Friday, October 6, 2006

Home Opener

Tonight the boys have their home opener.  I'm multi tasking here as I started the graphic and then got pulled aside with a phone call.  I wanted to put it up though.  These are the new jersey's, new logo.  Blue is home, white is away.  The logo on front is what some folks have been complaining about.  Calling it a slug, Donald Trumps toupee' or Barney Rubble's hair.   Blue and Gold were the original colors so I am thrilled they are back.  The logo?  It will grow on me.  LOL  I didn't buy the actual jersey yet, but I did buy a blue t-shirt with the logo.  Actually, I got two ::wink::  For all the complaining that was done they can't keep the shelves stocked, so someone likes it, I mean besides me.  Next up will be some hoodies, some long sleeve t-shirts, then the big investment of the jersey.  I have one of the original, Grant Fuhr, the last jersey, my Maxie!  Max Afinogenov, now who for the new one?  Jochen Hecht?  Hmmmm maybe  LMAO

 

Grrrrrrrr the boys just got ripped off!!!  Puck laying in the crease and it gets blown dead as we shoot it in the net.  ARGH!!!  First period is over and we are down 1-0 but lots of time left. I'll give you the low down on my entry later.

 

So... do tell, how bad do you think the colors and logo are?

 

EDIT:  They are the Buffalo Sabres, so it is supposed to be a modern charging buffalo?  Of sorts?  LOL

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the colors are just fine. In fact, blue and gold were the school colors of my old elementary school, so I have an affinity for them.

As for the logo... umm... what is it? lol it's interesting... reminds me of a comet. Or maybe a buffalo? LOL I'm undecided. I think it'll become an acquired taste for those who have to look at it.

Have a good night,

Morgan
xxxx

Anonymous said...

well I guess it ald epends on if you have to wear them and what you like , I guess I might have designed something diffeent and anyone woudl ahve as we each have different taste. I thihnk you did a good job and we each would have done it differently had we done it. That doesn tmean yours is bad. Im sure eveyone has thier own tastes. YOU CANT please everyone so dont try. It was a great effort and job on your part

Anonymous said...

Color is great. Logo I can live with. Hockey, the game, is the thing. Glad the season started and you are charged up again. Go Flyers.
Bill

Anonymous said...

Well, as promised, I will throw my support behind your boys. Good luck!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I love the colors..... I am not sure of the logo though.... But I watched part of that game and parts of others and my ususal Friday night show, Numb3rs. Go Wings!!
Tawnya

Anonymous said...

logo looks like a buffalo getting ready to dive for cover. LOL

Kathy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

dear Donna
wow! the jerseys look wonderful!
hugs,natalie