Saturday, October 28, 2006

~ The Day... Snags... and Another Picture Journal ~

The morning was pretty emotional, and I do apologize for my little rant.  I had to get it out before I busted wide open.  On Thursday I came so close to just deleting my journal, and then Friday going private.  When I had more this morning I had it.  So much illness, sadness, and heartache in real life, I can't believe I was lowered to bringing such trivial bull shit here.  I'm sorry.

 

The afternoon was followed by more raw emotion.  The benefit for the girl I use to work with was today.  There were so many people there.  So many I hadn't seen in forever!!  My industry is pretty close knit and you know folks from other companies because they worked with you before, or they are friends of a friend of a friend.  It was a lot of fun, but sad that we were brought together under these circumstances.  She was not able to make it.  She has taken a turn for the worse and is with hospice at this point.  Please keep her and her family in your thoughts. 

 

An odd thing did happen at the benefit.  I was talking to a few friends I hadn't seen in a very long time and a guy stuck his head into the conversation, looked me in the eye and said, 'is your name Donna?'  Of course I replied with yes.  He then went on to ask if I knew who he was.  'No, I don't.  You look familiar but I'm sorry I don't know.  Should I?'  With that I got a look, a bit disappointed a bit odd.  I felt horrible, but I did not know.  'By that look, I should, eh?  Who are you?'  He leaned back over, told me his name and where I knew him from.  I about fell over.  He use to work in a pool hall that was around the corner from my house.  I use to hang out there against my parents rules to play foosball.  It was 30 years ago!!  I haven't seen him in at least 28 years, and he knew it was me.  Told me I didn't change that much and it was some what a guess too.  Small world, he does sales for a competitor.  Wow!!

 

Now some water graphics..... of course!  LOL  The last one is a picture Julie took.  I had to edit the picture a bit to get the water movement smooth.  There was some detail that wouldn't let me work around.  Her pictures are great and I hope you'll take a jump over.  Click on her graphic and visit :)

 

I'm about ready for bed... I will post the pictures from my work party tomorrow.  I've only had a chance to work on a few.  Hope everyone has a great night.  Remember to turn your clocks back!!

 

hugs

~d

 

        DsDesignsanotherfallscene.gif

 

             DsDesignsRedFall.gif

 

                DsDesignsforJulie.gif

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

very beautiful, snagged me a few. thank you. (((((((hugs))))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

No apologies needed. It's your journal, you can vent if you want to!!!!
Just sorry that a handful are making trouble for a few here re the Vivis. That is uncalled for. We are here to support ea other. Many of us are going thru trials in our real life & don't need it here too.
Mama always said...if you can't say something good, don't say anything at all. I still adhere to that.
Hope you have a blessed Sunday.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

aw some pics. I love them. I tokk a picture of Arffer today that just makes everyone melt but I cant find a frame or ediging for it. I m just not talented. Im putting it in my jorunral anyway but its simply adorable. that is so cool about that guy knowing you. wow I never remember anyone. Im glad you did not deltet your journal or that you did not go private well if you have to but I hope you will keep me in here. You do such great work. and I have enjoyed visiting you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't been by for a long time, but I've had a great 'Donna' day, catching up on both your journals. Love the beautiful tree pictures. Prayers sent for your friend.~Cheri in Colorado~

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry your co-worker is in the hospice now, it's so sad to see someone you know going through this. I was recognised in a supermarket by a girl I hadn't seen since I was 11yrs old! We were both in our fifties when I saw her again! I hope she recognised me because I still looked so young and not because I looked fifty when I was eleven! Lol! No need for apologies for ranting, you had a perfect right to and this is your space for doing just that! I hope you have a peaceful Sunday. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Could not resist - snagged all three.
Please Please Please do not give up your journal. The nameless few must be in the minority and why should eveyone else miss out because of them. I know its easy to have this view when I am not in the firing line but I am sure you are strong enough to ride out this storm.  Love Pat x

Anonymous said...

These graphics are beautiful!!  I can't imagine the pretty things I'd miss out on if you deleted your journal.  <sigh>.
I hope you don't.
Isn't it fun to see someone from your past....especially if they recognize YOU!  LOL!  I love blasts from my past!
Have a good Sunday.
Pam

Anonymous said...

WOW!  The water graphics are just simply gorgeous!!  So calming, which is what you needed.  :)  Someone wanted you to remember who he was from 30 years ago?!?!  Now that's asking a lot.  I can't remember a face from 5 years ago, nevermind 30!  But, it's good to know you haven't changed in all these years.  
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey D!  The water graphics are beautiful!  Nice you were able to get out at meet, greet and enjoy a few hours of fun!  

Anonymous said...

Great tags as always!
Maybe that man will call or email for a later date...was he cute?!
I am so sorry you are dealing with this. You are such an awesome lady.
XO lisa

Anonymous said...

 Love all 3 and thanks for the link to my journal.  I just recently went private in my journal.  I hadn't had any problems that I know of, but I am always the last to know so who knows, but I keep hearing of people hurting each other lately over these awards which should  be done in good clean fun and other things.  I went private because I just wanted to avoid that and the people who read my journal just all seem to get along.  Please don't delete your journal.  You have such a gift.

                     Julie

Anonymous said...

D, the broken halo is one of my all time favorite tubes.  I'm so glad you didn't delete.  JLand would be missing so many awesome tags.  When things pile up in real life, it makes "this" life harder to deal with.  Now, is the blast from the past going to call you...lol?  I'll keep your the girl is my thoughts and prayers.  So sad...HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

Please never delete your journal  I love it so much
You are so talented and so sweet to us. I hate that that there is always some crap going on this time of year. In my book you are aces with or without an award
Love you girl!!!  ~ Marina

Anonymous said...

Deleting your journal? Don't you **** dare!
If only because that would mean the bullies won, can't have that, can we.

Have a good Sunday
Guido

Anonymous said...

Please dont ever delete ,so sorry your friend had to go to the hospice and missed all you lovely people ,Fancy that fellow remembering you ,how nice ,.,.,Love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww!! Please don't deleat your Journal Donna,think of how many people you would be making feel sad, as you have felt lately..Lets all be happy and enjoy your work,just as you enjoy showing us it and sharing .We will always win as we all think the world of you.You are a winner I keep telling you.Glad you enjoyed your outing thats so good to hear and Sorry your friend is so ill.Prayers are said already and will be continued.Hey! when anyone sees a beautiful face they never forget it girl.Good on ya there!!! Hope you manage to stay in touch if this is what you would like.Once again those graphics are so fantastic.Try to keep smiling I hope you can.We are with you.Hugs.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Cool, our clocks in England went back on saturday too. Now i have to leave work and walk home in the dark! Im scared :-o

Anonymous said...

Never let the drama force you to delete your journal ...
going private i can understand....but deleting all the memories you have down in this little journal would be sad. If you ever go private..take me along if you accept readers...please.
I loveeeeeee all the snags...thanks so much!

Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I love the graphics,,sorry things are rough now, but they will get better.
Hugs, Cassie

Anonymous said...

Dear Donna
ok but you didn't mention the girl's first name for prayers.
I hope the best for her, her family and you guys.
So sorry that something made you so sad on top of your grief...
sigh
hang in there!
love,nat

Anonymous said...

I will keep your friend in my prayers..Sorry for not getting here sooner...I have  some drama taking place in my life...Battles with my own self!  Hugs, TerryAnn