, it kind of reminded me of him sitting in front of a fire and the roaring flames only flashed across him occasionally.  Then I liked it without.  So even all the thinking didn't help me decide so I will let you.  :)

 

                         DsDesignsThinkingGlow.gif

 

The Vivi Nominations are up.  I'd like to thank all those that have supported me both here and at my tag journal.  I do appreciate it.  Please stop by and see the nominations.  The committee has posted links to the nominees in each category.  Try and visit and start thinking about who will get your vote.  Voting begins Nov 2.  Congrats to all the nominees!!  So many winners in J-Land :)

hugs

~d 

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your nominations. Good luck (tho I doubt you'll need it, LOL)
Hugs, Sug

Anonymous said...

i think their both beautiful. i wanted to ask, the graphic you did and had posted, was that the storm you just had? if so, my gosh what alot of snow. it's raining here now in Pa. tomorrow more rain. have a good night. ((((hugs)))))))
Cindy
congrats on the nominations also.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why my friend. This question has baffled me with a certain person for awhile, as you well know. I just defend myself when need be and try not to think about "why". Sometimes the only answer seems to be that they are simply selffish and hateful.
I like the bottom flashing one best ;o) Congrats on the nominations!!! So many friends are nominated together it really is hard to choose. I hope you win! You have my vote in a couple categories ;o)
((Big Hugs))
Angel

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

congrats on the nominations you deserve it. What has you so upset in the first paragraph??????? {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you on the nomination!!!!!!!!!!  I am glad to see Private Journals are on the list.
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

Yah know what helps me...a facial....that is one of the few heavenly things around....go get yourself pampered...I usually end up crying at the end...and a full body massage is amazing too...just feels like your working out toxins and feel lighter afterwards....just something to think about....55,000 without power?...that is alot of folks..alot...hopefully,,this is the only major storm for you guys...hope a better day for you tomorrow...-Raven

Anonymous said...

So very well deserved ,congratulations ,.,.,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Congratulatons Donna on the nomination.  I liked the top one.  Take care

                Julie

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your nomination and thanks for stopping by my journal :)

Gretchen
http://journals.aol.com/ksgal3133/LivinginSavannah2

Anonymous said...

I hope your neighbourhood gets back to some kind of normality soon Donna. I like the glow effect on the graphic. Congratulations on the nomination! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

This is a great example of why your Journal is on the nominees list!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Awesome entry. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.
Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

i am confident you will be a huge winner of the J Land VIVI's and wish you the best of luck.
Some people are so screwed up they only care about themselves and do not care how they make anyone else feel. You can not change these folks, got to learn to ignore them. I work with one who makes me mental.
HUGS,lisa

Anonymous said...

I looked at some of the ones we will be voting on and boy is it gonna be hard..I know so many of them...it will be exciting to see who wins..I came here last year right before and didn't know much about it!  
AS for the graphics..I am with you..I like them both!  Great job!  TerryAnn