Saturday, October 21, 2006

YEAH BAAAAAAAAABY!

                   DsDesigns7-0.gif


I've been pretty quiet about my 'boys' with all that has been going on lately, and I sure as hell hope I don't jinx them with this, but I am stoked!!  Seven games into the season and they are unbeaten.  The cardiac kids have found away to win each of their games.  Some may not have been pretty, but they got the mark in the win column.  Amazing thing is, I don't think they've even played their best yet.  It's a long season, and I know they can't win them all, but the teams they have beaten were playoff teams last year.  They've beaten the Stanley Cup Champs of last year, the Carolina Hurricanes, twice already.  Montreal, Ottawa, Detroit, the New York Rangers, and Philadelphia have also felt the speed of these guys.  They don't quit!  I don't think they even know the word.  I don't like that they start out a bit slow, but so far they have been able to come back and grab the two points.  Except when they played Philadelphia.  Sorry Flyer fans, but that game was just too good not to mention.  A 9-1 thrashing is something I'm proud of.  It will never be enough of a pay back for us losing in '75 but I will take it.

 

Anyone interested can view some of the highlights.  If you do, watch 'my Maxie' skate end to end and score.  Gotta love him!  LOL

 

 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT!!!!
Sug

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the highlights...Your Maxie is a cutie!!! Have a great weekend...it it bitterly cold in my house today...as soon as dear princess daughter gets her self done in the tub it is my turn for a nice hot one!!! Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

wow woman you should be bragging

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my journal.  Congratulations back to you and good luck...have a great day!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I'm so pleased your boys are doing well Donna! I hope they can keep up their unbeaten run. Have a great weekend! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

And I had to watch each of the nine goals. Now I am really sick.
Bill

Anonymous said...

(smiles) You know, i've never watched a hockey game. I've seen it in movies, the main character always gets badly injured but insists on playing and winning the game. but on CSI they had a player die. and of course, you have the loosing teeth thing. but the main thing that scares me...and its the same with ice-skating...someone skating over my finger and cutting it off! yikes!

Maybe I should watch it sometime, you sure do seem passionate about it.

Shermeen xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/shermeen0621/PublicThoughts/

Anonymous said...

WOW - your graphics are boring. Congrats on the FiFi Awards..

Anonymous said...

Big Congratulations Donna! ((((Donna))))
hugs,natalie

Anonymous said...

Big Congratulations Donna! ((((Donna))))
hugs,natalie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment in my journal!  I'd also like to congratulate you for your nomination!  You do have some awesome graphics here!

Good luck to you in the finals!

Sheila
http://journals.aol.com/wipforever/NeedlesandHooks

Anonymous said...

9-1 thrashing of the Philadelphia Flyers was too tragic to watch on TV, so I didn't.  That's my home team and I was embarrassed for them......
Hugs,
Gina

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Is that like the coolest high and like wow and wow....girl..I would be a beaming mama too....how amazing for you and for them....awesome!!!!!!!! -Raven